ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Forum Outdoor, Horsens 3rd September
© Jyllands Posten with special thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: These guys think Brian Wilson is better than Brian Jones Return to archive Page: 1 2
25th August 2006 05:11 PM
Carpenter http://z14.invisionfree.com/applesaucerecords/index.php?s=7c68b917e2f42a6cf628c736e7ac8b2e&showtopic=1326&view=getnewpost

So there's this music forum that used to be a part of beatles-discography.com called Applesauce Records Forum (get it?) and some guy put up a poll about which is the better Brian, Wilson or Jones. Believe it or not, Wilson is winning. I'm posting this up here for three reasons

1.) so you guys could see this and give me some ideas about how to form a rebuttle (though I have attempted many, I'm the Carpenter guy on that forum too).

2.) so maybe you would register and vote and voice your opinion (despite this poll, it's generally a good group of people)

3.) and so somebody could re-assure me about how awesome Brian Jones is, cause this is getting to me.

By the way, I'm a new member but I've been meaning to sign-up for a while. I'm a former member of the Gasx3 board at keno.org (I was Coldturkey).

Cheers.
[Edited by Carpenter]
25th August 2006 05:25 PM
Dan http://z14.invisionfree.com/applesa...view=getnewpost

So there's this music forum that used to be a part of beatles-discography.com called Applesauce Records Forum (get it?) and some guy put up a poll about which is the better Brian, Wilson or Jones. Believe it or not, Wilson is winning. I'm posting this up here for three reasons

quote:

1.) so you guys could see this and give me some ideas about how to form a rebuttle (though I have attempted many, I'm the Carpenter guy on that forum too).

listen to a STones CD

quote:

2.) so maybe you would register and vote and voice your opinion (despite this poll, it's generally a good group of people)

Board War trolling. How original.

quote:

3.) and so somebody could re-assure me about how awesome Brian Jones is, cause this is getting to me.

Awesomely dead he is.
25th August 2006 05:30 PM
glencar Aw, what the hell? This guy survived keno's board; he'll get my help.
25th August 2006 05:32 PM
doo doo doo Dude They are right. Sorry bro.
25th August 2006 05:35 PM
glencar No, they're wrong. They're Beatle fans & they're mroons. They can't be taught.
25th August 2006 05:38 PM
Back Street Girl Welcome Carpenter
25th August 2006 05:43 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
.....they're mroons. They can't be taught.

?
Spelling is Easy.
25th August 2006 05:44 PM
glencar
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

?
Spelling is Easy.

Typo police! Run!
25th August 2006 05:46 PM
Carpenter I wasn't trying to troll, it's just that this is starting to bother me. If you think I'm trying to throw in an ad for another forum or something, click the link and look at how fiercely I've been defending Brian.
25th August 2006 05:47 PM
Back Street Girl
quote:
glencar wrote:
No, they're wrong. They're Beatle fans & they're mroons. They can't be taught.

So right glencar
25th August 2006 05:48 PM
Dan
quote:
Carpenter wrote:
I wasn't trying to troll, it's just that this is starting to bother me. If you think I'm trying to throw in an ad for another forum or something, click the link and look at how fiercely I've been defending Brian.

Congratulations. If he weren't six feet under I am sure he would be fiercely fighting right beside you. Or drooling next to Brian Wilson.
25th August 2006 05:50 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Typo police! Run!

Well ... that IS the only differnce between a pro and an ametuer. Pro's don't make mistakes. I mean if I leave a scapel in your body after surgery....
25th August 2006 05:57 PM
glencar If you're comapring this stuff to surgery then you need to take a step back.
25th August 2006 05:57 PM
not bound to please
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
They are right. Sorry bro.

agreed.
25th August 2006 06:01 PM
nanatod This may not be a popular opinion, but here goes:

I prefer Brian May's guitar work over Brian Jones's and Jones's over Wilson.

25th August 2006 06:02 PM
glencar Nope. They wrong. Wilson is a shell of a man. He died when BJ did but just never realized it.
25th August 2006 06:16 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Carpenter wrote:
1.) so you guys could see this and give me some ideas about how to form a rebuttle

Checked it out, and don't think you need any help.
In fact, you're more than holding your own.

