ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Who's driving my bus?
The Bigger Bang Bus in Buenos Aires, Argentina
40x5 la Disquería/ Midnight Rambler / 40x5 Tributo bar / EMI Argentina / Modena Desing
Photo by khalil78 from BdP the message board by Midnight Rambler and Rocks Off
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Latin American Dates at RS.COM Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 24th, 2005 08:25 PM
ezequiel2517
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I will take the second week of February off, that will be my vacations!

Me too, Rio included!
August 24th, 2005 08:30 PM
LadyJane I'm SO happy for all of you...YOU ARE WAY OVERDUE!!!!

May the Tingle officially begin for our South American RO'ers.

LJ.
August 25th, 2005 10:33 AM
J.J.Flash Later.... don't tell I didn't warn you people..... you will remember this..... you will.....

Rio is just PERFECT as always... but don't let this concert to take place at Copacabana Beach.... ain't gonna work... that's not reasonable...... you can enjoy the beach before and after the shows... but don't mix these things.... no free concert.... just put some fair priced tickets and let the concert happen at that GIANT MONSTER Stadium, Maracanã Stadium, the biggest in the whole damn world..... you can easily have this venue completely SOLD OUT..... accounting the field + stalls.....

And São Paulo, São Paulo breaths Rock'n'Roll goddamnit.... Rio is just Rio, but São Paulo is the capital city of Rock'n'Roll.....
August 25th, 2005 11:17 AM
Flashpoint GREAT! GREAT! GREAT!

We're so blessed, River Plate Will Rock (Finally, since 1998)

2006 begins on 02-21-06 for me
August 25th, 2005 11:37 AM
Madafaka
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I'm SO happy for all of you...YOU ARE WAY OVERDUE!!!!

May the Tingle officially begin for our South American RO'ers.

LJ.

Thank you LJ! We're waiting for you down here
August 25th, 2005 03:15 PM
gustavobala me and my friends will be nuts...not SÃO PAULO yet!

god, in rio, well rio is a great city, but no more huge fans like são paulo!!!!!!!

and we not NEED free concert...LOL

August 25th, 2005 10:10 PM
Soldatti The River Plate stadium is not 100% sure here, maybe it will be in another (bigger) place.
August 25th, 2005 10:13 PM
lucasvm i cant believe it!!, who care the setlist???????????, i will see the Stones OnStage!!!!, im crying all day!!!, my girlfriend is tired, im talking about the concert everytime!!!, this is great!!!!!
August 25th, 2005 10:15 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
The River Plate stadium is not 100% sure here, maybe it will be in another (bigger) place.

Is Monumental de Nuñes bigger than River Plate private statium hermanito? Hey, we must set thing up Solddy.....I predict a massive, monster consumption of beer..... errr you Argentinean beloved brothers use to drink some cold beers, don't you?

Saludos!
August 25th, 2005 10:30 PM
Soldatti The "Monumental" is the River Plate stadium.

We can't drink beer in concert here and a Stones concert in Argentina with beer is a dangerous bomb. We're all crazy drinking water, imagine with beer! lol.

August 25th, 2005 10:42 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
The "Monumental" is the River Plate stadium.

We can't drink beer in concert here and a Stones concert in Argentina with beer is a dangerous bomb. We're all crazy drinking water, imagine with beer! lol.

Oops... sorry.... even following most of soccer matches between your guys and our guys, I was puzzled with your stadiums......my intention was in fact to say "La Bombonera", which I thought as having more capacity.

As for the beer thing.... I can't imagine anything sadder than that reality......
August 25th, 2005 11:33 PM
Madafaka La Bombonera is an UGLY place to see ANYTHING. Is smaller than El Monumental.
There only played Back Street Boys and Lenny Kravitz! Funny place, isn't it?

BTW, El Monumental is the River Plate Stadium and La Bombonera is the Boca Jrs. Stadium.
Soldatti and Madafaka are River Plate fans! Do you know what I mean?

August 26th, 2005 12:36 AM
Soldatti La Bombonera is a box, no way in hell that the stage will fit there.
August 26th, 2005 07:28 AM
Flashpoint
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
La Bombonera is an UGLY place to see ANYTHING. Is smaller than El Monumental.
There only played Back Street Boys and Lenny Kravitz! Funny place, isn't it?

Soldatti and Madafaka are River Plate fans! Do you know what I mean?

Didn't Know THAT!...Now we share two passions pal

I've been to La Bombonera and i hate it,....never coming back i tell you that
August 26th, 2005 10:35 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Flashpoint wrote:

Didn't Know THAT!...Now we share two passions pal

I've been to La Bombonera and i hate it,....never coming back i tell you that

Excellent choice!
August 26th, 2005 01:20 PM
Jair
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
and we not NEED free concert...LOL

Yes, besides, FREE my ass. Who pays is the city hall, ie, us.
It happened to Lenny Kravitz concert in Copacabana Beach.
I heard he took a million dollars from the city.

August 26th, 2005 01:33 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Jair wrote:

Yes, besides, FREE my ass. Who pays is the city hall, ie, us.
It happened to Lenny Kravitz concert in Copacabana Beach.
I heard he took a million dollars from the city.

