ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Shepherds Bush Empire, London - December 11, 2001
By Richard Young

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: October Issue Of Guitar World Return to archive Page: 1 2
08-26-02 06:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I've probably forgotten more about Keith than you'll ever know and I still know ten times more than you do<

Yeah sure.

My my, aren't you just smartest guy EVER! AND you know how Keef should and shouldn't act, and what he should or shouldn't say! Wow, I'm so impressed. He better hire you to be his personal advisor.

Oh please, PLEASE, dazzel us all with your brilliance! Please reveal all stuff that we don't know about Keef...that would be so helpful. Thanks in advance for sharing your vast wealth of knowledge with us poor, unknowing fuckwits.

You are so cool man. I hope that I can be cool like you someday.
08-27-02 03:51 PM
CS Finally the cover is already on the Guitar World website for those who don't have it yet

John Entwistle
A tribute to the late Who bassist.

Stone Sour
Slipknot singer Corey Taylor and guitarist James Root go unmasked with their melodic new project, Stone Sour. PLUS Slipknot drummer Joey Jordison temporarily breaks his ties with the Knot and forges ahead with horror-rockers Murderdolls; Also, a preview of the upcoming Slipknot DVD.

Keith Richards
In an exclusive and unprecedented Guitar World interview, the great Rolling Stones guitarist looks back at 40 years of revolutionary music making and lets it loose.

The Telecaster
The history of the Telecaster, the first mass-produced solidbody electric guitar.

Jam Band Blowout
Guitar World gets baked at the three-day Bonnaroo Music Festival in Tennessee and hangs with four of jam rock�s hottest acts�Phil Lesh & Friends, String Cheese Incident, moe. and Disco Biscuits. PLUS Phil Lesh gets a little help from his Friends; Also, 10 essential jam-band albums.

profiles

Meshuggah
With Nothing, Swedish extreme metal band Meshuggah crank up their subsonic, custom-made eight-string guitars and head straight for doomsday.

Sparta
In the spring of 2001, alt-rock supergroup At the Drive-In crashed and burned�and from its ashes rises Sparta.

departments

Tune Ups
Mudvayne, Deadsy, New Found Glory, Seether, the Makers, Derek Trucks, Led Zeppelin apparel, Rob Zombie guitarist Riggs, P.O.D.�s Marcos Curiel, Peter Frampton�s new Gibson Les Paul and more!

On the Record
Aerosmith�Permanent Vacation
Plus Record Reviews: Joe Bonamassa, Derek Trucks, Grand Funk Railroad, Al Di Meola, Steve Tibbetts, Bernard Allison and Mudhoney

60 Minutes
Yes� Steve Howe makes his ultimate mix tape.

Awesome Posters
Keith Richards and the White Stripes!

Soundcheck
Traynor Custom Valve 40, Reverend Hellhound 40/60 and Electar Century 30DR combos, Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 head and 4-12 cabinet and Gretsch Synchromatic Double Jet electric guitar

Nuts & Bolts
What is an archtop guitar?

Playing the Market
The inside scoop on vintage gear

The Buzz Bin
Cornford Amplification MK50H

Cheap Thrills
Dimarzio Bluesbucker and Gibson P-94 and Burstbucker pickups

Audiofile
Presonus BlueTUBE and DigiTUBE pre-amps

Alive & Gigging
AKG WMS 40 microtools series

Tech Education
Everything you want to know about gear ratios

New EQ
What�s new and cool in the world of gear

Collector's Choice

Muddy Waters� 1957 �Hoss� Telecaster

columns

Walk This Way by Aerosmith

Brewtality by Zakk Wylde

Engines of Creation by Joe Satriani

True Grit by Dickey Betts

Shok Treatment by Mike Mushok

South of Heaven by Kerry King

Jam Session by Warren Haynes

Performance and Analysis by Matt Scharfglass

transcriptions Bass Lines included:

�Honky Tonk Women� by the Rolling Stones

�Brown Sugar� by the Rolling Stones

�My Friends Over You� by New Found Glory

�Get Free� by the Vines

�Downfall� by Trust Company
08-27-02 08:46 PM
Maxlugar I bought it today and it is indeed great.

