ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan=Phenomenal Return to archive Page: 1 2
08-29-02 03:27 PM
jb You're right...I apologize for offending Dylan fans...I hope that if you go to a Rolling Stone concert you are open minded and you will probably have a good time.
08-29-02 03:32 PM
Moonisup If I could join the discussion, I must say that some people are easily offened by criticism,
08-29-02 03:40 PM
sonicrock and not to forget that bob played with mick taylor ron wood and keith richards on stage.
and with all the stones in 95 and 98 apple and oranges
08-29-02 03:44 PM
Moonisup Yeah at Montpellier 1995 Dylan looked a bit shy!! I haven't got the boot
08-29-02 04:09 PM
F505 What do you all think jb likes besides the Stones and the Bay City Rollers?
08-29-02 04:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot Good call T&A. I've seen Bob more than I've seen the Stones. Bob just shows up more often in my part of the world than the Stones do.

A Stones show, and a Bob show, are just completely different. Yet, when I leave a Bob show, I'm just as physically, and emotionally spent as when I leave a Stones show...and every bit as satisfied. Bob does a more laid back, relaxed show. Yet, you are still on the edge of your seat, hanging on every word that spills from his head. And the Stones...well, it's just a rock n roll spectacle isn't it. Big sound, big show, stuff going on all over the place.

How they are alike...they are comtemporary peers who are still kicking serious ass....after all these years. Each have influenced the other...Dylan with his lyrics, The Stones with their electric guitars...Both are fans of the other. It's like a symbiotic relationship that they have....and I think that's why so many Bob fans love the Stones, and why so many Stones fans love Bob. We see a little of each in the other....
08-29-02 04:53 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy JB, last time I checked, you weren't the moderator of this board, no matter how much you may want to be. So why don't you take your dung elsewhere? And don't go crying and roaring "Oh, look! Personal attacks! I'm so opressed! *sob*" because you ignore the Stonesean variant of the Golden Rule - don't dish out what you can't take. Posting "post your Dylan dung elsewhere" is a personal attack - if you don't want people to respond in kind, don't be so vitriolic! I'm not going to go any further out against you - God knows I can - because you'll just cry about it and make it seem as though your the persecuted when you are, in fact, our resident intolerant persecutor. I don't particularly care for Led Zepplin - I like some of their stuff, but I wouldn't call myself an avid fan. Do I run over to the Zepplin thread we've got going about the reunion and tell them to take it elsewhere?

You just need to cool off, man. Please? I'm sick and tired of reading the intolerance. You are more than entitled to your opinion - but it's like yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theatre when you post it like that, begging for a fight. And that just drags us off topic. If you want to pick a fight, go to debate clubs or seedy bars or something. Don't do it here.

You're a lawyer, so I hope you went to lawschool and read about that Wendell Holmes concept... Scopes trial, wasn't it? Clear and present danger? Or am I mixing up my cases?

-tSYX --- I'd much rather be with the boys who would much rather be with the boys than with girls like you-ouuuu!
08-29-02 06:06 PM
F505 Well spoken Xyzzy. And if you want to consult a lawyer you better call J. Cheever Loophole ('I never forget a face but in jb's case I make an exception').

Bob, rock on!!!
08-29-02 06:18 PM
T&A Very-well, stated, Stonesalot.

There's just something about "brilliance" that takes your breath away. Bob and the Boys are both "brilliant" in their own unique ways.
08-29-02 06:48 PM
Gazza >I usual reply when something is posted that either I am interested in or offends me. The comment that Dylan's concert were as great as the Stones was offensive to me...I trust that while others might love Dylan, few would compare his concerts to the spectacular of a rolling Stones show.

I'm every bit as much a Dylan fan as I am a Stones fan (probably more in fact) and personally speaking I often get as much enjoyment out of a Dylan show - in a different way and similar to what others have posted above - than a Stones gig. So sue me,or even better - since youve become the self appointed musical taste guardian of this message board - maybe you should tell me to stop posting my "Dylan dung" here as well and take over the admin work yourself.

If youre offended by someone daring to have an opinion and saying they enjoy a show by someone else as much as a Stones show,then you should maybe go elsewhere and cry about it.

