ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Forum Outdoor, Horsens 3rd September
© Jyllands Posten with special thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What JB has taught the pug Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
25th August 2006 03:07 PM
voodoopug This is a copy of one of my posts from shidoobee (credit shidoobee.com).

While I have seen recently the vicious attacks directed at myself and jb, it must be acknowledged what I have learned in the last few years under the mentorship of one jb. this was in response to an angry post arguing that ticket prices alone have caused the wide open status of most shows during mini tour:

"Very few people in this country can go to every event they want to go to, it is all about choices. The good majority of the stones target audience can afford to buy 2-4 tickets at top price without taking food from their family's mouth.

While not an attorney, I earn a very comfortable living, I have no credit card debt, I have no car payment, I have no school loans and choose to spend a portion of my income on traveling to see several stones shows a year (along with a few other trips and a few Pearl Jam shows when they are on the road). How is this possible? My work ethic is second to none, and my dedication to my family is with few peers. At age 28 (will be 29 on Tuesday), I did not like the opportunities that had presented themselves to me five years ago and put matters into my own hands and have just built a 6000 Square foot house, purchased my second new car of the year, and booked a suite in Las Vegas to spend Veterens Day weekend in to see the stones with my lovely wife. This is in addition to booked trips to Wildwood and Louisville.

Six years ago, I was driving a 1989 Chevy Pickup truck with 124K miles on it, living in a one bedroom apartment living check to check, and had to ask my wife to take a part time job just to get by. I did not like that, and now my major decisions are along the lines of "Do I have time to stop at the tailor before a client meeting? or "Do I want to purchase my wife tickets to a play or a new pair of earings?" I enjoy this much more! I'd be lying if I didnt acknowledge that Josh (Mr. L.) didnt help me with this. Apparently when we spoke for the first time, he saw a little bit of a young Mr. L. in me and has been offering me invaluable advice and support and has played a key mentoring role in my personal and professional development, and I owe him a debt of gratitude for this.

That being said, it is possible for any of us to set themselves into a position to attend whichever shows they want to, so I will not buy high prices as an excuse for poor sales, it is oversaturartion, poor marketing, and subpar public relations.

Oversaturation of market has most to do with shows not selling. Even basic economic training will tell you that Louisville, KY has far less top bracket earners than NYC or Chicago, but the show sold very well there as opposed to markets they are oversaturating. Similar patterns and comparisons for Boise, Regina, and a couple of others. Please look at all variables before responding with anger. I attack no one, yet back up my statements/points with solid facts and testimony."
25th August 2006 03:08 PM
Some Guy Memorable Quotes from
Caddyshack (1980)
Al Czervik: Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it.

*Bringing help early.
25th August 2006 03:11 PM
Joey
Nanky ?!?!

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
25th August 2006 03:12 PM
Altamont Please post the video of you singing and dancing on that news channel.
25th August 2006 03:13 PM
Saint Sway Pug,

what meds do the docs have you on?
25th August 2006 03:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Altamont wrote:
Please post the video of you singing and dancing on that news channel.

Sadly, I do not know how to convert my dvr recording or VHS copy of it to mpeg or wmv format. It is a valueable tool in my fight for a healthier/thinner lifestyle as I truly looked ready to die in that video!

Voodoo looked much better in his press conference footage.
25th August 2006 03:14 PM
jb Thanks again for the kind words....
25th August 2006 03:15 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

he really looked full of life
25th August 2006 03:15 PM
Altamont
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, I do not know how to convert my dvr recording or VHS copy of it to mpeg or wmv format. It is a valueable tool in my fight for a healthier/thinner lifestyle as I truly looked ready to die in that video!

Maybe you could tree the video or upload it to the Rocks Off bit torrent tracker.
25th August 2006 03:16 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
This is a copy of one of my posts from shidoobee (credit shidoobee.com).

While I have seen recently the vicious attacks directed at myself and jb, it must be acknowledged what I have learned in the last few years under the mentorship of one jb. this was in response to an angry post arguing that ticket prices alone have caused the wide open status of most shows during mini tour:

Six years ago, I was driving a 1989 Chevy Pickup truck with 124K miles on it, living in a one bedroom apartment living check to check, and had to ask my wife to take a part time job just to get by. I did not like that, and now my major decisions are along the lines of "Do I have time to stop at the tailor before a client meeting? or "Do I want to purchase my wife tickets to a play or a new pair of earings?" I enjoy this much more! I'd be lying if I didnt acknowledge that Josh (Mr. L.) didnt help me with this. Apparently when we spoke for the first time, he saw a little bit of a young Mr. L. in me and has been offering me invaluable advice and support and has played a key mentoring role in my personal and professional development, and I owe him a debt of gratitude for this.

Oh man, this is too easy. Should I take the shot? Or leave it open for some up-and-coming B-listers to gain some big league experience?
25th August 2006 03:19 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Apparently when we spoke for the first time, he saw a little bit of a young Mr. L. in me

I sense that when you two first met you probably wound up with more than just a little bit of Mr. L in you.
25th August 2006 03:20 PM
Joey

Happy Happy Birthday .
25th August 2006 03:21 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Altamont wrote:

Maybe you could tree the video or upload it to the Rocks Off bit torrent tracker.

send me your address if you would like and I'd be happy to send you a vhs copy for you to use in any future humiliation of me or my posts.

