ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Lynn Goldsmith
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Saturday Cancelled Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
08-22-03 05:08 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Just wait and see.
08-22-03 06:46 AM
FotiniD
quote:
marko wrote:
Actually,its only THEIR fault.They donīt need to book their
touring schedule so tight,they must KNEW that this can
happen.So we have every right to whine,we pay their money.

Yeah, and they should predict bad weather too and arrange the gigs so they won't coincide with football games on TV and so on.

Let's be serious! Booking a tight touring schedule means it's the only way it could be: think of the people involved here, the venues which can be booked for other events, agencies, traveling. It's not like the Stone say "we'll play London tonight and then go on after three days" and it happens. These have probably been arranged months before, so, you think Mick should have predicted he would have gone sick and exactly the amount of days he WOULD be sick? Come on!

Also, I'd like to have seen the same "we pay the money"-kind sensitities regarding money when tickets prices - at least for American tickets - were incredibly high. But then most people commented in the likes of "get the money if you can or don't see the Stones otherwise".

I'm just suggesting a little logic here. It's not like they're cancelling the gigs cause they want to go for holidays, the man can't sing here, what is he supposed to do? When you're booking tickets for gigs abroad as a fan, you're facing certain risks, one of which is a cancellation or postponing of the show, there's no guarantee to that, so it's a risk you take knowingly.
08-22-03 07:07 AM
oska its official, iv just read the statement issued by the tour promoter michael cohl, and published on nme's website, concert is now postponed until sometime in sept, 'due to mick jaggers bad throat'. this is unbeleivable but absolutley true.
08-22-03 08:01 AM
Jeremy Beadles Hand This is BAD news. Just seen an article on nme.com about it. Not Good.

http://www.nme.com/news/105955.htm

For those of you stuck in London this weekend with no gig to go to, a suggestion might be the Metro Club on Tottenham Court Road.

There is a class act on there called Cobra, not well known yet, but if you like the stones, you'll love these boys!

I appreciate this in no way make amends for this tragic incident and I as much as anyone hope Mick is back on his feet (so to speak) asap.

I'm just throwing an idea for something to do in the ring, thats all.

www.cobracobracobra.com

Get Well Soon Mick.
08-22-03 08:27 AM
Factory Girl I'm sorry for all my fellow Stones fans. This really is a hard pill to swallow, esp. for folks coming from far away for these shows.

"Jaxxy said 'stud muffin' he hehe he ha"

The recipe for a Stud Muffin

1. Add a smack of Jagger's lips
2. Add a pinch of Jagger's bum
3. Throw in a loving cup of Keith's swagger

08-22-03 08:30 AM
Talya Peachfeather According to the news Sir Mick Jagger has to rest for a further two days as he has the flu. He promises he'll be OK for Sunday at Twickenham (thanks Mick 'cos I'm going that day). The Stones agent was live by phone on the 1 p.m. news on Sky TV and said Mick Jagger has the flu and will be fine - he confirmed that Mick Jagger is fitter than most people (you only have to see him onstage to see that). The agent added that Mick Jagger takes less days off sick from work than most people do!!!!!
08-22-03 08:36 AM
keith_tif Stones Twickenham Gig Off
The first night of the Rolling Stones' UK tour has been postponed after front man Mick Jagger was struck down by flu.The Twickenham gig has been resheduled for September 20 but Sunday's show at the same venue is still expected to go ahead, his representatives said."The doctors tell me that I must have two more days rest - and after that I will be completely recovered and ready for a full-on stadium show on Sunday," promised Jagger.

It means disappointment for 50,000 fans after doctors ordered the Stones' legend to rest his voice for two days.

Doctors told the Stones frontman he must rest his voice if he was to make a complete recovery in time for Sunday's concert.

"The Stones were looking forward to opening in the UK - for their hometown audience - with all guns blazing," said tour promoter Michael Cohl.

"We're sorry to disappoint the fans who were coming on Saturday."

The concert's promoters had hoped to reschedule the postponed show for next week but Twickenham stadium was not available.

Tickets issued for Saturday's event will be valid for the rescheduled performance.

The Rolling Stones are currently on their sell-out 40th anniversary "Licks" world tour.

It marks four decades since an embryonic version of the group first wowed blues fans at London's Marquee Club in the 1960s.

The 11-date British leg is the finale of the 101-date global tour

08-22-03 09:37 AM
riffhard64 god forbid Sr. Mickster caught SARS while in Toronto..

Probably caught something from Timberlake
08-22-03 09:48 AM
Joey
If they hadn't wasted two whole months in Japan / Germany his health would be perfect . The UK gets screwed every single tour .

Really , they should go the route of THE WHO and play the U.S. and the U.K. EXCLUSIVELY -- Much easier on your constitution .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY BOY !!!!
08-22-03 09:55 AM
Factory Girl MJ caught cooties from Lwren
08-22-03 09:57 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
riffhard64 wrote:
god forbid Sr. Mickster caught SARS while in Toronto..

