ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Fleet Center, Boston - September 3, 2002
Brian Rasic - Thanks Moy!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: TONIGHT!!!! REVIEW!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-04-02 12:42 AM
lotsajizz TONIGHT!!!! REVIEW

All right folks!!! They were FUCKING AA!!!!! They looked great, were loud, played well, Leavell was low in the mix. PERFECT!!!!!!!

Set List

1) Street Fighting Man--rough sound, muddy, energy, I think I picked this in the contest

2) If You Can't Rock Me---better sound, Keith riffs, Daryl louder on bass, nice tight ending

3) IORR--best version I've heard, prancing Mick, dancing wider over the stage

4) Don't Stop--better than Toronto, great Mick guitar, nice jam at end

5) Stray Cat Blues---slow, mean, she was "16" years old tonight, nice Keith/Ron duel at end, Loud

6) Wild Horses---perfect, Lisa and Bernard emerge

7) Loving Cup --- WOW!!! like the album arrangement, not the bootleg

8) Rocks Off---best so far, energy, Mick all ober the place

9) Rip This Joint---country punk energy!!! great Keith/Ron interplay

10) Tumbling Dice--their joy in playing this tune is obvious

11) Slipping Away---Keith, big time beer break

12) Happy!!!!!---Woody on lap slide!!! nice dueling

13) Love Train!!!! after the laughing, great soul singalong!! loved Mick's overcoat and hat!!!

14) Undercover--excellent, Watts louder in the mix

15) CYHMK---THE HIGHLIGHT, the keith riffs, Mick's vocals, the lyrics, Woddie handled the jam perfectly, great Keys solo and interplay, fuck those Taylor fans who said he couldn't handle it!!! The jam was INCREDIBLE!!!

16) Honky Tonk Women--played slow, no Keith/Leavell hijinks, a truly offensive video that my wife bitched about the whole way home!!! I didn't notice--except to note the naked chick getting 40 licks from the tongue, being swallowed, and then spit out, well, maybe my wife has a point?!?!

17) Satisfaction--EVERYTHING IT SHOULD BE and more

18)Stroll to small stage---Mannish Boy--WOW, louder still!!! Mick and the boys 30 feet away!!! guitar heaven duels!!!

19) Neighbors--Fuckin' A!!! Woody and Keith making awesome noise, Mick prancing, Watts pounding, no sax

20) Brown Sugar---Keys shows up, of course, great Mick prancing, milking the "woo, woo, woo, WOOOH!!!" from the crowd!!

Then he says good night, band exits from back of arena

21) Sympathy For The Devil---fatigue showing, but Watts awesome

22) JJF---faitigue gone, tighter, dueling, Keith brings it home, I jumped out of my shorts--LITERALLY!!!

Fisrt impressions!! Partying now...see you later!!! Peace

09-04-02 01:40 AM
padre My God, that sounds goooooood!!! Really happy to hear that Woody is on a killer condition. I just can't stand that I'll have to wait 'till next July to see the boys!
09-04-02 03:28 AM
chevysales offensive video?
those effects/clips/montages/cartoons were absolutely the most vivid 3d yet!
how could you even think offensive this is rock at its best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09-04-02 05:19 AM
zyggy_baker It all sounds great. I hope it's this good when they come here.

quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
TONIGHT!!!! REVIEW

All right folks!!! They were FUCKING AA!!!!! They looked great, were loud, played well, Leavell was low in the mix. PERFECT!!!!!!!

Set List

1) Street Fighting Man--rough sound, muddy, energy, I think I picked this in the contest

2) If You Can't Rock Me---better sound, Keith riffs, Daryl louder on bass, nice tight ending

3) IORR--best version I've heard, prancing Mick, dancing wider over the stage

4) Don't Stop--better than Toronto, great Mick guitar, nice jam at end

5) Stray Cat Blues---slow, mean, she was "16" years old tonight, nice Keith/Ron duel at end, Loud

6) Wild Horses---perfect, Lisa and Bernard emerge

7) Loving Cup --- WOW!!! like the album arrangement, not the bootleg

8) Rocks Off---best so far, energy, Mick all ober the place

9) Rip This Joint---country punk energy!!! great Keith/Ron interplay

10) Tumbling Dice--their joy in playing this tune is obvious

11) Slipping Away---Keith, big time beer break

12) Happy!!!!!---Woody on lap slide!!! nice dueling

13) Love Train!!!! after the laughing, great soul singalong!! loved Mick's overcoat and hat!!!

14) Undercover--excellent, Watts louder in the mix

15) CYHMK---THE HIGHLIGHT, the keith riffs, Mick's vocals, the lyrics, Woddie handled the jam perfectly, great Keys solo and interplay, fuck those Taylor fans who said he couldn't handle it!!! The jam was INCREDIBLE!!!