I am not able to upload any video myself at this time.
25th August 2006 03:22 PM
voodoopug
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Oh man, this is too easy. Should I take the shot? Or leave it open for some up-and-coming B-listers to gain some big league experience?

are there really any B listers out there with either the confidence to "toss softballs" up there like I do or with the type of posting talent we have to take advantage of the opportunity???? I do not see any.
25th August 2006 03:23 PM
Some Guy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

It's all you biggie!
25th August 2006 03:24 PM
Egbert
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I sense that when you two first met you probably wound up with more than just a little bit of Mr. L in you.

That's a round-tripper!
25th August 2006 03:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Egbert wrote:

That's a round-tripper!

boring and predictable, Sway is capable of much more than that. Just take a look at his posts regarding my brushes with mediocracy during my college years
25th August 2006 03:27 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

are there really any B listers out there with either the confidence to "toss softballs" up there like I do or with the type of posting talent we have to take advantage of the opportunity???? I do not see any.

I have a few protoges running around the place (e.g., Fiji Joe, Rodney King, Joey, etc.). Let me see what they are up to, and get back to you. I mean, that was more like a beachball than a softball, even Ian Billen could put wood on that post.
25th August 2006 03:32 PM
Joey " even Ian Billen could put wood on that post. "

" One night in January of 1982, Paul missed a dinner appointment with a group of long-time friends. Concerned, they rushed to his home on North Palm Drive in Beverly Hills. He was found naked and dead, surrounded by amyl-nitrate poppers, an inhalant used primarily by gay men to enhance sex. His death was ruled a heart attack. Funeral services were held at Westwood Village Memorial Park in California, with interment at Amity Cemetery, Amity, Ohio. Lynde was survived by his sisters Grace and Helen, and his brothers Richard and Cordy."

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/entertainers/actors/paul-lynde/paul_partyboy.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/entertainers/actors/paul-lynde/&h=277&w=366&sz=43&hl=en&start=2&tbnid=IS1JiTlHB4pVaM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=122&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dof%2Bpaul%2Blynde%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

[Edited by Joey]
25th August 2006 03:37 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" even Ian Billen could put wood on that post. "

" One night in January of 1982, Paul missed a dinner appointment with a group of long-time friends. Concerned, they rushed to his home on North Palm Drive in Beverly Hills. He was found naked and dead, surrounded by amyl-nitrate poppers, an inhalant used primarily by gay men to enhance sex. His death was ruled a heart attack. Funeral services were held at Westwood Village Memorial Park in California, with interment at Amity Cemetery, Amity, Ohio. Lynde was survived by his sisters Grace and Helen, and his brothers Richard and Cordy."

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/entertainers/actors/paul-lynde/paul_partyboy.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/entertainers/actors/paul-lynde/&h=277&w=366&sz=43&hl=en&start=2&tbnid=IS1JiTlHB4pVaM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=122&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dof%2Bpaul%2Blynde%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

[Edited by Joey]

I saw a broadway performance with Lynde on PBS from 1961....
25th August 2006 03:37 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Saint Sway wrote:

25th August 2006 04:03 PM
Factory Girl I call a moratorium on Paul pics.

I call for jb and pug to set up a message board dedicated exclusively to their mutual flagellation.
25th August 2006 04:05 PM
Joey
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I call a moratorium on Paul pics.

I call for jb and pug to set up a message board dedicated exclusively to their mutual flagellation.

25th August 2006 04:06 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I have a few protoges running around the place (e.g., Fiji Joe, Rodney King, Joey, etc.). Let me see what they are up to, and get back to you. I mean, that was more like a beachball than a softball, even Ian Billen could put wood on that post.

Moonie..don't be jealous because I've been chatting online with babes all day

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
25th August 2006 04:15 PM
Some Guy I'm making a sushi run.
25th August 2006 04:17 PM
Fiji Joe Is that what it's come to?...Pug posting self-aggrandizing posts in an effort to remind folks of his relevance?...grainy images of mythical monsters?...photoshops of himself recovering from surgery in his home sipping wine while lounging about in a $60 Adidas jumpsuit?...his greatness documented only in jump rope nursery rhymes sung by portly kids on the playgrounds of Chicago?...they say it never happaned...that it was all just fancy film work made in some Hollywood warehouse...that this is all just revisionist hisotry...the old people are revealing secrets whilst gumming jello on their death beds

Once proud and whatnot...

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
25th August 2006 04:18 PM
Some Guy The term they now use is Humiliationism.
25th August 2006 04:25 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I'm making a sushi run.

don't forget the lucky t-shirt!
25th August 2006 04:27 PM
Joey " Moonie..don't be jealous because I've been chatting online with babes all day"

25th August 2006 04:50 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

don't forget the lucky t-shirt!

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)