ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Lynn Goldsmith
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ticket Prices Return to archive Page: 1 2
08-19-03 12:20 PM
Boomy No way. Don't compare this stuff with the likes of Flip the Switch, Lowdown, Too Tight, OOC, Saint Of Me, Love is Strong...you can't do that. Stealing my heart, keys to your love...blah, not like the ball kicking songs I listed above.

Maybe it's just the rush job they did with those 4 songs. I hope that was the case.
08-19-03 12:25 PM
telecaster Years ago it was groupies, hookers and hangers on.

Now it is multiple kids from multiple parents and grandkids
on tour with them

Everyone at The Ritz, flying on 747's

Not a good enviornment to be cutting edge at any age must less at age 60
08-19-03 12:56 PM
jb True Telecaster....the really are a product of their current envionment....
08-19-03 01:46 PM
twicks1 OK, the 40 Licks tunes...Don't Stop and Stealing My Heart are patented midtempo Stones rockers, and Losing My Touch is typical crusty, dusty, album-closing Keith. The only anomaly is Keys to Your Love, which is a breezy soul-type number. No drum machines, big-name guest stars or Biz Markie raps, just standard latter-day Stones. Maybe not as sinuous as the best tracks off Bridges, but comfortably in the same league as most of the Voodoo stuff, IMO. Where is the Casey Kasem schmaltz factor here?

08-19-03 04:33 PM
Sir Stonesalot I just want some tunes on the next album to rock my cock. Evil, bad, nasty, dirty, filthy RAWKnRAWL.

I don't like NICEY NICE. Plug in the guitars, stomp on the distortion, crank the amps, and KICK SOME ASS.

That's all I ask.
08-20-03 07:19 PM
sammy davis jr. Face It Boys- They're written out.....It happens to every great artist (almost) The most productive years are always in the 25-40 years. Like someone said before, when you've been staying in 5 star hotels and had your'e ass kissed for so long, the fire which got you there in the first place goes out.
08-20-03 07:51 PM
Gazza hasnt stopped Josh

hes over 40, filthy rich and stays in 5-star hotels and he's still pumpin' out 100 posts a day!
Page: 1 2