But he says Satisfaction with the guitar intro was just a demo and that part was meant for horns. Then the song got released without his knowledge and before he knew it, it was a hit. That sounds like BS to me. I've heard the story of this song told a million times and never once have I heard that one. Maxy still learning.

By the way, elsewhere in the magazine is a close up of Jeff Beck's Yardbirds era Fender Esquire. Folks, I almost tossed a fresh batch of Baby Batter all over its well worn countenance. So many stories in each groove!

Beautiful!

Hug me!

Fuck Yup!

Mmmmmmmaxy!
08-27-02 11:20 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>I've probably forgotten more about Keith than you'll ever know and I still know ten times more than you do<

Yeah sure.

My my, aren't you just smartest guy EVER! AND you know how Keef should and shouldn't act, and what he should or shouldn't say! Wow, I'm so impressed. He better hire you to be his personal advisor.

Oh please, PLEASE, dazzel us all with your brilliance! Please reveal all stuff that we don't know about Keef...that would be so helpful. Thanks in advance for sharing your vast wealth of knowledge with us poor, unknowing fuckwits.

You are so cool man. I hope that I can be cool like you someday.

....SS, stop saying fuckwit! It's very rude,and it doesn't sound right with an American accent.
08-28-02 08:11 AM
Maxlugar Well, "Fuck Yup!" sounds good in any accent.

I wrote it back in mid August '02 during my melancholy period in a NY accent but I think it goes over well in all countries.

It knows no borders...

It has no class distinction...

It has no drug addiction...

And no one hesitates or beats around the bush in Australia...

So Nanky, come on over to NY and lets show Laurie Dhue the finer points of what you call the Mongolian cluster fuck.

Fuck yup!

Your pal,

Maxy!

08-28-02 08:20 AM
nankerphelge Ah yes, the Mongolian cluster-fuck! Laurie richly deserves it!

On a related note, I listened to Beggars last nite and I was looking at the artwork -- you know, the "banquet" -- and damn if there isn't a beautiful lil' sheep in the doorway behind Bill. A true Goddess in the Doorway. Oh she's a cute lil' girl -- nice dark snout and big eyes. I wanted to tell I her "I love ewe" -- but alas, it was only a picture. Good thing too -- those sheep -- cloven hooved beasts -- you gotta watch 'em!

08-28-02 08:41 AM
Maxlugar Funny you mention that Nanky.

My sheep gave me a "Hoof Job" last night.

I've seen that lovely little minx on the Beggars cover and I've often thought she was one of the most beautiful sheep I've ever seen.

Notice how she is playing a little hard to get with the boys. Kind of interested yet not interested in what's going on at the table.

Cock tease!

She knows with one bat of her eyelashes, she could have Bill Wyman.

Well, she did and she did.

Such a soft and loyal lover with those bedroom eyes.

And yes, quite demure.

WHY DO YOU BRING HER UP WHILE I'M AT WORK!!!

Maxy!
08-28-02 08:56 AM
nankerphelge Yes, she is playing hard to get huh!? She's not actually in the room -- she's an interested observer at best. See there - just like a sheep! That wooly girl needs some discipline!
08-28-02 12:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot I was driving by a pasture yesterday...and the pasture was full of sheep. As I rolled on by, I noticed one of the sheep staring intently at me. I slowed, and made eye contact...and to my surprise, the sheep said, "Daaaa-aaad".

Little did I know, all those many months ago, that those drunken escapades would lead to this....oh the shame!

I shall never wear wool again....
08-28-02 12:54 PM
Maxlugar "I slowed, and made eye contact...and to my surprise, the sheep said, "Daaaa-aaad". "

Simply magnificant.

You are admired by Maxy.

Even though you are a apparently a dead beat dad.