Probably caught something from Timberlake

LOL! The ultimate irony.
08-22-03 10:11 AM
Joey
" LOL! The ultimate irony. "

Hard to believe that Timberlake has been hanging around Diaz ............................and here I thought she liked Puss Puss EXCLUSIVELY !

Developing ....................

" There's that WORD again Ronnie "

Kins !

08-22-03 10:16 AM
hotlicks SHIT HAPPENS AS KEITH WOULD SAY.... I DO FEEL FOR YOU GUYS IN LONDON...HOPE SUNDAYS GIG GOES AHEAD. HOW ANYBODY CAN BLAME THE STONES ON THIS IS BEYOND ME....MICK IS SICK FOR GOD'S SAKE.
08-22-03 10:32 AM
hotlicks RANG GAZZA ON MOBILE....REALLY PISSED OFF BUT CONFIDENT SUNDAY WILL GO AHEAD. GAZZA AND MARTHA ARE OTSIDE JAGGERS HOUSE AT THIS MINUTE,PEEPING THROUGH THE CURTAINS TO SEE IF HE'S REALLY SICK!!!!
08-22-03 10:35 AM
sirmoonie My guess is that by this time tomorrow, the Sunday show is dinged as well.

I think the Eagles are behind this.
08-22-03 10:42 AM
Joey " My guess is that by this time tomorrow, the Sunday show is dinged as well.

I think the Eagles are behind this. "

I am getting bad vibes here --- and I NEVER have bad vibes about this band -- NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too much wasted time dicking around in Germany .

Joesy!
08-22-03 10:43 AM
Nellcote I think the Eagles will lose big time tonight to the Super Bowl Champions of 2001-2002

YOUR NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS!!!!

SS ARE YOU READY?
08-22-03 10:48 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:
Too much wasted time dicking around in Germany .

Joesy!

You said it, my brother. They went seeking the dark side and they found it.

Shades of Dieppe......

"Helmut Snodgrass you ain't, Ronnie!"
08-22-03 10:49 AM
L&A Already a collectable ! PM me for trade: 2 blank CD for the boot

Sorry for all of you travelling to UK...
08-22-03 11:09 AM
Scot Rocks OH SHIT, this is sucks for everyone planning to go on Saturday. I pray that Sunday will be ok, as this has cost me a lot of money with the flights and hotels.
08-22-03 11:21 AM
kahoosier What a night mare. First a freind and I travel to China from our island home and arrive about 24 hours beforethe first Hong Kpng cancellation, and watched our dreosm go upiin smoke as all the shows there were cancelled.

Now we have flown half way around the world to London arriving Thursday night. My ftreind has to leave on Monday. I am dreading hearing that Sunday will postpone also.
08-22-03 11:22 AM
Martha Holy CRAP!!!! I just got back from a trip to Cleveland (note to self....Jeff Beck is a GOD) and heard the news about Mick. Get well!, by the way!

I think there is nothing more disappointing than missing out on a long awaited and anticipated concert...I've been there. Hang in, as best you can. Enjoy London, each other and travel safely.

I'm sending my support and love especially to those of you who are traveling a long distance to see this show . That's a hard hit to the wallet...and to the heart.

Hang in there!

I am now thinking of how many times I've been sick in the past several months. Yikes! Mick is exceptional. I would have been cancelling a lot more often and I'm just 45.

We are very lucky to have these War Horses in such good health at their ages. Keep that in mind.

Yet, nothing can quell the disappointment of missing a show no matter what the cause.

I'm sending cyber-hugs to all concerned.
----------------------
Nellcote wrote:

What did someone once say?

Ooh yeah, Life goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone....
-----------------------

My former husband wrote those words, we separated soon after........sigh.....

Take care all,
Martha Mellencamp
08-22-03 11:38 AM
Nellcote Martha, only YOU knew at the time a young Johnny Cougar would be so quoted! I hope you are still getting royalty checks...
08-22-03 11:44 AM
jb I am really sorry for all of you who made the trip...hopefully they will reschedule it in just a few days.
08-22-03 11:54 AM
Joey " I am really sorry for all of you who made the trip...hopefully they will reschedule it in just a few days."

I would like to nuzzle you .
08-22-03 12:11 PM
TomL Try to enyoy and see London. With more time on your hands take a day trip to Paris or Amsterdam. Make the best of it. it is a bummer but allot of you spent good money to get there. Be pissed when you get home, enjoy while you are there.
08-22-03 01:54 PM
jb Do they have "Stones" tours in London?
08-22-03 03:17 PM
Boomy Support Bill: Go to Sticky Fingers
08-22-03 03:27 PM
kath go to ronnie scott's in soho..great jazz!!

this is a total bummer for you guys who travelled all that way. it seems odd that they would be saying sunday is still on...but i hope it is for your sakes!!
08-22-03 04:04 PM
sirmoonie If you can't find The Score in London, you were probably going to see an band that wasn't your style in the first instance.

Thats what it is. Is what am.

"Blow me like a kardashian skunk, Ronald!"
Page: 1 2 3