ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Don Valley Stadium, Sheffield, 27th August 2006
© Moffitt with thanks to Moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wood's confusion at playing sober Return to archive Page: 1 2
23rd August 2006 05:02 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Trey Krimsin wrote:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that article calls Ronnie the bassist.

I havent been to a live Stones show in a few months and was hoping it was true.
23rd August 2006 05:17 PM
gustavobala
quote:
jb wrote:

Mick Taylor is not back....also, I am very weary of the British tabloids as many stated the Twicks shows were full, despite that nasty article last week about poor sales.
[Edited by jb]

was a joke jb, because the news called ronnie as "bassist"

i believe taylor never will play again like a stone....keith don´t want him
23rd August 2006 06:13 PM
Saint Sway the Butterscotch Stallion strikes again!

This is from todays NY POST:

ROLLING Stone Ron Wood is pushing 60, but he still knows how to party. After the Stones' London concert Monday night, Wood held a huge bash at his Surrey home - but didn't touch a drop of booze. Instead, the alcoholic rocker sucked up copious amounts of nitrous oxide, a k a laughing gas, according to the Daily Mirror. Bandmates Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Mick Jagger were no-shows, but Owen Wilson stayed until 1:30 - two hours before police ended the fun.
23rd August 2006 07:52 PM
mrhipfl here's an idea: get Ronnie to play bass and get a new guitar player.
23rd August 2006 09:54 PM
Soldatti
quote:
"Ronnie was inhaling it from balloons and doubling over in fits of giggles," one guest told the newspaper. "It was hilarious for him and just as funny to watch."

Ridiculous and sad.
24th August 2006 03:10 AM
Ten Thousand Motels RONALDINHO HELPS WOOD STAY SOBER

ROLLING STONE guitarist RONNIE WOOD pretends he is Brazilian soccer ace RONALDINHO to stay focused on stage. The MISS YOU star recently underwent treatment for alcoholism and now imagines he is a world class sportsman when playing live sober. He says, "I like to pretend I'm RAFAEL (NADAL) or Ronaldinho, living in the moment and entirely focused. Let's hope I stay that way."

24/08/2006 07:35
contactmusic.com

24th August 2006 05:19 AM
waaghals "I'm surprised no one has mentioned that article calls Ronnie the bassist. Maybe in the studio, but not on stage.

That tells me something about the credibility of the article if they can't get one simple detail right."

I agree 100%!
24th August 2006 05:43 AM
lotsajizz nitrous may be legal there, as it is in most of the US

'hippie crack'

last tank I had I turned the valve and emptied it into the air after three hours sucking at that shit

NEVER again!!

24th August 2006 12:15 PM
MrPleasant Woody is a fucking clown. Sobriety's got nothing to do with talent.
24th August 2006 01:56 PM
Gazza
quote:
Trey Krimsin wrote:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that article calls Ronnie the bassist. Maybe in the studio, but not on stage.

That tells me something about the credibility of the article if they can't get one simple detail right.

the bit about none of the band showing up is also untrue. Keith arrived after 2 am, apparently.

I was staying just a few hundred yards away and am still fuming that I wasn't invited!
24th August 2006 01:58 PM
jb Mick and keith never socialize outside of the concert...not even in the Hotel.
24th August 2006 01:59 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I was staying just a few hundred yards away and am still fuming that I wasn't invited!

understanable. But still, did you have to be a narc and call the cops???

uncool Gazza. Uncool...
24th August 2006 02:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Mick and keith never socialize outside of the concert...not even in the Hotel.

considering Mick has laryngitis, I would have been pretty furious had he gone straight from the concert to a party. He went back to his suite and rested.
24th August 2006 02:03 PM
jb They are not friends imo.
24th August 2006 02:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
They are not friends imo.

yet they continue to touch hands in a very limp wristed manner every night onstage during band intros
24th August 2006 02:11 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

yet they continue to touch hands in a very limp wristed manner every night onstage during band intros

yes...remeber the way they did it in 78!!! They really have drifted apart both creatively and socially..they hate each other.
24th August 2006 02:12 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

they are closer to husband and wife in some ways than any relationship Mick's ever had IMO.
24th August 2006 02:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

understanable. But still, did you have to be a narc and call the cops???

uncool Gazza. Uncool...

LOL...I can protest my innocence by saying that while I knew Ronnie had a place in Kingston, I was unaware it was so close until after I had left the area the following day.
24th August 2006 02:16 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

they are closer to husband and wife in some ways than any relationship Mick's ever had IMO.

Do you think Keith picked up the hotel phone and said "Hi Mick, how is your voice?" or did Jane rose place the call?
24th August 2006 03:32 PM
Gazza Like all husbands, he got someone else to do it of course!
24th August 2006 03:35 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL...I can protest my innocence by saying that while I knew Ronnie had a place in Kingston, I was unaware it was so close until after I had left the area the following day.

sure
24th August 2006 09:31 PM
Soldatti
quote:
jb wrote:

They act very well it seems.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)