ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Forum Outdoor, Horsens 3rd September
© Jyllands Posten with special thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hampden Park, Glasgow, 25 th August- Setlists, Photos, and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
25th August 2006 05:09 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Short setlist tonite
17. BS
18. YCAGWYW

Short one indeed. You got PM again.
25th August 2006 05:14 PM
PartyDoll MEG 19. Satisfaction

From Prince Gazza: "Ladies and gents, this week has seen musical rebirth of Ronald David Wood. Rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated!"
25th August 2006 05:15 PM
swapwoodfortaylor Thanks so much for the input. Now it just remains to be seen which tracks will feature from here in Monday's BBC broadcast. I can't wait!!
25th August 2006 05:17 PM
christijanus Thanks. We used the info on Dutch Stones Forum
25th August 2006 05:17 PM
charlotte good to see Ronald have an excellent consistent week!
25th August 2006 05:24 PM
glencar That's a nice setlist, albeit a bit short. It's a synthesis of the 2 shows earlier this week.
25th August 2006 05:24 PM
PartyDoll MEG
Text from Gazza: "a fucking humdinger"

And another photo from his phone:

25th August 2006 05:26 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Text from Gazza: possibly best show ive seen this summer.
25th August 2006 06:03 PM
ohnonotyouagain 19 must be Ronnie's magic number. If he has to play on 20 songs he gets confused and screws half of them up, but drop one song and magically he is on fire!
25th August 2006 06:04 PM
glencar
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
Text from Gazza: possibly best show ive seen this summer.

damning with faint praise...
25th August 2006 07:38 PM
Soldatti 19 songs is the new standard.
25th August 2006 07:42 PM
paddy i saw 16 of them (?) on tuesday at twickers........
[Edited by paddy]
25th August 2006 08:14 PM
Scot Rocks What a Great show!!, managed to rush up and get right up close to the B stage which was fantastic. Highlight for me personally was She's So Cold, brilliant to hear that one live. Mick made one fuckup when annoucing Sway, he said "this ones off beggars banguet".

Oh and it stopped raining before it started

Also agree with Gazza, Ronnie was great tonight. Only one criticism was the sound at the B stage for the first 2 songs but thats very minor to what was a great night.

Oh and Hampden seemed totally full from where I was standing, for those concerned about the ticket sales!

Mark
25th August 2006 08:45 PM
happyparis good to know they did a great show!!!

i wish i could have been there. but fuck the lack of money... always..

grettings from paris guys!!
25th August 2006 09:37 PM
stones40 Forever hearing that the 'Stones' need to continually change their set list as fans are becomming bored with the 'Warehorses'
Tonight at 'Hampden' the 'Stones' changed things about after 'Jumpin Jack Fash & IORR songs were -

Oh No not You Again
She's so Cold
Sway
Live with Me
Rain Fall Down

and the audience went quiet and appeared disinterested yet when the next song

'Ruby Tuesday' was performed the entire audience
sang along in full to the chorus.

It's quite aparent that most fans going to the concerts only wish to hear the 'Stones' big hits which are plentifull
yet when the band plays less known familiar items the crowd goes quiet.
The guy's are caught in a timewarp yet almost all 'Stones' fans are quiet happy to only hear the guys biggest hits whenever they play .
Is it no wonder that the 'Stones' play to a regimented set list which will appeal to almost all fans attending the concert.
The 'Stones' overall perfomance tonight was excellent with Ronnie on top form,Keef as his normal self and Mick & Charlie producing the goods as they always do.
25th August 2006 09:49 PM
glencar I was atlking about this with someone the other night. The Stones are indeed captives to their long history. A Scot on teh train next to me on the way home from Twick #2 the other night was telling his friend howe sad he was that he had to leave early to catch the train & consequently that was when they started playing "all the good songs"! Cripes! The good songs were early on in teh show for longtime fans but most people there are indeed looking forward to BS & Satisfaction. That's why SOL impressed me live. The crowd got into it & that hasn't happened with a new song since whenever...
26th August 2006 03:47 AM
Jeep The Herald, Saturday august 26th edition :

26th August 2006 09:17 AM
Gazza Just back. What a great (although brief) trip.

Not to be outdone by my mates Paulywaul and Beast over on IORR who had been waving 3-foot long inflatables at Twickenham, I dispatched a baffled mate into the city centre here on Thursday with the order to "go to the joke shop and ask if they have any palm trees". He duly obliged with a pair of five footers.

I doubt the check-in girl at the airport, when asking the tired old question "has anyone given you anything to pack" has too often heard the response "yes..I have a 5 foot palm tree in my luggage.."

Into Glasgow at lunchtime, after a flight which seemed to be about 50% full of Stones concert-goers and it starts pissing down just as we get to the Solid Rock Cafe just beside Central Station, where the crowd quickly fills up with the Stones cranking over the PA to ear-splitting volume. Our contact from Twickers arrived and told us we had VIP passes, so six of us duly left at around six o'clock, tree in tow, to cram into a car in order to find Hampden Park. The tree, whilst not fully inflated, gets a lot of intention, and you can imagine the reaction when walking down a city centre street to hear a husky Chicagoan voice (Izabelle - aka akissaway) shout "Hey Gazza - you seem to have an erectile dysfunction!"

We make it into the VIP area to chill out for an hour or so (Meg - the spread at Twickenham was the best of the lot, according to Izabelle), and then we make our way down to our seats - my mate John and myself have 4th row in A3 tonight.