To wit:
"He wrote Ruby Tuesday, one of the greatest songs of the 60s (and one that has influenced a guy to name his restaurant chain after it)".

Sail on, sailor.
25th August 2006 06:36 PM
Back Street Girl Brian Jones started the greatest rock and roll band in the world.Brian Wilson wrote pop songs for a shitty barber shop quintet.
[Edited by Back Street Girl]
25th August 2006 06:36 PM
JuanTCB Gotta go with the Brian who couldn't swim . . . and didn't drown. Sorry.
25th August 2006 07:06 PM
lotsajizz Brian WAS a good swimmer
25th August 2006 07:20 PM
Black and Blue
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
... I leave a SCAPEL in your....

See, we all make mistakes...
25th August 2006 07:50 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
No, they're wrong. They're Beatle fans & they're mroons. They can't be taught.

He meant "macaroons." Or is that "Macca-roons"? Or perhaps they're just tripping on "mushroons."
[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
25th August 2006 08:01 PM
Black and Blue
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
...[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]...

Nice!
25th August 2006 08:17 PM
Taptrick
I recognize Brian's conrtibutuion to forming the band but have never been a big fan. The Stones hit the grove I liked as he left.

25th August 2006 08:34 PM
Riffhard Well let's see here,.....Brian Wilson wrote some of the greatest melodies ever. He was the force behind one of the greatest albums ever,Pet Sounds,and he has been credited has being the only artist that the Beatles considered greater than they were. That last point may well be arguable,however,there can be no doubt that Brian Wilson was a musical genius.

As for Brian Jones. He was an incredibly talented musician that lost his will to play or contribute because he was an emotional basketcase with major dependancy problems. He also left a trail of kids behind to unwed mothers. Oh,and he also beat women. Then he died.

Seems like a stupid argument to me.

Having said all that. I like the music that Brian Jones contributed to more than I like the Beach Boys,but Wilson was far ahead of Jones in the musical genius department. It's not even close.

Riffy
25th August 2006 08:44 PM
Carpenter
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Checked it out, and don't think you need any help.
In fact, you're more than holding your own.

To wit:
"He wrote Ruby Tuesday, one of the greatest songs of the 60s (and one that has influenced a guy to name his restaurant chain after it)".

Sail on, sailor.

Thanks.
25th August 2006 09:03 PM
mac_daddy from where i sit, riffy hit the nail on the head with his summation...

quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Well let's see here,.....Brian Wilson wrote some of the greatest melodies ever. He was the force behind one of the greatest albums ever,Pet Sounds,and he has been credited has being the only artist that the Beatles considered greater than they were. That last point may well be arguable,however,there can be no doubt that Brian Wilson was a musical genius.

As for Brian Jones. He was an incredibly talented musician that lost his will to play or contribute because he was an emotional basketcase with major dependancy problems. He also left a trail of kids behind to unwed mothers. Oh,and he also beat women. Then he died.

Seems like a stupid argument to me.

Having said all that. I like the music that Brian Jones contributed to more than I like the Beach Boys,but Wilson was far ahead of Jones in the musical genius department. It's not even close.

Riffy

25th August 2006 09:28 PM
Brainbell Jangler I must also concur with riffy.
25th August 2006 09:53 PM
FrankiePeppers
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

He meant "macaroons."

Macaroons are great cookies!

25th August 2006 10:42 PM
time is on my side I, too, must agree with Riffy in this matter. In addition to Pet Sounds, I'm, personally, a big fan of Smile. It's seems incredible in retrospect that Brian Wilson met such resistance with this project to the point where he felt he had to abandon the music altogether. Never to be heard from again, at least until recently, outside the occasional tune like Till I Die.

Then again isn't Mike Love a part of the Beach Boys??? Come to think about it doesn't seem so strange now. I'm sure the fact that Brian was no longer writing songs with him had something to do with all this bitter resistance.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)