ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Don Valley Stadium, Sheffield, 27th August 2006
© Moffitt with thanks to Moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wood's confusion at playing sober Return to archive Page: 1 2
23rd August 2006 12:56 PM
Ten Thousand Motels WOOD'S CONFUSION AT PLAYING SOBER

Veteran rocker RONNIE WOOD is finding it strange adjusting to his newfound sobriety after spending decades performing live while drunk. The ROLLING STONES guitarist spent a period in rehabilitation earlier this year (06) and has emerged focused when on stage. He says, "Obviously, normal people don't go out to work drunk, but for an alcoholic, it's entirely normal to go out of your f**king brain. "That's what I did for years. But hopefully not anymore, hopefully. "The last show we played in Paris, I was straight as a die. It did feel weird not to be hiding behind alcohol or dope, but being focused was good."

23/08/2006 17:11
contactmusic.com

23rd August 2006 01:02 PM
gustavobala I DON´T THINK HE PLAY WELL DRUNK (see 76 tour, 1998 tour)

i think in this tour he is playing so good (like 78, 81,90 tours)
23rd August 2006 01:06 PM
Saint Sway drunk or sober, he barely plays at all.
23rd August 2006 01:07 PM
luxury1 nitrous oxide kills brain cells.....
23rd August 2006 01:14 PM
Nellcote Leave the man alone.
23rd August 2006 01:15 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Leave the man alone.

Police visit wild party by Stones' Wood
LONDON, Aug. 22 (UPI) -- A raucous party thrown by Rolling Stones' bassist Ronnie Wood was broken up by police after neighbors of his suburban London home complained, a report says.

The Daily Mirror said the 59-year-old singer threw the bash at his home in Kingston, Surrey, to celebrate the Stones' first performance in Britain in three years, but was forced to end the party when police visited at 4 a.m. Monday in response to noise complaints.

As part of the celebration at Wood's $28 million estate, revelers enjoyed more than $56,000 in alcohol while the Stones' bassist preferred his libation in the form of nitrous oxide gas, also known as laughing gas, the Daily Mirror said.

"Ronnie was inhaling it from balloons and doubling over in fits of giggles," one guest told the newspaper. "It was hilarious for him and just as funny to watch."

Not joining Wood in celebrating the Stones' Sunday performance at Twickenham rugby ground were his band mates -- the newspaper said they went home rather than attend the party.
23rd August 2006 01:21 PM
Saint Sway thats story is pathetic and sad.

so is whats left of his talent.

what else is there to say?
23rd August 2006 01:22 PM
Nellcote OK, he's got a problem.
Leave him alone.
This mission to bring to light the problems
Wood has with his addiction is boring.
Only the person having the problem is capable of
policing themselves.
I've had enough, see you all down the road or not.
23rd August 2006 01:23 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
OK, he's got a problem.
Leave him alone.
This mission to bring to light the problems
Wood has with his addiction is boring.
Only the person having the problem is capable of
policing themselves.
I've had enough, see you all down the road or not.

????????????????
23rd August 2006 01:26 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:

????????????????

jb the Sept 2006 Maxim has a nice spread of Eva Longoria

She is also on the cover
23rd August 2006 01:27 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

jb the Sept 2006 Maxim has a nice spread of Eva Longoria

She is also on the cover

Thanks....she is cashing in while she is hot.....
23rd August 2006 01:42 PM
sirmoonie How drunk do you have to be to inhaling nitrous at 4AM when the cops show? Thats skunk drunk.
23rd August 2006 01:55 PM
Poplar
think Daryl is worried about losing his job as bassist?
23rd August 2006 01:57 PM
Some Guy nitrous oxide is so 1982.
23rd August 2006 02:00 PM
gustavobala
quote:
jb wrote:

Police visit wild party by Stones' Wood
LONDON, Aug. 22 (UPI) -- A raucous party thrown by Rolling Stones' bassist Ronnie Wood was broken up by police after neighbors of his suburban London home complained, a report says.

The Daily Mirror said the 59-year-old singer threw the bash at his home in Kingston, Surrey, to celebrate the Stones' first performance in Britain in three years, but was forced to end the party when police visited at 4 a.m. Monday in response to noise complaints.

As part of the celebration at Wood's $28 million estate, revelers enjoyed more than $56,000 in alcohol while the Stones' bassist preferred his libation in the form of nitrous oxide gas, also known as laughing gas, the Daily Mirror said.