16) Honky Tonk Women--played slow, no Keith/Leavell hijinks, a truly offensive video that my wife bitched about the whole way home!!! I didn't notice--except to note the naked chick getting 40 licks from the tongue, being swallowed, and then spit out, well, maybe my wife has a point?!?!

17) Satisfaction--EVERYTHING IT SHOULD BE and more

18)Stroll to small stage---Mannish Boy--WOW, louder still!!! Mick and the boys 30 feet away!!! guitar heaven duels!!!

19) Neighbors--Fuckin' A!!! Woody and Keith making awesome noise, Mick prancing, Watts pounding, no sax

20) Brown Sugar---Keys shows up, of course, great Mick prancing, milking the "woo, woo, woo, WOOOH!!!" from the crowd!!

Then he says good night, band exits from back of arena

21) Sympathy For The Devil---fatigue showing, but Watts awesome

22) JJF---faitigue gone, tighter, dueling, Keith brings it home, I jumped out of my shorts--LITERALLY!!!

Fisrt impressions!! Partying now...see you later!!! Peace

09-04-02 05:23 AM
Jumacfly great setlist!!!
ah, lucky bastards, you ve heard the exile show!!!
really looking forward for next year, and next review...

good night, sleep tight!!

09-04-02 05:30 AM
gypsymofo60 Thanks for the run down. Great to see/hear, that they were kicking arse!....If You Can't Rock Me..f****** great! They should have been using this gem long before.."The band's on stage an' it's one of those nights"...many nights we hope!
09-04-02 05:45 AM
F505 Really amazing!! Great setlist! Where can i buy the first bootleg!!! Ahhhhh, i'm dying....
09-04-02 05:48 AM
beer I agree Gypsymofo, "If you can't rock me" is fuckin great and it should have been played more in past tours. when was it last played? 75 or 76? i have no idea.
This tour is gonna be killer. the pics look great, the reviews so far are incredible, the setlist is very good. I still can't quite picture The Stones doin "Love Train" but hopefully i'll hear it.
09-04-02 06:49 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
beer wrote:
I still can't quite picture The Stones doin "Love Train" but hopefully i'll hear it.

neither can i beer but that's exactly why it's the one song in the list that really fires my imagination - i'd love to hear some more detailed comments on that one...arrangements and so forth...i'm so glad that they're doing something like that because, despite the huge catalogue of their own songs, it's the covers, of what i'll loosely refer to as "r'n'b"*, that go to the heart and soul (unavoidable pun) of the band

and i can't wait to hear it too

* '"r'n'b... it don't stand for nothing but "rip -off" and "bullshit"' - Bo Diddley - "Hail! Hail! Rock and Roll" -
09-04-02 06:51 AM
lotsajizz How offended? How NOT offended? A writhing naked girl rides the tongue to orgasm (twice) and is then swallowed, chewed up, and spat out? Hellooooo!!! This is not "Smell The Glove" and they are NOT "Spinal Tap"!!! Don't have a woman or a daughter do you?
09-04-02 06:53 AM
sonicrock yahhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo no more my mouth can say yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
09-04-02 07:05 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
How offended? How NOT offended? A writhing naked girl rides the tongue to orgasm (twice) and is then swallowed, chewed up, and spat out? Hellooooo!!! This is not "Smell The Glove" and they are NOT "Spinal Tap"!!! Don't have a woman or a daughter do you?

"thats not offensive!...that's offensy!"

not having seen it i can't really comment but from what you and others have said it seems the band can still manage to upset people, particularly when it comes to the topic of sex

and anyway, from my view at least, writhing naked girls are so much much more attractive than their male counterparts - although i still can't fathom why they feel thay have to resort to all this extraneous stuff such as this you speak of and the various inflatable bits and pieces that have surfaced over the years
09-04-02 08:32 AM
chevysales How offended? How NOT offended? A writhing naked girl rides the tongue to orgasm (twice) and is then swallowed, chewed up, and spat out? Hellooooo!!! This is not "Smell The Glove" and they are NOT "Spinal Tap"!!! Don't have a woman or a daughter do you?

======================================================
actually i have a wife of 20yrs and 2 daughters aged 15 and 19.

only my wife came as the kids don't like the stones but its a friggin' cartoon..................

now that its out of the way i won't get into a pissing contest with you over this as you and i are both entitled to our opinions........at the same time i find it a clash of values when people can see/hear/worship (whatever your flavor)the stones go to a rock show by a band that always has had inflable penis's, women etc., and not expect that to continue in some way as it has for 30+ years and still find a cartoon offensive.

i as i would expect you can see the difference between a cartoon to entertain/make a point/whatever and not make something out of it that its not.
the rolling stones in all there glory, warts and all have been anything but politically correct. maybe thats why the lasted thru all this time.
09-04-02 08:35 AM
Jumacfly IMO: It only rock n roll guys, don t you like it??

Cheers

09-04-02 09:11 AM
midnightmagic How about the intro? Was it cool like the NS. What music did they play?

Thanks
09-04-02 09:27 AM
Maxlugar Yeah how did they hit the stage?

