ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Lynn Goldsmith
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Saturday Cancelled Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
08-21-03 05:25 PM
Hand of Fate Just heard on radio
08-21-03 05:27 PM
Moonisup no kidding??????????

Mick knew for sure he would play then, at least that was in the press release
[Edited by Moonisup]
08-21-03 05:28 PM
Gazza Fuck!
08-21-03 05:29 PM
Moonisup HELLLLL
Astoria hmmm must go on!
08-21-03 05:29 PM
Hand of Fate Yep and sundays too probably, will be rescheduled for end of the tour according to capital gold
08-21-03 05:34 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Fuck!!! Any news on the Astoria gig???
08-21-03 05:37 PM
T&A What's the big deal - so they reschedule these, right? I was only able to attend the San Jose '99 shows because they were rescheduled. So this might work out better for many folks...
08-21-03 05:38 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
T&A wrote:
What's the big deal - so they reschedule these, right? I was only able to attend the San Jose '99 shows because they were rescheduled. So this might work out better for many folks...

Not for all of us travelling to the UK.
08-21-03 05:45 PM
Gazza >What's the big deal - so they reschedule these, right? I was only able to attend the San Jose '99 shows because they were rescheduled. So this might work out better for many folks

how the fuck will it? Do you think we're gonna get refunds on our airfares or hotels - most people are en route already or are going in the morning. Not to mention taking more time off work for rescheduled shows and booking more flights.

I wont be at the rescheduled shows, thats for sure.
08-21-03 05:46 PM
Moonisup ha! Gazza, I also WON'T be at the postponed Arena concert in Amsterdam
08-21-03 05:48 PM
sirmoonie FUCK! I was looking forward to that.

Damn.
08-21-03 05:58 PM
Joey

Mick's illness sounds a bit more serious than a simple cold /flu/laryngitis ........................

Shiver ............................

Kins !
08-21-03 05:59 PM
Nellcote There is no doubt that this is not a good situation.
We are dealing with 60 year old human beings here folks, who still get ill just like everyone else.
I think in the fit of rage, people need to realize
shit happens. So you would rather see Jagger without a voice than a rescheduled date with a better voice?

I sure The Stones are dissapointed as well.

What did someone once say?

Ooh yeah, Life goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone....
08-21-03 06:09 PM
Gazza the fact theyve actually postponed it a full TWO days in advance is very unusual. usually its about 24 hours notice,if that, so its obviously quite bad. Monday's a bank holiday in the UK so I guess technically they could play sundays show and reschedule saturday's for monday but they obviously mustn't think hes up to it

Astoria will be a full eight days after the Amsterdam 19/8 concert. Surely that should be sufficient time for any sore throat to heal..

A lot of kicking heels in London for the next 5 days. Shite!
08-21-03 06:12 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Astoria will be a full eight days after the Amsterdam 19/8 concert. Surely that should be sufficient time for any sore throat to heal..

Let's hope so Gazza, let's hope so.
08-21-03 06:14 PM
stoneskat Is this confirmed??
08-21-03 06:16 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Gazza wrote:

A lot of kicking heels in London for the next 5 days. Shite!

C'mon!
08-21-03 06:21 PM
Moonisup maybe they should cancel ALL stadiumshows, hmmmmmm nice
08-21-03 06:31 PM
Jaxx what a bummer! if i had to jump through all those hoops to get there---airfare, room, time off i'd be totally peeved. but like nellcote says, the fact is that these guys are geriatrics whether we want to accept that fact or not. shit happenes and geriatrics don't bounce back as fast as young stud muffins do. i'm sorry for all of you with plane tix from wherever and room reservations. theres really nothing to say here to make anyone feel better because mick doesn't feel better. it sucks. you have my sympathy that has morphed out of my jealousy!
08-21-03 07:09 PM
StonesChick That's too bad for everyone going and for the Stones. I hope Mick feels better soon. Sounds like he really sung his heart out at that last club show.
08-21-03 08:06 PM
LadyJane If true......this sucks on many levels.

So sorry for all of you that are traveling to the UK. I doubt the airlines, hotels and your employers will cooperate with a rescheduled date.

I'm very concerned about Mick. But Nellcote makes a good point that we tend to forget that the man is 60 years old.

Sad irony....who would have thought the one who seems the healthiest....would be having vocal problems.

Get well soon, Mick!!

LadyJ.
08-21-03 08:34 PM
kath has anybody checked the source of this? why is it not posted on iorr or shidoobee??? it's not on rs.com either. and doug posted on shidoobee that he hasn't heard anything about it. chill. it's gonna be fine!!!
[Edited by kath]
08-21-03 08:44 PM
Boomy Come and get it, yeah!!!

We be gettin' hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh!!!!
[Edited by Boomy]
08-21-03 09:01 PM
jaggergurl Okay this is scary on many fronts...MICK!! What is happening with our RockGod? Get better, we are worried about you! And all of the great fans in London from ALL over the world....Wow! I am sincerely hoping that everything works out alright for everyone...Stones & StonesFans!!
08-22-03 03:02 AM
UGot2Rollme god forbid Sr. Mickster caught SARS while in Toronto..
08-22-03 03:29 AM
marko Actually,its only THEIR fault.They donīt need to book their
touring schedule so tight,they must KNEW that this can
happen.So we have every right to whine,we pay their money.
08-22-03 03:47 AM
Talya Peachfeather Marko, I agree. However, it is ridiculous for people to be travelling all over the world in this way - it's fanaticism gone totally crazy and consumerism at its worst. And I feel badly for people who've travelled all this way. However, they could make a holiday of it without seeing the Stones.
08-22-03 03:55 AM
Zeeta BOLLLOX!
08-22-03 04:15 AM
marko Mate,no it isnīt.In my opinion,they should keep 3 days break
between EACH show.
08-22-03 04:24 AM
Juha

I thought the same when Benidorm was postponed...

quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
god forbid Sr. Mickster caught SARS while in Toronto..

Page: 1 2 3