Absolutely nothing is for FREE in this life my dear irmao Jair!
August 26th, 2005 03:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Just in from "Banquete de Pordioseros" http://rocksoff.org/foro posted by Ignacio from Uruguay

Chilean press complained about the dates posted by the official rolling stones campus as the show in Santiago is already booked. The date is February 26!! It is the very same date already scheduled for Mexico City. So as I told before those dates are going to change to fit Uruguay and Chile as previously informed

During the last tours the first dates were different to the final, the real date will be known when the tickets are on sale, and they are expected to be on sale.

I'm gonna ask one insider and will tell you later

BTW, this is the article if you read Spanish

Rolling Stones define shows en Latinoamérica y se acerca a Chile
Manuel Maira
Fecha edición: 26-08-2005

El clásico hermetismo de las grandes productoras de espectáculos se rompió bruscamente el pasado miércoles cuando la confirmación de las fechas de los shows de Rolling Stones en Latinoamérica fuera adelantada por la propia banda. Sorpresivamente, los conciertos del recorrido anunciados en el sitio oficial del grupo no incluían a Chile en la lista que apunta shows en febrero de 2006 en las capitales de Puerto Rico (11), Brasil (1Cool, Argentina (21 y 23), y México (26).

Pero para tranquilidad de los fanáticos locales de la legendaria banda, según fuentes ligadas a la producción del show en Santiago, Chile sigue dentro de las plazas latinoamericanas del tour que partió en Boston el domingo pasado.

"El show (en Santiago) está cerrado", dice una fuente cercana al evento. Y la versión es coherente con la reserva que hicieron los ejecutivos de DG Medios -que negociaron la visita en mayo pasado en Londres- del Estadio Nacional para la útima semana de febrero de 2006.

Pero el tema a aclarar en los próximos días es que la fecha más probable para el concierto en Santiago (26 de febrero) es la misma que la banda anunció para tocar en México. El escenario más probable es que la fecha programada en el Foro Sol de la capital azteca se posterge para el 28 de ese mes o que, finalmente, esa última sea la fecha definitiva del concierto de Rolling Stones en Chile.

Fuente: http://www.tercera.cl/medio/articulo/0,0,3255_5688_156231383,00.html
August 26th, 2005 04:02 PM
Madafaka We got to wait. As usual!
August 26th, 2005 07:23 PM
Soldatti Well, if Chile is in Brazil will get only a show.
August 27th, 2005 12:10 AM
Bruno Stone I don`t like the idea about a free concert in a Rio beach too.

Don`t wanna do a motherfucker remark but, come on...

I THINK WE ALL ARE GOING TO BE STOLLEN, unfortunately.

I can see riots, shitty sound, sand in the eyes...

I`m with you J. J. Flash: MARACANÃ!!!
August 27th, 2005 08:09 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Well, if Chile is in Brazil will get only a show.

Please... don't even think about it again.... let's keep the faith..... that would disgust me.... only a lousy free muttafuckin' concert.... as most of you know... São Paulo is the major ROck'n'Roll capital city of this goddamn country....
August 30th, 2005 12:27 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Thanks to the 40 Licks fan club for using this pic at their website, it's cool!!
September 2nd, 2005 08:11 PM
YoungGazelle Hey RocksOff people! Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of (no) wealth and taste (I think this joke has been done before, but is the best I can do).

As my first post in this forum I'd like to make a question: Does anyone have a remote idea of how "on stage" seats are going to be assigned in South America? (BTW: Does anyone know if South America is "on stage"?).

Thank you all.

September 2nd, 2005 08:24 PM
Gazza Hi

if its a stadium show, I would assume its the same system that has been used in North America already - ie, yes there should be "on stage" tickets for the South American shows

The tickets for the American "on stage" places were $250 and $75 and were only put on sale a few days before the tour started. Some were made available through contests on rs.com (although I havent heard of anyone actually WINNING any, so I'm not sure how many were distributed this way)
[Edited by Gazza]
September 5th, 2005 07:59 AM
YoungGazelle Thank you Gazza!
September 5th, 2005 08:31 AM
Gazza Personally speaking, I think South America is going to end up getting less shows than originally planned now that theyve announced these extra US shows in March 2006.

My take on it is that The Stones and/or Cohl have figured that they're not making as much money in the September-February US tours as theyd originally hoped for, so they've added these extra shows there in March (which were never even RUMOURED prior to being announced a couple of weeks ago) at the expense of (less financially lucrative) a few more South American concerts.

I personally cant see those Latin American dates being changed to accommodate extra shows as there are concerts in the US immediately before and after them. There'll be a couple of extra shows prior to Rio and one more in Mexico but thats about it. The only way round it would be to play Mexico after Puerto Rico and add two more shows after Buenos Aires

I think its pretty shameful after having NOT played that market on the last tour, that they may only play such a small amount of shows there this time...

[Edited by Gazza]
September 5th, 2005 08:42 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl During the last tours here VL and B2B we had an announcement of only one show and in a date I don't remember, later we had four shows in one week and in a different date to thye original

Same for B2B there's one poster with a date and only one show, I think it was February 3, later we had a couple of shows on February 7 and 9

It can happen again

Apparently the Stones will bring all the stage but not the side building
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)