ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Who's driving my bus?
The Bigger Bang Bus in Buenos Aires, Argentina
40x5 la Disquería/ Midnight Rambler / 40x5 Tributo bar / EMI Argentina / Modena Desing
Photo by khalil78 from BdP the message board by Midnight Rambler and Rocks Off
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Latin American Dates at RS.COM Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 24th, 2005 11:03 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Puerto Rico, Brazil, Argentina and Mexico now confirmed with dates at the official website.

Apparently it will be Foro Sol instead of Estadio Azteca

Not all rumoured dates are there, but a good start
August 24th, 2005 11:05 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl 06-02-11 San Juan Coliseo de Puerto Rico
06-02-18 Rio De Janeiro Copacabana Beach
06-02-21/23 Buenos Aires River Plate Stadium
06-02-26 Mexico City Foro Sol
August 24th, 2005 11:05 AM
nankerphelge RIO!!!
August 24th, 2005 11:09 AM
Gazza Gerardo - is that an outdoor venue in Mexico?

I presume there'll be a show on the 28th as well, surely! (I cant imagine the rumoured show in Santiago would take place only 2 days after Mexico City)

Glad its confirmed at last!
August 24th, 2005 11:10 AM
Gazza
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
RIO!!!

I smell a live TV broadcast.....
August 24th, 2005 11:14 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Gerardo - is that an outdoor venue in Mexico?

I presume there'll be a show on the 28th as well, surely! (I cant imagine the rumoured show in Santiago would take place only 2 days after Mexico City)

Glad its confirmed at last!

Yes it's an outdoor venue, 60,000 fans. Last time we had two sold out shows and wew couldn't have a third because of tour schedule, and before we had four shows there too. The previous name of this venue was "Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez" so this venus is also known as "EL ROCKÓDROMO"

I think there will be mores shows in Argentina and in Mexico
August 24th, 2005 11:17 AM
J.J.Flash I REFUSE TO FOLLOW THEM FROM NOW IF THIS STUPID, OUTRAGOUES BEACH CONCERT ISN'T CHANGED FOR ANOTHER VENUE SUCH AS THE MARACANA STADIUM (THE BIGGER STADIUM.. YADA YADA YADA). I NEVER BEEN THAT SERIOUS. MAKING A FREE CONCERT AT THE BEACH IN RIO WOULD RUIN ALL THEIR EFFORTS FOR THE HISTORY OF ROCK'N'ROLL TO DATE, THIS COULD BE WORST THAN ALTAMONT, NOT REGARDING VIOLENCE!

THAT'S NOT REASONABLE ENOUGH SCHEDULING JUST ONE LOUSY FRIGGIN' DATE FOR SUCH HUGE MONSTER COUNTRY.... AND SKIPPING THE CAPITAL CITY OF ROCK'N'ROLL, SÃO PAULO, I'M IN THE LIMIT OF A REAL HEART-ATTACK IF THIS ISSUE ISN'T SOLVED.

plase...tell me this can't be right....

THIS AFTERNOON, THEY WILL BURY ME...

Raging J.J.Flash
August 24th, 2005 11:17 AM
Jumacfly I so happy for my RO south american pals
you deserve it guys!
August 24th, 2005 11:21 AM
Gazza
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I think there will be mores shows in Argentina and in Mexico

I can imagine another show in Mexico OK on the 28th but I cant see a window for any more Argentina shows, unless they do them before Brazil (of course that Copacabana gig could accommodate a couple of hundred thousand people, but still it seems strange that theyd only do one Brazilian show and leave out Sao Paulo which is the biggest city there by far)

Theres only realistically room for two shows maximum between San Juan and Rio (probably the 14th and 16th)

Seems Montevideo and Santiago are off the schedule, then and replaced by more US shows instead....no doubt for profit reasons
[Edited by Gazza]
August 24th, 2005 11:25 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
I REFUSE TO FOLLOW THEM FROM NOW IF THIS STUPID, OUTRAGOUES BEACH CONCERT ISN'T CHANGED FOR ANOTHER VENUE SUCH AS THE MARACANA STADIUM (THE BIGGER STADIUM.. YADA YADA YADA). I NEVER BEEN THAT SERIOUS. MAKING A FREE CONCERT AT THE BEACH IN RIO WOULD RUIN ALL THEIR EFFORTS FOR THE HISTORY OF ROCK'N'ROLL TO DATE, THIS COULD BE WORST THAN ALTAMONT, NOT REGARDING VIOLENCE!

THAT'S NOT REASONABLE ENOUGH SCHEDULING JUST ONE LOUSY FRIGGIN' DATE FOR SUCH HUGE MONSTER COUNTRY.... AND SKIPPING THE CAPITAL CITY OF ROCK'N'ROLL, SÃO PAULO, I'M IN THE LIMIT OF A REAL HEART-ATTACK IF THIS ISSUE ISN'T SOLVED.

plase...tell me this can't be right....