"Ronnie was inhaling it from balloons and doubling over in fits of giggles," one guest told the newspaper. "It was hilarious for him and just as funny to watch."

Not joining Wood in celebrating the Stones' Sunday performance at Twickenham rugby ground were his band mates -- the newspaper said they went home rather than attend the party.

mick taylor is back????
23rd August 2006 02:01 PM
jb
quote:
gustavobala wrote:

mick taylor is back????

Mick Taylor is not back....also, I am very weary of the British tabloids as many stated the Twicks shows were full, despite that nasty article last week about poor sales.
[Edited by jb]
23rd August 2006 02:05 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
thats story is pathetic and sad.

so is whats left of his talent.

what else is there to say?

What I don't get -- and this is as true of Keith as it is of Ronnie -- is why their gear sounds so crappy sometimes, quite apart from how well or badly they play it. Thin, tinny, over-bright: It's almost like the techs do nothing but change strings, and haven't replaced an amplifier tube in 16 years.
23rd August 2006 02:14 PM
Saint Sway I agree Mel. The thin, tiny guitar sound drives me nuts.

I wouldnt care if they sucked, so long as its loud and sloppy with that classic Keef tone.
23rd August 2006 02:19 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I agree Mel. The thin, tiny guitar sound drives me nuts.

I wouldnt care if they sucked, so long as its loud and sloppy with that classic Keef tone.

Do they know they sound so bad?-ARE THEY LIKE THE FABLED "NAKED KING" who is only made aware of his state of undress by a child? Or, even more scary, do they actually like the way they sound???
[Edited by jb]
23rd August 2006 02:22 PM
Some Guy dudes are old.
23rd August 2006 02:32 PM
Factory Girl Eva Longoria is so stale.

RO need to launch a fresh hottie hunt. Lets do a reality show. We'll need 3 judges. Who'll volunteer?
23rd August 2006 02:43 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Eva Longoria is so stale.

RO need to launch a fresh hottie hunt. Lets do a reality show. We'll need 3 judges. Who'll volunteer?

We'll always have Paris.
23rd August 2006 02:52 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
WOOD'S CONFUSION AT PLAYING SOBER

Veteran rocker RONNIE WOOD is finding it strange adjusting to his newfound sobriety after spending decades performing live while drunk. The ROLLING STONES guitarist spent a period in rehabilitation earlier this year (06) and has emerged focused when on stage. He says, "Obviously, normal people don't go out to work drunk, but for an alcoholic, it's entirely normal to go out of your f**king brain. "That's what I did for years. But hopefully not anymore, hopefully. "The last show we played in Paris, I was straight as a die. It did feel weird not to be hiding behind alcohol or dope, but being focused was good."

23/08/2006 17:11
contactmusic.com

Sounds exactly the same as articles I read during the Licks tour. I remember reading an interview in an Irish mag where he commented that his playing has become so much better since getting off the sauce and that even Bono (wtf?) had commented about how good he was sounding.
23rd August 2006 03:05 PM
Factory Girl
quote:

We'll always have Paris.

Anyone can always have Paris.

I want someone who is classy and eternal. I fancy Kate Moss.
[Edited by Factory Girl]
23rd August 2006 03:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I want someone who is classy and eternal.

Oh....you mean like Anna Nicole????
23rd August 2006 03:21 PM
Factory Girl
quote:

Oh....you mean like Anna Nicole????

Negative. But isn't AN going to spawn soon?
23rd August 2006 03:22 PM
luxury1 Uh-oh. Sounds like Nellcote has his crabby jeans on today also.

Come on, group hug everyone!
23rd August 2006 03:24 PM
jb
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Uh-oh. Sounds like Nellcote has his crabby jeans on today also.

Come on, group hug everyone!

See Yankee/Bosox series-nuff said. We still love ya Nellie!!!
23rd August 2006 04:39 PM
Jair I dont fucking believe you fucking believe in The fucking Daily fucking Mirror fucking says. Gurrrrrrck!!!!

23rd August 2006 04:57 PM
Trey Krimsin I'm surprised no one has mentioned that article calls Ronnie the bassist. Maybe in the studio, but not on stage.

That tells me something about the credibility of the article if they can't get one simple detail right.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)