ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Don Valley Stadium, Sheffield, 27th August 2006
© Moffitt with thanks to Moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Glasgow pre-show info tomorrow Return to archive Page: 1 2
24th August 2006 04:17 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Yep. I've noticed that too.

The lower the ticket prices, the lower the age of the audience. Stands to sense. Even though by our standards, some of those tickets were extortionate, its still a giveaway compared to what youre paying in places like New York.

When you see the Stones on the continent or South America where the prices are cheaper again, the audiences are younger again.
[Edited by Gazza]

Not only are you a cocksucker, you're also a doofus...
24th August 2006 04:17 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Exchange rate-wise, I paid much more for London tix. They were 150 lbs. compared to $160 in NY.

Most of the MSG ones were $450 - I held out for $160 and got lucky. If all I had been offered was $450, I simply wouldnt have gone. Refused to pay it on principle.

I would guess the average price in London was about £100, there were a high proportion of seats at £150 that werent very good. Thankfully, I got four each night in the front five rows for £60 per ticket (one of which required a presale fee). I wouldnt pay £150 this time, was only going to go for £90 at the most.
24th August 2006 04:18 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Not only are you a cocksucker, you're also a doofus...

you what?
[Edited by Gazza]
24th August 2006 04:19 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
glencar wrote:
Don't call me a dufus, you stupid cocksucker!

why, what you gonna do?

i'm only messing!

its a point i've been trying to make with friends; people in America on this board are moaning about ticket prices, but in terms of the average income/wealth of the people who attend the main US Stones gigs (MSG, LA, Chicago et al) then its more of a rip-off for us Brits. Hence why I can't understand Joshy's concern for the gig attendances.

One Love!
24th August 2006 04:20 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Most of the MSG ones were $450 - I held out for $160 and got lucky. If all I had been offered was $450, I simply wouldnt have gone. Refused to pay it on principle.

I would guess the average price in London was about £100, there were a high proportion of seats at £150 that werent very good. Thankfully, I got four each night in the front five rows for £60 per ticket (one of which required a presale fee). I wouldnt pay £150 this time, was only going to go for £90 at the most.

I paid 80 quid for the first night but they were 3 seats that weren't together & one was "free" although the face on that was 60 quid. The others were 90 quid face value. The ones I had for 150 were much better. Right behind the wheelchair section so I had great sightlines since no one stood in fornt of us! It's nice to see the Stones take care of the handicapped fans.
24th August 2006 04:21 PM
Gazza I wish theyd take care of my wallet. Its seriously handicapped

and who are you callin' a cocksucker?
24th August 2006 04:23 PM
glencar
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

why, what you gonna do?

i'm only messing!

its a point i've been trying to make with friends; people in America on this board are moaning about ticket prices, but in terms of the average income/wealth of the people who attend the main US Stones gigs (MSG, LA, Chicago et al) then its more of a rip-off for us Brits. Hence why I can't understand Joshy's concern for the gig attendances.

One Love!

I've tried to be peaceful with you even though I don't always understand your point. It helps if you don't call me a doofus & if you do do that, you should spell the word properly. Anyway, let's move on.

The Stones tix were more tahn I thought they'd be over there. I think you & I are actually in agreement. Please reread my posts & yours & compare with Gazza's. And try to be nicer. And spell correctly when insulting others' smarts.
24th August 2006 04:24 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I wish theyd take care of my wallet. Its seriously handicapped

and who are you callin' a cocksucker?

Well, Speedy but only because he/she called me a doofus even though we essentially agreed...
speedfreakjive glencar- i didn't really mean you are a dufus - you're very clever really. I am just saying I don't understand the Stones' selfishness on prices at this stage in their career, they're millionaires already for crissakes! And when do they ever give to charity?
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Well, Speedy but only because he/she called me a doofus even though we essentially agreed...

actually you called ME one...read up a few posts...LOL
[Edited by Gazza]
24th August 2006 04:25 PM
glencar
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
glencar- i didn't really mean you are a dufus - you're very clever really. I am just saying I don't understand the Stones' selfishness on prices at this stage in their career, they're millionaires already for crissakes! And when do they ever give to charity?

