ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Forum Outdoor, Horsens 3rd September
© Jyllands Posten with special thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: These guys think Brian Wilson is better than Brian Jones Return to archive Page: 1 2
26th August 2006 02:44 AM
Kilroy Riff got it, Thank you. One survived, One Didn't. From one Brian TO another Brian "I just wasn't Made for these Times" Listen to it, off Pet Sounds, it's genius
it's our youth. Brian Wilson sorry. Thanks Mr Jones for the starting of the Greatest Rock-n-Roll Band, I can only imagine the great contributions we have missed because of your way to early departure.
26th August 2006 03:37 AM
Zack Riffy is correct. Brian Wilson singlehandedly wrote and produced, and sang lead on some of the greatest pop songs ever, then singlehandedly wrote, produced and sang lead on one of greatest pop albums ever, Pet Sounds. He nearly topped that with Smile, but fell at the finish line. At age 24, with no formal musical training, he conducted entire orchestras of schooled, cynical, cranky session musicians, getting them to do things with their instruments they never did before or would again.

As Brian Jones once said: "I do the bits you can't hear."

No contest.
26th August 2006 03:29 PM
Kilroy
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

He meant "macaroons." Or is that "Macca-roons"? Or perhaps they're just tripping on "mushroons."
[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]

You must be A Sen Allen Fan OR from VA.
26th August 2006 04:58 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Kilroy wrote:

You must be A Sen Allen Fan OR from VA.

Macaca-roons?
26th August 2006 05:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Well let's see here,.....Brian Wilson wrote some of the greatest melodies ever. He was the force behind one of the greatest albums ever,Pet Sounds,and he has been credited has being the only artist that the Beatles considered greater than they were. That last point may well be arguable,however,there can be no doubt that Brian Wilson was a musical genius.

As for Brian Jones. He was an incredibly talented musician that lost his will to play or contribute because he was an emotional basketcase with major dependancy problems. He also left a trail of kids behind to unwed mothers. Oh,and he also beat women. Then he died.

Seems like a stupid argument to me.

Having said all that. I like the music that Brian Jones contributed to more than I like the Beach Boys,but Wilson was far ahead of Jones in the musical genius department. It's not even close.

Riffy

yep.
26th August 2006 10:04 PM
WhenTheWhipComesDown Brian Wilson and Brian Jones are TWO different types of musicians. Both were
with two different types of bands. It is like comparing apples & tomatoes.
Each one was a great musician in his own right.
26th August 2006 11:32 PM
not bound to please That original thread was pretty funny...

28th August 2006 03:19 PM
jb brian Jones had more talent in his pinky than Brian Wolson hs in his 300lb plus body. The Beach Boys, like the Beatles, were a overrated pop band, who have little lasting meaning g in rock history. Brian Jones, formed the greatest rock band ever, and was a master musician so ahead of his time, that he was clearly misunderstood...God bless Brian Jones and the hell with the overrated Brian Wilson...he sucks big time.
28th August 2006 04:50 PM
Carpenter I totally agree with everything you said except the Beatles bit.
28th August 2006 04:56 PM
Back Street Girl
quote:
jb wrote:
brian Jones had more talent in his pinky than Brian Wolson hs in his 300lb plus body. The Beach Boys, like the Beatles, were a overrated pop band, who have little lasting meaning g in rock history. Brian Jones, formed the greatest rock band ever, and was a master musician so ahead of his time, that he was clearly misunderstood...God bless Brian Jones and the hell with the overrated Brian Wilson...he sucks big time.

post of the week.
28th August 2006 06:28 PM
MrPleasant I prefer Dennis Wilson.
28th August 2006 06:39 PM
Kilroy
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
I prefer Dennis Wilson.

Yeah or Carl
28th August 2006 06:47 PM
Kilroy
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Macaca-roons?

Yeah Virginia's Sen. Allen called a volunteer, for opponent Democrat Jim Webb, a Macaca. I thought that was what you were refering to?
28th August 2006 07:40 PM
Saint Sway Brian Jones is dead.
Brian Wilson is brain dead.
Lets just call it a tie.
28th August 2006 07:52 PM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
I must also concur with riffy.

Me too.
28th August 2006 11:00 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Kilroy wrote:

Yeah Virginia's Sen. Allen called a volunteer, for opponent Democrat Jim Webb, a Macaca. I thought that was what you were refering to?

It started with glencar's typo "mroons" for "morons." I turned that into "macaroons" (the cookies), then "Macca-roons" ("Macca"=Paul McCartney), then macaca-roons. Hope this helps.
29th August 2006 01:30 AM
Taptrick
BJ that is - edit function is down right now.

29th August 2006 10:43 PM
Taptrick
Check out Brain Wilson's Celebrity Playlist on Itunes new this week ! He list Satisfaction and Honkey Tonk Woman in his list.

29th August 2006 11:49 PM
Kilroy
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
It started with glencar's typo "mroons" for "morons." I turned that into "macaroons" (the cookies), then "Macca-roons" ("Macca"=Paul McCartney), then macaca-roons. Hope this helps.

Yea I got it I, it was just so timely here in good ole Virginia. Coincidence.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)