ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Thobby!!
Rentschler Field, East Hartford - August 26, 2005
Picture taken from "On-Stage" seats
Thanks Throbby!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU STONES FANS!?!?! PLEASE TELL ME Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 24th, 2005 10:58 AM
jcdesq Wow. The same, lame setlist again. How cool would it be if they threw in a "Loving Cup," "Sway," "Little T&A" or an intimate "Prodigal Son," with Mick and Keith, the two great warriors, sharing the stage together. What about "older" songs like "Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby" or "Backstreet Girl?"

ARE PEOPLE REALLY PAYING $400 PLUS A $100 MEMBERSHIP FEE, PLUS A $21 "SERVICE CHARGE" TO GO TO SEE THE STONES PLAY "START ME UP" AND "IT'S ONLY ROCK AND ROLL YET AGAIN?!?!?!?!?!
THIS IS CRIMINAL AND I HAVE NOT SEEN MANY STONES FANS COMPLAIN ABOUT THE FLEECING OF THE PUBLIC. SURE THEY ARE THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD, AND WE WON'T HAVE THEM AROUND MUCH LONGER, BUT COME ON. NO CLUB SHOWS THIS TIME AROUND AND GENERIC SETLISTS?
I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY THOUGHTS FROM REAL STONES FANS ABOUT THIS. IS EVERYONE SO BLINDED THAT THEY JUST TAKE THIS CRAP?
August 24th, 2005 10:59 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
jcdesq wrote:
Wow. The same, lame setlist again. How cool would it be if they threw in a "Loving Cup," "Sway," "Little T&A" or an intimate "Prodigal Son," with Mick and Keith, the two great warriors, sharing the stage together. What about "older" songs like "Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby" or "Backstreet Girl?"

ARE PEOPLE REALLY PAYING $400 PLUS A $100 MEMBERSHIP FEE, PLUS A $21 "SERVICE CHARGE" TO GO TO SEE THE STONES PLAY "START ME UP" AND "IT'S ONLY ROCK AND ROLL YET AGAIN?!?!?!?!?!
THIS IS CRIMINAL AND I HAVE NOT SEEN MANY STONES FANS COMPLAIN ABOUT THE FLEECING OF THE PUBLIC. SURE THEY ARE THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD, AND WE WON'T HAVE THEM AROUND MUCH LONGER, BUT COME ON. NO CLUB SHOWS THIS TIME AROUND AND GENERIC SETLISTS?
I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY THOUGHTS FROM REAL STONES FANS ABOUT THIS. IS EVERYONE SO BLINDED THAT THEY JUST TAKE THIS CRAP?

BILL PERKS????
August 24th, 2005 10:59 AM
Some Guy The tour/album is a bust
August 24th, 2005 11:02 AM
gimmekeef Tour a bust?...Not based on press reviews and 95% of the reviews from fans that actually ATTENDED the shows!!!!Read Jumpin Jacks comments about the setlists in 73 Brussels....
August 24th, 2005 11:05 AM
egon WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU STONES FANS!?!?! PLEASE TELL ME

where shall i begin..

When i was 4, one of my uncles....
August 24th, 2005 11:09 AM
Martha
quote:
jcdesq wrote:
Wow. The same, lame setlist again. How cool would it be if they threw in a "Loving Cup," "Sway," "Little T&A" or an intimate "Prodigal Son," with Mick and Keith, the two great warriors, sharing the stage together. What about "older" songs like "Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby" or "Backstreet Girl?"

Welcome to the board (unless you are Bill Perks in disguise) LOL . We've complained and complained and will complain again about the ticket prices being hideous. I am a devout Stones fan, but one who cannot afford anything but the nosebleed seats (if that now that my husband has no job).

Personally I have been wondering what would happen if they didn't charge all that money (like they didn't when I saw them during the BTB tour, top tickets were $60 face) and had one or two prices like say top tickets are $90 and the worst seats $50. Would the shows sell out for real? Would people be as pissed about the set list? Would Michael Cohl have to sell one of his jets or homes?

