ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Forum Outdoor, Horsens 3rd September
© Jyllands Posten with special thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hampden Park, Glasgow, 25 th August- Setlists, Photos, and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
26th August 2006 11:37 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
8. Live With Me

Text from Gary: "Great show so far!!"

My feet will leave the ground if they play this at AC. Nice to see the boys are mixing it up a little. Stray Cat Blues and/or Monkey Man would be nice too. Real nice.
27th August 2006 07:30 AM
corgi37 Great review Gazza. I have to say your palm tree is the best. I hope our Yank mates fill the arenas/stadiums with the things!

But fuck me, Keith's hat! Thats atrocious.
27th August 2006 07:49 AM
jaymze Another friday, another Stones gig.... yeah right!! Wish every friday could be this good!!

Met my mate Gearoid (thats Ireland calling from this board) off the train and the anticipation for the gig was rising already. it was my second gig of the week and his third and we couldnt wait. As we walked around the city we say loadsa T-shirts and people obviously heading to Hampden later in the day. Headed into the Solid Rock at about 3.30 and met loadsa people from the board -check Gazza's photos to see who was there! Had a good time chatting about The Stones, the gigs and music in general. Its always good to meet people who are passionate about good music! After a few photos and shennannigans with palm trees we headed along to Hampden on a very quick but packed train. I was sitting (though we were'nt sitting for long!) with Irelandcalling in Block A, about 15 seats back so we had a good view. Hampden had the stage running down the side of the stadium so there was a wider view and in general the crowd was closer than in other stadiums. Thank God the rain kept off during the actual show as it had been raining for much of the afternoon, though i know Keith claimed to have something to do with it. The Charlatans were on first, i cant say i'm a fan as i was waiting for the main event but they got a good reaction and seemed to make a good noise.

Finally at about 8.20 The Stones came rollicking out with JJF. Again a great starter and the band were full of energy. Mick working the stage like the old pro he is and getting the crowd into it straight away. The set list was good, balanced with diff eras (though i wouldnt have minded something from the 1990's, plus a change in Keiths set would have been cool too but they are minor gripes). I had been hoping for a live airing of "sway" in my presence ever since i read they had performed it on this tour so i was estatic when they played it. i was glad to see that they pulled it off very well too, esp Ronnie on the solo. We were all standing on the ground for the first part of the gig but once they went down to the small stage we all got up on the seats and we stayed there for the rest of the gig. There was a lady in her 50's next to us who was well up for dancing on the seats (once we helped her up) and she was into the jagger-pointing and shoulder movements. It just added to the atmosphere. The version of Sympathy had the crowd well into the "woo hoo" chorus, its great to see 40-50,000 people chanting along with Mick. Imagine what he must be thinking when he sees his disciples giving him back all that energy. The crowd was very varied, all age groups and everyone seemed to be singing along, there were people literally dancing in the aisles for most of the show. For the last few songs it was the warhorses to lead everything home. The fireworks at the end seemed to be bigger and more colourful (a bigger bang for sure!!) than in Twickers and the crowd really didnt want the band to leave. Loadsa people were calling for more, well after the roadies were out on stage dismantling the equipment. There were hugs from strangers and plenty of "woo hoo" chants as we left the stadium. We adjourned to a pub for a quick pint while the crowd dissapated and the trains calmed down. Again the chat in the pub was about the gig and whether it will be the last time we'll see 'em up in Scotland. I reckon there will be another show or 2 next summer, though i hope its in the SECC like the Licks tour in '03. One thing for sure, as Gazza said in an earlier post, the Glasgow crowd are great for getting into a gig and making the band feel at home. I often go to gigs in Edinburgh but i always have to say that the crowds in Glasgow are way better, much louder, and into singing along from the get-go. Sad that it was my last gig for now but can't wait to see them again next year!
27th August 2006 07:52 AM
charlotte

Gazza has that James Dean look!!!

ladies...stay away, he is dangerous!!!! ok...I warned you

[Edited by charlotte]
27th August 2006 09:25 AM
Gazza
quote:
charlotte wrote:
Gazza has that James Dean look!!!

yeah , sure - the James Dean "after the crash" look !

here's another from the pre-show party in Glasgow thanks to Mr Jimmy from IORR

Flairville, me, Rockman, Mr Jimmy

Maxlugar : "Hey you got a rare picture of Gazza with a beer! That's like as rare as Big Foot or something!"

Mr jimmy has also uploaded some more concert pic here :
http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,510175,page=2
[Edited by Gazza]
27th August 2006 09:38 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Maxlugar : "Hey you got a rare picture of Gazza with a beer! That's like as rare as Big Foot or something!"

[Edited by Gazza]

Priceless!!
27th August 2006 09:45 AM
charlotte Gazza "veni, vidi, vici"
27th August 2006 09:59 AM
Gazza

Thanks to Juan from Barcelona for this one. This woman stopped me on the way out and demanded a photo
27th August 2006 10:03 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Thanks to Juan from Barcelona for this one. This woman stopped me on the way out and demanded a photo

Such an accomodating and polite man you are!!!
Great photo by the way-I'm sure more will turn up!!!
27th August 2006 10:54 AM
charlotte what did I tell yeah...James Dean II
27th August 2006 11:16 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

But fuck me, Keith's hat! Thats atrocious.

Okay, I wasn't gonna say anything but now that you've brought it up, Corgi, I can contain myself no longer.
Please, Keith, burn the hat. Thank you.

27th August 2006 07:54 PM
Altamont
27th August 2006 08:00 PM
Gazza wow..very well filmed..nice to see..even allowing for the out of tune singing from the guy in the audience!
27th August 2006 08:01 PM
Altamont
27th August 2006 08:55 PM
Scot Rocks Just to say im still buzzing after that gig!!
27th August 2006 10:26 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Altamont wrote:

Was that your beautiful singing?? Great Clip!!
27th August 2006 11:06 PM
Altamont
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Was that your beautiful singing?? Great Clip!!

No! LOL!
I wasn't at the show.
I just searched "Rolling Stones" on youtube but I searched by "date added" so that the newest ones would come up first. That one came up because it was uploaded on there just recently so I thought I would post it in this thread.
28th August 2006 03:43 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Okay, I wasn't gonna say anything but now that you've brought it up, Corgi, I can contain myself no longer.
Please, Keith, burn the hat. Thank you.

nah, the hats hilarious!
29th August 2006 12:19 PM
Gazza

Relax, girls - it's not always this shape...!
29th August 2006 06:53 PM
PartyDoll MEG Your Palm Tree looks slightly warn out, Gazza!!
29th August 2006 06:57 PM
Gazza It was about to be fully "inflated".

Thankfully not by the guy with the lips
30th August 2006 02:12 PM
glencar That tree is bigger than I thought!
30th August 2006 02:14 PM
Gazza Yes, but you forget that I'm only 2'6.
30th August 2006 02:21 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
Just to say im still buzzing after that gig!!

I bet you are! it was amazing on the radio!
30th August 2006 02:54 PM
glencar
quote:
Altamont wrote:

I think this might be from last Tuesday's Twickenham show. Mick seemed to sing it faster than normal...
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)