ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Millennium Stadium, Cardiff 29th August
© Paulywaul, thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Prayers for LadyJane Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
21st August 2006 03:36 PM
SweetVirginia We love you, LJ.

21st August 2006 04:08 PM
Back Street Girl My condolences to you Lady Jane and your family.
21st August 2006 04:45 PM
Trey Krimsin LJ, it's times like these where we must think back to the good times to put a smile on our faces. Those that have left us have not departed our memories, our hearts, and our souls. They will be missed, but not forgotten.

My condolences and love go out to you, LJ.
21st August 2006 04:46 PM
MrPleasant Best wishes
21st August 2006 05:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I'm sad and sorry to hear this LJ.
I'm glad you have friends here on the boards and there at home to help you get through.
21st August 2006 05:09 PM
Madafaka Sorry to read that, LJ. My thoughts are with you.
21st August 2006 05:55 PM
jostorm Life is eternal and love is immortal and death is only a horizon, and a horizon is nothing but the limit of our sight........

I wish you love and light at this difficult time.

Johanna
21st August 2006 06:36 PM
not bound to please already posted at Maxy's and sent you a card - but this may help, if you want

http://www.unityonline.org/pray_main.htm

Hang in there.

21st August 2006 07:18 PM
ShesARainbow Bless you, Lady Jane. I just lost my father one month ago yesterday (he was a huge Stones fan as well - we even brought him to the Giants Stadium show last fall. His first Stones show since 1965). It was very sudden and unexpected.

So I know too well the pain of losing a parent.

You said you are doing okay, and I am glad to read that. I know no one really knows me here since I rarely post, but I do check in and read the boards every day. LJ you are one of my favorite posters. I think you are from upstate NY - I am as well.

Bless you and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Kelly
[Edited by ShesARainbow]
21st August 2006 08:04 PM
doo doo doo Dude Deepest condolences Lady Jane. You such are a wonderful person.

God bless.
21st August 2006 08:08 PM
charlotte My deepest condolences - My thoughts are with you.
21st August 2006 08:09 PM
mac_daddy i said it over @ the couch, but i will say it again here...

hang in there, lj - know that there are many around who care for you; lean on us for all the support and comfort you need...

you are in our thoughts and prayers...

21st August 2006 08:32 PM
LadyJane Thank you everyone.

Your posts, phone calls, emails and PM's are so comforting.

First night of my life that Mom and Dad are gone.

Strange feeling.....howe can one feel like an orphan in their mid 40's?

I may not have Brothers or Sisters in the traditional sense, but I know I have my Stonesian Brothers and Sisters to lean on.

Bless you.

xx00
LJ.

21st August 2006 08:32 PM
Gimme Shelter LadyJane, My prayers are with you and your family.
21st August 2006 08:33 PM
mac_daddy if you feel the need to call a couchie chat session, just say the word - i will be on the lookout, and i am sure the others will be, as well...
21st August 2006 08:40 PM
Brainbell Jangler My deepest condolences for your loss. I understand that your father had dementia. My dad is also afflicted with Alzheimer's, so I know about the "long goodbye." From your description, he passed peacefully and is reunited with your beloved mother. Cheer him on his way.

"Peace, peace! he is not dead, he doth not sleep--he hath awakened from the dream of life--'Tis we, who lost in stormy visions, keep with phantoms an unprofitable strife."--Percy Bysshe Shelley
21st August 2006 09:28 PM
mrhipfl LJ, Here is a poem that always cheers me up when I think about my mother's death. I hope it can do the same for you.

Do Not Stand At My Grave and Weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there.I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.

once again, all the best. You seem like a very strong person.
21st August 2006 09:54 PM
Riffhard My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family P. So sorry to hear this news. You have really had a tough run as of late,but right you are when say that your father is in a better place. Of course he is! No doubt in the loving embrace of your mother. I left you a message on your cell. If you feel the need you know my number.

Riffy-Steve
21st August 2006 10:02 PM
Steel Wheels Much love to my friend Lady Jane. I'm an email away, darlin'.

21st August 2006 11:29 PM
mickmask They're together now..and will always be a part of you.
Be strong.

mm.
21st August 2006 11:46 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Paula, my most sincere condolences for this sad news, sometimes life is a bitch. I lost my parents more than 20 years ago (1983 and 1986) and the more you grow up the more you love them and appreciate what they did for you.

I'm sure you're strong enough to surpass this.

Love ya!
21st August 2006 11:58 PM
Zack Paula, your strength is inspiring. My condolences.

Zack
22nd August 2006 02:53 AM
FotiniD Hang in there LJ! We're all thinking of you sister. Sent you an e-mail.
22nd August 2006 04:10 AM
stewed & Keefed My deepest condolences.
22nd August 2006 06:44 AM
Zeeta Deepest sympathy LJ. Take care of yourself and don't be afraid to hit the hard stuff in times like these...
22nd August 2006 09:18 AM
Irina So sad news...
My deepest condolences to You, Lady Jane
My thoughts are with You
23rd August 2006 11:36 AM
Martha Paula,

I am so very sorry for your loss. Thank you so much for calling to let me know this has happened. I would not have caught it otherwise.

I just couldn't call back last night...the news stirred up feelings about my own Father's recent passing....and it also quickly got too late to call. I KNEW though (had a feeling) when I saw you'd phoned that your Father had maybe passed.

I know you are relieved that he no longer suffers. He is at peace. I hope that is bringing you much comfort in spite of the profoundness of the loss.

My sponsor told me she felt like an orphan when her Mother passed (her Father went first) and she was in her Fifties. I think this is a normal thing to feel....and I wish I could put my arms around you right now hug you cry and laugh with you to show you that I care and I love you dearly sister.

You are strong and wise.....and QUEEN of this board. Please lean on all of us.

You are VERY cherished my dear.

With deep sympathy and love,
Martha and Chris
23rd August 2006 02:27 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Thank you everyone.

Your posts, phone calls, emails and PM's are so comforting.

First night of my life that Mom and Dad are gone.

Strange feeling.....howe can one feel like an orphan in their mid 40's?

I may not have Brothers or Sisters in the traditional sense, but I know I have my Stonesian Brothers and Sisters to lean on.

Bless you.

xx00
LJ.

We are here to help you. Take care.
24th August 2006 08:15 AM
LadyJane Okay....I need to lean.

I'm not ready to do this again.

I'm not ready to stand for 4 hours and greet people. I just want to hide in a corner and cry.

Martha...you say the kindest things. All of you think I'm so strong...today will be a huge test.

I've got 8 hours to prepare for this strange ritual known as a Wake.

All I know is...when it's my time....just blast the Stones, pass the spliffs and set up a bar....top shelf, naturally.

Send me good wishes, gang. I know you can and I know I'll feel your strength.

thanks.

xx00
LJ.
24th August 2006 08:47 AM
glencar Oh Paula, this is such sad news. My deepest condolences. I thought this was another goofy Joshy thing & now I see howe much I wish it was. Today will be rough but you are pretty strong & you'll get through it. One step at a time. Again, my deepest condolences, dear.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)