ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Jagger by Mazur
© Kevin Mazur/Wire Image with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I'm bringing a sign to Hartford - need suggestions Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 25th, 2005 07:10 AM
caro
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
OH NO! NOT THIS SONG AGAIN!

That would be friggin' hilarious, although Pdog is probably right about the band's reaction.

Or else, you could try and get on the nerves of the rest of the audience...

"HEY GUYS I PAID LESS THAN YOU AND I HAVE A BETTER SIGHT"

"MY SIGN IS BIGGER THAN YOURS, F**KER!"

[Edited by caro]
August 25th, 2005 07:34 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I'll be in the 4th row

I'm gonna make a sign to hold up

Help me out with some suggestions as to what the sign should read

so far I'm thinking either...

STOP PLAYING THE SAME SET

or

GO BACK TO TORONTO AND REHEARSE SOME NEW SONGS

or

I PAID $500 FOR A STONES TIX AND ALL I GOT WAS THE SAME OLD WAR HORSES

or

OH NO! NOT THIS SONG AGAIN!

I see the humor in the above and actually number 4 is perfect.

That said...I think to do this is incredibly rude and shows no class or respect to this band. EVEN YOU, Saint Sway will feel the size of a head of a needle if you do this.

Sorry...just MHFO!!

Sway..talk to me AFTER you've seen the show...you'll eat the sign. They are that good.

LJ.
August 25th, 2005 08:14 AM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Sway..talk to me AFTER you've seen the show...you'll eat the sign. They are that good.

what is..the show or the signs?
August 25th, 2005 08:18 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

LOL!!
"Fire michael Cohl" is a great idea too

"Fire Michael Cohl Out Of A Cannon" would be even better

There was another guy who the camera used to pick out on the last tour who used to hold up a "Dont Stop" sign.

If they keep up the same setlists this tour and someone brought along a sign that said "ON SECOND THOUGHTS, DO STOP" do you think they'd appreciate the joke?
August 25th, 2005 01:13 PM
Lethargy Sway:

How 'bout:

"Stop waving Ronnie and play guitar!"

or

"Stop gesturing Keith and play guitar!"

or

"Mick: best Stones guitarist 2005"
August 25th, 2005 01:46 PM
gimmekeef "TURN IT UP"
August 25th, 2005 01:50 PM
caro BEWARE MICK!! THERE'S A WEIRD LOOKING GUY NEAR THE KEYBOARDS GRINNING AT YOU!
August 25th, 2005 02:13 PM
Joey [quote]Saint Sway wrote:
I'll be in the 4th row

I'm gonna make a sign to hold up

Help me out with some suggestions as to what the sign should read "

IMPEACH BUSH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{ see : Richard M. Nixon circa 1973 - '74 )

Developing .....................................

August 25th, 2005 02:21 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
exile wrote:
How about

"FUCK OFF CHUCK"

Thanks! That's what I was thinking.......

BUt, Jay humbly suggests a better one... how about some loud capital letters with

GET RID OF THE WHOLE BUNCH! WANKERS!
August 25th, 2005 02:28 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
caro wrote:
BEWARE MICK!! THERE'S A WEIRD LOOKING GUY NEAR THE KEYBOARDS GRINNING AT YOU!

Hey Caroline.... where you've been!?!?!?? How's everything?
August 25th, 2005 03:14 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Sway:

How 'bout:

"Stop waving Ronnie and play guitar!"

or

"Stop gesturing Keith and play guitar!"

or

"Mick: best Stones guitarist 2005"

ahh Lethargy!!! A little late to party - as always - but a solid contribution nontheless

how bout' "BRING IN FORD"
(I got yer email)
August 25th, 2005 03:19 PM
Saint Sway oh and Lethargy.... Crowes in SF tonite again - you best go. They did Tumblin Dice last night fucker!

course you missed it.... "Lethargy... Lethargy.... it was a second name!"

?[?3 )oe wrote:

[/quote]

Lady J,
I've seen the Stones well over 30 times. I'm fully aware of how great they are and how good of a show they put on.

but that doesnt buy them a free pass to play the same boring set every night

sorry, but as great as they still are - that is just lame. No excuse for it. Especially after the Licks Tour. They are better than that. And I will sell all my tickets if they continue to play the same show.

August 25th, 2005 03:51 PM
Nellcote Sway brother, you really should enjoy the ride.
Or, please, I beg you, contact your buddy at Virgin.
Find a way to one on one with someone there.
Tell them exactly your feelings, longevity in seeing
the Stones. Demand an answer.
You might just get one.
Or get to Chuck.
He's the keys to the inner sanctum.
Otherwise, you know, you really should enjoy it.
It could be gone tomorrow.
August 25th, 2005 06:26 PM
caro
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Hey Caroline.... where you've been!?!?!?? How's everything?

Hey JJ! I'm fine, I lost interest in the Stones some time ago, but found it back last month! Nice to see you&your sweet avatar again
August 25th, 2005 06:27 PM
Trey Krimsin May I suggest the following:

"Trey Krimsin needs tickets to the Charlotte and/or Durham shows!"

Someone said this earlier (I think Gazza did): Slots rule, you bastards!

Or "Give Trey Krimsin Stones tickets! He's too poor to afford all seven letters of TICKETS!"

Did that sound desperate?
August 25th, 2005 06:32 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Lady J,
I've seen the Stones well over 30 times. I'm fully aware of how great they are and how good of a show they put on.

but that doesnt buy them a free pass to play the same boring set every night

sorry, but as great as they still are - that is just lame. No excuse for it. Especially after the Licks Tour. They are better than that. And I will sell all my tickets if they continue to play the same show.

Were you at Fenway 1 or 2?

NO.

So instead of judging for yourself, you've made up your mind that you need to proclaim to the band that they are lame. Based on what???? The SET LIST???

Bring your Tardrite with you too!!!

LJ.

August 25th, 2005 06:48 PM
Saint Sway Lady J

my best friend called me up on night 2 right b4 the intro. We were both really psyched. Well, he bc he was there and me bc I was getting to hear it. And then bam! Start Me Up!

blah! I just had to hang up the phone

I spoke with him afterwards and he said that it seemed like there was a lot of people around him who went both nights and he could hear the dissapointments and sighs growing with every repeat.

now, I'm not saying that its not a great show or that the Stones arent still a great band. And I'm sure you were jumping up and down like a loon and singing along to HTW & Miss You and all the other war horses for the millionth time. And thats fine. I'm glad you enjoy it so much.

I just think that the Stones are easily capable of much more. They are the greatest. No doubt. But for them to run thru the same lineup on back to back nights is just being lazy. Its cool if you wanna go along with it and act like it doesnt matter. But I'm honest enough to admit that I'd like to hear them mix it up. And I dont see anything wrong with calling them lame for not trying to.

fact is, they've got a shitload of great songs. Most of which they've played plenty of times. Theres really no reason or excuse for them to go out and play the same exact 20 songs every night.

I'm sure its a blast the 1st show. And probably a good time the 2nd. But I've got tix to 6 shows and I'm dreading the idea of them repeating the same sets for that whole run of shows.

If you can go and not be dissapointed. Then, I guess, good for you.

I'm just stating how I feel.
August 25th, 2005 06:58 PM
Some Guy they are pacing themselves.
August 25th, 2005 07:13 PM
Trey Krimsin Quite frankly, if they played Start Me Up for two hours, I'd be pretty fucking happy.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)