LOL

How much of that ticket price goes to paying for that elaborate stage madness? I prefer to see them on a stripped down stage with reasonable ticket prices. That way MORE people would have a chance to see them ONCE in their lifetimes. Especially the younger kids who have no music....no mojo from which to form their young impressionable minds.

I think Dylan is right to say we are now in the "new dark ages".

"It's not dark yet, but it's getting there."

peace and love,
Martha
August 24th, 2005 11:13 AM
Private Godfrey This is more like a wish but..
The boys might do club shows if they have a few days off and they all feel energetic enough to do one - i assume it wouldn't take that much to organise ! I haven't really studied the itinerary but it's a nice thought !!
August 24th, 2005 11:15 AM
Gazza
quote:
jcdesq wrote:

where do you get the impression "everyone" has their heads so far up the band's asses that theyre happy with everything? You obviously havent been reading the other posts...

and we're ALL "real" Stones fans..whether we think the setlists and shows suck or whether we dont. No one has a monopoly on the definition of what a 'real' fan is...
August 24th, 2005 11:19 AM
blackandblue I still think PERKS has a point here.
August 24th, 2005 11:24 AM
BILL PERKS HERE I IS...I AM DISAPPOINTED MYSELF.I HATE START ME UP WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING.BUT MANY,MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE ATTENDING THESE SHOWS GO TO HEAR THEIR HITS..I BELIEVE THEY SHOULD DO A CLUB SHOW IN EACH MAJOR CITY FOR THE CORE FANS WHO DONT WANNA HEAR WARHORSES.
I'M STILL PAYING A FORTUNRE TO SEE THEM 3X NO MATTER WHAT THEY PLAY..
August 24th, 2005 11:31 AM
GimmeExile I didn't become a Stones fan because I heard Sway and Winter. It was after I heard Jumpin' Jack Flash, Start Me Up, Brown Sugar...Of course, as my love for the Stones deepened, I became enamored of the more obscure songs from their various albums...But in the beginning, it was the warhorses.

[Edited by GimmeExile]
August 24th, 2005 11:48 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
jcdesq wrote:

They're even getting an additional 20 songs in between for the same price!
August 24th, 2005 11:51 AM
caro
quote:
Martha wrote:
How much of that ticket price goes to paying for that elaborate stage madness? I prefer to see them on a stripped down stage with reasonable ticket prices.

I've been wondering about that myself. Does anyone here have an idea what it costs to make, transport and assemble that stage? I would imagine that it's only a very little percentage of the global tour costs, but with gas prices being high and all that, maybe it's not that cheap. If so, I agree with Martha : scrap the stage and make the tickets cheaper... That would certainly draw a much more enthusiastic (& younger!) crowd.
August 24th, 2005 11:52 AM
Gazza
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
HERE I IS...I AM DISAPPOINTED MYSELF.I HATE START ME UP WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING.BUT MANY,MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE ATTENDING THESE SHOWS GO TO HEAR THEIR HITS..I BELIEVE THEY SHOULD DO A CLUB SHOW IN EACH MAJOR CITY FOR THE CORE FANS WHO DONT WANNA HEAR WARHORSES.
I'M STILL PAYING A FORTUNRE TO SEE THEM 3X NO MATTER WHAT THEY PLAY..

PERKSY...shall you be coming to NY in January to be 'greeted' ?
August 24th, 2005 09:27 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Gazza wrote:

PERKSY...shall you be coming to NY in January to be 'greeted' ?

i'm hoping for a jan 20th weekend show..if not i'll be there on the 18th-would love to meet GAAZA
August 24th, 2005 10:27 PM
lucasvm I dont care the setlist!!!!, this setlist is great, i like it, i saw the Stones only one time so i would love to hear the warsorses songs, Sway?, Little T&A?, wow, thats a boring show, everybody on their chair, and nobody jumping and dancing, come on, Loving Cup, Love Train where so boring last tour, how many times do you hear this ones on your life?, and what about Start Me Up or Satisfaction?
August 24th, 2005 10:44 PM
LadyJane A little advice please....DO NOT JUDGE...until you see/hear
a performance...and this awesome fucking stage.