Ma-ma, MA! Ma-ma mmmmmmmmmmm MA! Ma-ma-ma MMMMMmmmmmmMa-ma, MA! Ma-ma mmmmmmmmmmm MA! Ma-ma-ma MMMMMmmmmmmMA! Ma-ma mmmmmmmmmmm MA! Ma-ma-ma MMMMMmmmmmmMMMMMmmmmmmMA! Ma-ma mmmmmmmmmmm MA! Ma-ma-ma MMMMMmmmmmmMa-ma mmmmmmmmmmm MA! Ma-ma-ma MMMMMmmmmmmaxy!!!!
08-28-02 01:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm no dead beat dad! I send a stipend to the farmer every month...you know, to take care of incidentals. Make sure the young'un has plenty of clover, that he has nice clothes for school...and that he gets proper health care.

But, the farmer would not take my check for Sept. He said there was no need any longer. Then he muttered something about the finest mutton pot pie ever...what do you suppose this means?
08-28-02 01:10 PM
padre [quote]Maxlugar wrote:
But he says Satisfaction with the guitar intro was just a demo and that part was meant for horns. Then the song got released without his knowledge and before he knew it, it was a hit. That sounds like BS to me. I've heard the story of this song told a million times and never once have I heard that one. Maxy still learning.

I think old Keefster has said a lot of BS about Satisfaction (among others) during the years. He's got the "tape recorder next to bed, fell asleep, half the tape of snoring"- tale, but he's also been telling that he got the riff while driving a car, had to pull over and memorize it. There maybe even more different stories how the song started.
I think it was Bill who said that Martha & Vandellas' Dancing In The Street had just been released and it was on heavy rotation with The Stones. Then they made Satisfaction under that song's influence.
Keef is clearly from The Tom Waits' Storytelling School. He's said that if you can come up with a good story, who needs truth? An amusing story is always more interesting. I'm not sure if I disagree. I'd rather read Keith's funny stories than "I sat with Mick for a few hours and we came up with Satisfaction. Then we wrote some more and got Get Off Of My Cloud..." -kinda rambling. After all, it's entertainment, folks! And Keith is on hell of a storyteller, never a dull moment with him, it seems.
08-28-02 02:32 PM
Saint Sway "Dog Shit In The Door Way" is one of the all-time greatest Keef cracks!

I love it! Keef's f'in hilarious!!
08-28-02 03:47 PM
scull Is Guitar World available in the UK, I've had a bit of a look around but haven't found one yet - anyone know where I can get Keef!
08-28-02 05:03 PM
Riffhard Hey Keith has been slagging Mick for years.It's his MO.There is nothing to it.He has stated more than once that Jagger has the skin of a rino.If it dosen't bother Mick why should it bother any of us?Keith does seem to enjoy throwing his verbal barbs during his interveiws with Guitar Player especially.

Remember his 1988 iterview in this same publication?If memory serves that was the interveiw where made the "slit his fucking throat" remark.He also had some great comments about other acts.

On George Michael-"He should get a shave and go the fuck home."

On Miami Sound Machine-"They are nothing more than a Holiday Inn band who made it."
------------------------------------------------------------
The fact is Keith is always the coolest cat in whatever room he happens to be in at the time.He has also said many nice thing about Mick."He is the best frontman ever.I mean the cat could play on a coffee table and bring the fucking house down.Nobody works it like Mick.Although everyone seems to try."
------------------------------------------------------------

That pretty much sums it up.Fuck yup!

Riffhard
[Edited by Riffhard]
08-28-02 06:03 PM
Soul Survivor Quote from GuitarWorld:

GW: Have you ever seen a ghost
Keith: Only my own
08-29-02 04:28 AM
beer I just got the Keef issue and it's great!!!!! Really good interview, Keith talks about Brian and Mick Taylor, and tells some cool details about certain classic songs. I think you can order this issue from http://www.guitarworld.com

-
08-29-02 10:07 AM
kc152 Keith compares Mick with Brian Jones. Saying in the 80's Mick wanted to " run the show" like Mick is some power hungry ass. I love Keith but if any one compares to Brian, it was Keith in the 70's with his drug problems. We all hear about how they had to tell Brian to take a hike, he was just too out there to be saved. Keith is lucky his drug problems were in the mid/late 70's & not the 60's ( after a little growing up and compassion )or maybe Mick would have told him to take a hike.
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road