Sorry that I misunderstood. We'll move on. I believe they give a lot to charity from all I've read. Only Joshy & I give more.
24th August 2006 04:25 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

actually you called ME one...read up a few posts...LOL
[Edited by Gazza]

LOL I quoted the wrong post! Sorry! I hope I don't end up in the Jair Memorial House of Shame!
24th August 2006 04:26 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
glencar wrote:
Sorry that I misunderstood. We'll move on. I believe they give a lot to charity from all I've read. Only Joshy & I give more.

LOL!

no worries,

'Lets bury the hatchet, life is a party, lets get out and strut yeah!'
(Mixed Emotions) they should play this on the US leg! they did it in 89!!!
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
24th August 2006 04:28 PM
glencar I'd give anything to see different songs done too but a friend of mine went to see CSNY & was disappointed because they did all the new Neil Young stuff which I guess doesn't sound all that good. At least to this guy.
24th August 2006 04:29 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'd give anything to see different songs done too but a friend of mine went to see CSNY & was disappointed because they did all the new Neil Young stuff which I guess doesn't sound all that good. At least to this guy.

interesting point!
24th August 2006 04:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL I quoted the wrong post! Sorry! I hope I don't end up in the Jair Memorial House of Shame!

actually even though I knew it was a mistake I banned you for about 90 seconds. I guess you didnt notice...!
24th August 2006 04:34 PM
glencar No, but I went to Maxy's site for a couple of minutes! I haven't been banned from anywhere for a couple of years.
24th August 2006 04:37 PM
Gazza ....oh give it time......
24th August 2006 04:40 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
....oh give it time......

Nah, I've stopped posting about politics, it gets too old.
24th August 2006 04:57 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Don't call me a dufus, you stupid cocksucker!

Wow!

look who's getting bent out of shape about someone calling him a dufus

GlenCar, you drop stupid, childish names like dufus, loser, maggot, faggot, asshole, jackass etc on people here all the time.

man, don't dish it out if you can't take it
24th August 2006 05:11 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nah, I've stopped posting about politics, it gets too old.

I wish everyone else would do the same. The appeal of logging on to a music message board to argue about politics with someone I barely know or dont know at all is beyond me.
24th August 2006 06:00 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I wish everyone else would do the same. The appeal of logging on to a music message board to argue about politics with someone I barely know or dont know at all is beyond me.

You know from all the posts, all the threads hijacked to express different political points of view, I'm not sure of one mind or one opinion that has ever been changed. If that's the case, what's the point and why do all this on a music message board??
24th August 2006 06:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
time is on my side wrote:

You know from all the posts, all the threads hijacked to express different political points of view, I'm not sure of one mind or one opinion that has ever been changed. If that's the case, what's the point and why do all this on a music message board??

Exactly!
24th August 2006 07:30 PM
glencar
quote:
time is on my side wrote:

Agreed. It gets old anyway.
24th August 2006 07:49 PM
jaymze thats a good venue for the meet up. though ive never been to a gig or match in hampden i have heard that its a bit out of town, the solid rock is right next to central for the train. they have some cool memorabelia in the pub and a big space downstairs too. always a good crowd in there for gigs. looking forward to a few pre-show pints. will have tickets this time so wont have to worry about not getting to go.......

and dont forget the t-shirt gazza!!!!!!!!!!!!
24th August 2006 08:00 PM
Gazza the T-shirt is still in the wash, Jaymze. Sorry.

Hampden isnt that far out on the train, I dont think.
25th August 2006 01:11 AM
mickmask
quote:
glencar wrote:
My family has relatives in glasgow but seriously, I can see why the smarter ones left. Very dirty old town.

Dirty and old...yes.
Architecturally fascinating and artistically rich...absolutely.
..and the people...well they're just the salt of the earth.
I'd love to have made that show...sniff.

mm.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)