M!
09-04-02 09:30 AM
jb You wasted a good ticket on your wife.
09-04-02 09:35 AM
Joey Someone else has already mentioned the following review , but I thought I would post the Reuters link again :

http://www.reuters.com/news_article.jhtml?type=entertainmentnews&StoryID=1405828#

The writer called my Keith a " crippled spider " !

How dare he ..........thems fighting words .

Clubby

09-04-02 09:55 AM
corgi37 Holy shit! Sounds like the best fucking concert ever. Good mix of surprises and expected hits. And yeah, i saw the link. Crippled spider! What the fuck? Tell me, what was Keith like? The light show - good? The sound? Crowd reaction? Did Jagger say any witty comments like, say, when introducing the band? DOnt forget, this is the 1st gig!!! They only get better. I imagine U2 and the others salivating (like Pavlov's dog), are punching walls, throwing bottles and cursing and saying: "Fuck, fuck, fuck, they still got it! Damn their oily hides"! HA ha ha losers, the stones are still around. I am so jealous of my Yank friends.
09-04-02 11:36 AM
lotsajizz Fuckoff Josh, at least I love my wife. How's your Italian secretary you boast about? Adultery and putting down women ain't cool. Ever. Don't do much domestic work do you? BTW, check out the Herald this Sunday--Jason Cole's column--for what I do. Real men don't delight in subjugating women.
09-04-02 11:48 AM
sirmoonie Jizzy, do you mean this coming Sunday or the one just passed?

Great review BTW!
09-04-02 12:03 PM
lonecrapshooter I agree - FUCK OFF jb YOU'RE A PIECE OF SHIT!
09-04-02 12:34 PM
jb I have'nt read the Herald in years...a real mullet rapper...getting rid of Bob Rubin was a big mistake.
As far a putting down women, your barking up the wrong tree...It is surprising, however, that your so upset about the Stones similated video for fun...did "Under My Thumb", "Stupid Girl", "Bitch", "Brown Sugar", "Little T &A", "Starfucker", and "Sparks will Fly" also offend you ?
You and lonecrapshooter should meet each other and follow your advice to me....losers!
[Edited by jb]
09-04-02 12:36 PM
chevysales
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Fuckoff Josh, at least I love my wife. How's your Italian secretary you boast about? Adultery and putting down women ain't cool. Ever. Don't do much domestic work do you? BTW, check out the Herald this Sunday--Jason Cole's column--for what I do. Real men don't delight in subjugating women.

lotsajazz,
not get get off topic but would that be jason cole from miami herald????? probably not ass he is beat writer for my beloved dolphins.
09-04-02 12:42 PM
lonecrapshooter JB it's not the Stones sexual references that offend me it's your fucking arrogant attitude.
09-04-02 12:47 PM
Moonisup Guys the tour has started, don't fight
09-04-02 12:47 PM
jb What do you mean attitude..he said his wife complained the entire ride home and was offended....sounded like she did'nt have that great a time...all I said was "seemed like you wasted a good ticket" and you guy come back with the Fuckoff stuff...don't be so goddam sensitive..it only rock-n-roll for christ's sake!
09-04-02 01:18 PM
Joey " How's your Italian secretary you boast about? Adultery ......... ain't cool."

Speak for yourself ! Where would this world be without adultery ?

Hell , everybody cheats .....why wouldn't one ? The same pu##y year after year after decade after decade -- Bullshit ...........a man needs variety .

You want to know what is NOT cool ???? That is somebody calling Keith Richards a " crippled spider " ....can you believe that shit ? Man the author of that Reuters article must have a real bug up his ass .

I am now so upset that I must leave , go outside my office building and yell , " Fuck Off " , just like Pete Townshend does during the bridge to " Baba O'Reilly " on the RAH video .

" Don't do much domestic work do you? BTW, check out the Herald this Sunday--Jason Cole's column--for what I do. Real men don't delight in subjugating women. "

What does subjugating mean ????? Isn't that what Tommy Lee does to his wives ??????

" Bite me a new asshole Ronnie "

Joe Fly

09-04-02 02:34 PM
lotsajizz Yeah, the crippled spider remark was lame--and uncalled for; Keith looked great and moved great--one end of the stage to the other, sliding down and up from his knees many times, a c ouple of fan chordings once in a while--the asshole writer surely couldn't have done that--and yes, I mean Jason Cole--beat writer for the Dolphins--NEXT Sunday. My wife had a great time BUT FOR (recognize proximate cause counsellor?) the HTW video. And she wasn't the only one--mark my words, you'll be hearing about this video!!
09-04-02 03:01 PM
jb Look, I'm not looking to start an issue with you. I am sorry your wife was offended. I don't take my wife to concerts for that very reason....it's hard to enjoy yourself having to worry about the old lady. I don't think my comment about the ticket was rude or profane, but if it offended you, I am sincerely sorry.
Page: 1 2