THIS AFTERNOON, THEY WILL BURY ME...

Raging J.J.Flash

OUCH don't shout that loud... LOL

Jay I'm sure you will have another show in another venue, this is the first day with tour dates at rs.com, they will change it, be sure of that
August 24th, 2005 11:39 AM
GimmeExile Man, doesn't it feel good to see South America on the Stones tour itinerary again...I think A Bigger Bang will be the Stones most international tour ever. Let's hope they hit as many countries as possible to demonstrate their worldwide appeal...I just hope they pace themselves.
August 24th, 2005 11:45 AM
glencar Only 4 shows? Shocking!
August 24th, 2005 12:03 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
I so happy for my RO south american pals
you deserve it guys!

What about us Jummy?

I'm happy for both, the South American and the Mexican pals too
August 24th, 2005 12:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Only 4 shows? Shocking!

Be sure there will be more, in fact is 5 not 4 now but my forecast is

1 in Puerto Rico
2 or 3 in Mexico City
3 or 4 in Argentina
3 in Brazil
1 in Chile
1 in Uruguay

I don't think it will happen but is rumoured

1 in Colombia
1 in Venezuela
1 in Perú
August 24th, 2005 12:05 PM
glencar I'd love to see them in Chile or BA.
August 24th, 2005 12:34 PM
Soldatti 2 show only in Argentina?
It will be sold out in 10 minutes!
August 24th, 2005 12:41 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Sure Soldatti, this is the way have always been since 1994 when tickets were sold for the 1995 shows.

They need to announce one or two ONLY, then start sales and they add more.

As a side activity I have been involved in the rock business since 8 years ago and the Agency always ask for at least two shows, then the tour promoter sells only one show because if two or more are on sale at the same moment there are risks of have neither of them sold our which is not the case

That's why I wrote above: there will be 3 or 4 in Argentina
August 24th, 2005 01:25 PM
Monkey Woman Yay! Go, Latin America! The Stones are commmming down south!!!
August 24th, 2005 01:26 PM
Madafaka Yeeeeeeees! I'm so, so happy!

Buenos Aires will rock!
[Edited by Madafaka]
August 24th, 2005 01:34 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Yay! Go, Latin America! The Stones are commmming down south!!!

Thanks my dearest Latin-European friend
August 24th, 2005 01:36 PM
Gazza
quote:

Be sure there will be more, in fact is 5 not 4 now but my forecast is

1 in Puerto Rico
2 or 3 in Mexico City
3 or 4 in Argentina
3 in Brazil
1 in Chile
1 in Uruguay

I don't think it will happen but is rumoured

1 in Colombia
1 in Venezuela
1 in Perú

Taking into account they dont play 2 nights in a row, theres only room for a maximum 8 shows total in that period, Gerardo, starting at San Juan and ending on February 28th, and theres 5 confirmed already. You're estimating 11-13 shows there (not counting the 3 rumoured shows that you dont think will happen).

Logistically, theres no way theyre going to go to Argentina/Brazil before Puerto Rico and then go back a couple of weeks later. The only dates they could add are two between San Juan and Rio and one after Mexico City before the tour returns to the US.
August 24th, 2005 01:37 PM
Madafaka Ok, are somebody coming to Buenos Aires?
Come on! A biiiiig RO gathering!

[Edited by Madafaka]
August 24th, 2005 01:41 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?
August 24th, 2005 01:48 PM
Gazza
August 24th, 2005 02:52 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:

OUCH don't shout that loud... LOL

Jay I'm sure you will have another show in another venue, this is the first day with tour dates at rs.com, they will change it, be sure of that

Sorry, that CAPS thing..... just wanted do know how does BILL PERKS feel about it.... LOL

Now, seriously.... I'm THAT mad with this beach thing...... that can't happen....
August 24th, 2005 03:44 PM
Jair
quote:
glencar wrote:
Only 4 shows? Shocking!

Indeed. A third world thing, as you can see.

Anyway, I'm not planning go to Rio (a thousand miles from where I live) to attend a bitch/beach concert. Fuck them.

August 24th, 2005 03:46 PM
MrPleasant Gracias Gerardo.
August 24th, 2005 04:51 PM
Gazza
quote:
Jair wrote:

Indeed. A third world thing, as you can see.

Anyway, I'm not planning go to Rio (a thousand miles from where I live) to attend a bitch/beach concert. Fuck them.

I think there'll be at least one more Brazilian show BEFORE Rio
August 24th, 2005 04:52 PM
Madafaka Just wait my Brazilians friends... Sao Paulo will be added surely!
August 24th, 2005 07:23 PM
Soldatti I will take the second week of February off, that will be my vacations!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)