The rain had stopped by that point and the Stones hit the stage running at about 8.20. The sound is superb, and theyre on top form. Mick's voice is fine and he's back firing on all cylinders. IORR and ONNYA rock like bastards, and Sway is another knockout performance with Ronnie nailing the solo again just like he did at Twickenham. Great version of Ruby Tuesday as well. Keith flubs the start of Before They Make Me Run, but recovers just fine.

We split from our seats and leave the tree with some unsuspecting guy beside us who's asked to "look after it" until we get back - and we scamper back to the front of the b-stage, just in time to see the band arrive about eight feet in front of us. Incredible to see them that close, although it has to be said that once they start playing Rough Justice the sound is so atrocious that by the end of the song my mate asked me in all seriousness "what the fuck was that?". Towards the end of Start Me Up, Keith seems to have a problem with his amp, takes his guitar off, puts it down, gives the crew "the look" and just dances around aimlessly for about the last minute of the song!

We get back to our original seats (well, standing position) for Sympathy - and the final run through the warhorses are all performed pretty good, especially Sympathy and Brown Sugar. Some silly bitch standing behind me who was annoying me a bit makes (what she claimed later was a joke and she wouldnt have carried it out) attempt to put her cigarette end in the tree and I knock the bloody thing out of our hand and about five seats away. She didnt take it too well, but apologised with a hug when she realised that I had no idea whether she was kidding or not..LOL

Show ends with the usual explosions and fireworks at about 10.20 or so and they're off. The fuckin' tree still gets a lot of attention on the way out - with various total strangers coming up for photos etc! After driving around for about half an hour, we finally make it back to our hotel for a few late night drinks before we have to hit the sack as we had to leave at breakfast time to get our flight home.

A REALLY excellent performance and a nice finale to my own tour for 2006 with a trilogy of fine shows this week.

Read two reviews this morning, which indicated the crowd at "40,000" and "50,000". hard to tell from the fourth row, but I was pleasantly surprised by the turn out as I really thought this show was going to be a poor seller. The stadium looked well filled to me.

And Glasgow is STILL the greatest concert audience in the UK, by some distance. Now if we can just persuade them to play a couple of miles across town in the Barrowland Ballroom next summer, we'll have the greatest band in front of the greatest audience and in the greatest venue of the lot.

[Edited by Gazza]
26th August 2006 09:49 AM
Gazza

(thanks to GuessWho on IORR for uploading it)
[Edited by Gazza]
26th August 2006 09:54 AM
lotsajizz Great reviews Gazza!

26th August 2006 11:29 AM
charlotte Thanks Gazza!!! good tour mate!!!
26th August 2006 11:33 AM
GotToRollMe Thanks Meg and Gazza for bringing the show to us. Gazza, sounds like you got a bit of the old "tingle" this week!

26th August 2006 11:35 AM
PartyDoll MEG Glad you enjoyed yourself, Gary and had a good show as well!! But where is the photo of you and the Palm Tree?? I suggest you make one appear!!
26th August 2006 11:36 AM
Gazza There were a few taken by others. I'm sure one or two will show up in the coming days.
26th August 2006 11:41 AM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Thanks Meg and Gazza for bringing the show to us. Gazza, sounds like you got a bit of the old "tingle" this week!

yeah, I think we certainly got an upturn in form and passionate performances this week. I thought Berlin and Nice were good enough shows and both trips were of course excellent, but there was a little 'sparkle' missing from the performances that meant it didnt 'grab' me the way it usually does.

This week, though, they really were close to the top of their game and it was great to see.

Whether thats linked to having tickets in the front 5 rows at all 3 shows I saw this week, though, I'm not sure - but it certainly didnt do any harm!
26th August 2006 03:52 PM
UGot2Rollme Thanks Gazza!

It's only fuckin great rock and roll, but I like it like it like it Yes I DO!

Keep on Rollin!

UGot2Rollme
26th August 2006 06:26 PM
Gazza Some pics from Glasgow, courtesy of Beast :

26th August 2006 06:38 PM
Flairville Just got back from the 3 UK gigs. Absolutely fantastic, with the best being the 2nd Twickenham show. The performance last night in Glasgow was great but the sound had a bad echo and the security was a joke. I was full of extremely drunk and drugged up yobs who didn't even know the songs, I'm baffled how they got tickets in the 'A' blocks. Highlights all 3 nights were Ronnie's playing, the variation in the set lists and meeting all the people from the boards, being in stones ecstacy!
I saw Pierre who hands the band their guitars on stage in the lift on Friday morning I tried to speak to him but only got one word answers. I'll do a review of Sheffield tomorrow night as I'll be at home and have access to a PC for a change! To Gazza and everyone else I met in the last brilliant week, I'll see you next year!!
26th August 2006 06:41 PM
Gazza some from the pre-show party at the Solid Rock Cafe - again thanks to Beast

Beast, Paulywaul and "friends" en route to Glasgow

Gazza, Beast and her friend Julia

Myself and "friend" in "semi erect" mode, torturing Paul from Belfast and Stevie :

Mr Jimmy, SonicDreamer and Paulywaul

My mate JR and Jaymze :

26th August 2006 06:47 PM
PartyDoll MEG About time the Palm Tree showed up!!!
Looks like a good time was had by all....

Thanks to Beast for sharing
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)