I was at Fenway 1.....I was blown away....a little faith in our Band is not a bad idea right now.

Just MFHO.

LJ.

August 24th, 2005 10:47 PM
pdog The price of one top tier ticket is a Saturday nights pay for me. It ain't shit for me to spend it. It's only money, I'm not flaking on my responsibilties and I'm not taking the cash with me when I die.
I think it takes serious audacity to question how people choose to spend their money. I responded accordingly.
I'll shut up.
August 24th, 2005 11:23 PM
exile I dont care how much the tickets are

Ill fucking BE THERE when they hit town

because its the stones...and if they play 'Start me up' I will be just as happy as if they play 'Sway'.

because its a great night out with friends seeing my favourite band of all time and thats how I like to spend my money.

If you want to bore everyone stupid in ANOTHER thread about high ticket prices bla blah blah, How about this for an idea........Just dont go to any concerts, you wont be missed
August 24th, 2005 11:34 PM
Dan I never expected anything other than a Stones show for the $80 I laid into this thing so far. And I still want to see the whole stadium spectacle. I don't care if they playing this exact same setlist by the time the tour rolls into California, unless A Bigger Bang has more than 4 good songs on it.
August 25th, 2005 01:42 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
HERE I IS...I AM DISAPPOINTED MYSELF.I HATE START ME UP WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING.

one thing wrong with me is that i'm a hopeless pedant and a card carrying member of the grammar police and i can take it no longer:

FIBER is spelt FIBRE

also:

1. I am a border line alcoholic

2. I am psychologically addicted to cannabis

3. I have a receeding hair line

4. I sometimes get this itchy rash on my scalp

5. I need some dental work

6. Some say i am selfish

7. I like gambling too much

8. I don't visit my mother as often as I should

9. I covet my neighbour's wife's ass

10. I sometimes drive slowly in the fast lane and drive fast in the slow lane

11. I don't get enough exercise and am starting to put on weight

11. I have committed adultery

There's probably more but that's enough for starters don't you think??

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
August 25th, 2005 02:19 AM
pdog Upon further self examination and listening to the Boston show, I've decided I'm cuckoo for cocoa puffs!
August 25th, 2005 02:19 AM
Poplar
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

we have much in common
August 25th, 2005 02:20 AM
pdog
quote:
Poplar wrote:

we have much in common

I knew you were a grammar cop!
August 25th, 2005 02:29 AM
glencar It's "fiber" over here, mate!
August 25th, 2005 02:29 AM
glencar Uh, speaking of pedants...
August 25th, 2005 02:35 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
glencar wrote:
It's "fiber" over here, mate!

ok glencar i accept that on the basis of your greater local knowledge

apologies BILL

but in my dicionary* (an Oxford) it's fibre - so that's the Queen's English as she is spoke and writed!!

* whoops, i better arrest myself - no bail motherfucker your arse is in the can!!

August 25th, 2005 02:37 AM
exile I am a bad speller SIA , please dont spellcheck me
August 25th, 2005 04:42 AM
Zeeta
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

ok glencar i accept that on the basis of your greater local knowledge

apologies BILL

but in my dicionary* (an Oxford) it's fibre - so that's the Queen's English as she is spoke and writed!!

* whoops, i better arrest myself - no bail motherfucker your arse is in the can!!

Mate we're gonna whoop every FIBRE of your Aussie arses in the test today! Hope you keepin well Stoned?

Hilarious post mate - "I covet my neighbour's wife's ass" LOL!
August 25th, 2005 08:04 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Zeeta wrote:

Mate we're gonna whoop every FIBRE of your Aussie arses in the test today! Hope you keepin well Stoned?

Thanks Matt - trust all is well with you

Re the cricket - well we'll see about that but i must admit your off to a good start. Nice toss to win pitch looks fairly benign. Your're lucky you won't be batting last on it .Once it starts breaking up i'm sure it'll start taking some serious spin

You guys have certainly improved that's for sure and finally making a contest of it - which is only good for the game

but as you know we never say die

cheers
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)