The only whiff of dung around here is in the amount of obnoxious and spiteful shit in some of your posts
08-29-02 07:00 PM
F505 Very well spoken Gazza. The problem is that people like jb confirm the prejudice many Europeans have when considering Americans: arrogant, narrow-minded and superficial. But fortunately I know better. Thanks to other Americans on this board.
08-29-02 09:51 PM
Prodigal Son Well jb, I see you are very anti-anything Stones. But really, do you like anything that has no connection to the Stones? I haven't been to a Stones concert before so I based my opinion on live recordings of theirs I've heard and the players in Bob's band are certainly more ace than the Stones, yet don't have the onstage chemistry our boys do. But Bob does not need to dance or flail around like Mick because he can move an audience only with his words and music. Too bad, so sad, if I offended you by saying it, but I do think there are some days when the Stones don't play like the greatest rock n' roll band ever, but most of the time they do. Dylan was amazing though. If the Stones were this good in their late careers we'd still be hearing them make masterpieces. Yet in the late 60s, early 70s, the Stones were THE live experience in rock history. But Bob is living remnants of history as the Stones are. If you were there, you'd be floored to. Even Keith would tell you Bob is still amazing and really gives the Stones a run for the spot of best touring band in the world today. What Bob can escape is the media's wrath for being old and pitiful. The Stones get it, the Who does too. So lay off. And like Keith would also tell you, It's only rock n' roll.
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
08-29-02 09:55 PM
Prodigal Son Well jb, I see you are very anti-anything Stones. But really, do you like anything that has no connection to the Stones? I haven't been to a Stones concert before so I based my opinion on live recordings of theirs I've heard and the players in Bob's band are certainly more ace than the Stones, yet don't have the onstage chemistry our boys do. But Bob does not need to dance or flail around like Mick because he can move an audience only with his words and music. If I offended you by saying it, but I do think there are some days when the Stones don't play like the greatest rock n' roll band ever, but most of the time they do. Dylan was amazing though. If the Stones were this good in their late careers we'd still be hearing them make masterpieces. Yet in the late 60s, early 70s, the Stones were THE live experience in rock history. But Bob is living remnants of history as the Stones are. If you were there, you'd be floored to. Even Keith would tell you Bob is still amazing and really gives the Stones a run for the spot of best touring band in the world today. So lay off. And like Keith would also tell you, It's only rock n' roll.
08-30-02 12:11 AM
Martha GAZZA wrote:I'm every bit as much a Dylan fan as I am a Stones fan (probably more in fact) and personally speaking I often get as much enjoyment out of a Dylan show - in a different way and similar to what others have posted above - than a Stones gig. So sue me,or even better - since youve become the self appointed musical taste guardian of this message board - maybe you should tell me to stop posting my "Dylan dung" here as well and take over the admin work yourself.

If youre offended by someone daring to have an opinion and saying they enjoy a show by someone else as much as a Stones show,then you should maybe go elsewhere and cry about it.

The only whiff of dung around here is in the amount of obnoxious and spiteful shit in some of your posts

-----------------------------
"We piss anywhere,man.."
----------------------------------------------------------------
Ahhhhhh....finally, a voice frmo the darkness speaking with reason and sanity. I was waiting for that throughout this VERY long (unnecessarily so, IMO) thread.

Glad to see you on the board Gazza.

M
08-30-02 12:21 AM
BILL PERKS Dylan is great...Highway 61 i just got into last year,and i played it 6 months straight.It Takes A Lot To laugh is one of my all time favorite songs,and if anyone has the boot of the Stones version I'd love a copy.I've never seen a show and I only know 1/3 of his catalogue,After this Stones year I'm heading back to Dylan for more.
08-30-02 02:55 AM
Prodigal Son As for me, it's the prime 60s stuff I've got: his debut, Freewheelin', The Times, Another Side of, Bringing it all Back Home, Highway 61, Blonde on Blonde, Basement Tapes, John W. Harding, Nashville Skyline (a bit tacky), but no Self-Portrait (horrible Dylan album same goes for Dylan, the outtake abomination from Columbia while Bob was on Asylum from 1973 to 1974), Greatest Hits Vol. II, Before the Flood (double live w/the Band), Blood on the Tracks, Desire, Infidels, Time out of Mind and Love and Theft. But I want Slow Train Coming, Oh Mercy, New Morning, Planet Waves and Oh Mercy. Then there's the bootlegs.
08-30-02 06:44 AM
stonedinaustralia prodigal son - at the risk of incurring the wrath of jb - i reply and say don't leave Hard Rain off your list - underrated for a long time - it's a must have - and try to track down the tv special of the same name if you can - there's some difference in the material

as far as boots go there are, of course, many.. a hot item is a completely different recording of "blood on the tracks" - gazza and those more knowledgable in these things may be able to confirm/deny or otherwise provide further details but as far as i know BOTT had been recorded and mixed and was ready to go when bob (and this is the genius bit) decides he doesn't like it gets a whole new band together and rehearses and records the whole thing again in two days

Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road