ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

B- Stage @ Skydome- Toronto, April 26, 1998
By our friend Thierry "Anybody Seen My Website?" Joubaud ...Merci!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tracklist for 40 LICKS! Return to archive Page: 1 2
08-19-02 03:40 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Disc 1

Street Fighting Man
Gimme Shelter
Satisfaction
The Last Time
Jumpin Jack Flash
You Can't Always Get What you Want
19th Nervous Breakdown
Under My Thumb
Not Fade Away
Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby
Sympathy For The Devil
Mother's Little Helper
She's a Rainbow
Get Off My Cloud
Wild Horses
Ruby Tuesday
Paint It Black
Honky Tonk Women
It's All Over Now
Let's Spend The Night Together
Disc 2

Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Miss You
Beast Of Burden
Don't Stop
Happy
Angie
You Got Me Rocking
Shattered
Fool To Cry
Love Is Strong
Mixed Emotions
Keys To Your Love
Anybody Seen My Baby?
Stealing My Heart
Tumbling Dice
Undercover of the Night
Emotional Rescue
It's Only Rock 'n Roll
Losing My Touch

(courtesy IORR)

And there we is! Let the bitching begin!

-tSYX --- Lethal injection's a luxury...
08-19-02 03:54 PM
Scot Rocks Where is Midnight Rambler!!!!!!!!!?????????????????

08-19-02 04:15 PM
Shattered Where's "Saint of Me"? That was the only commercially released single from B2B. It peeked at #96 on the Billboard Hot 100. So where the Hell is it?
08-19-02 04:17 PM
Moonisup if the sound quality is better then the originals I would be very happy
08-19-02 04:21 PM
KeepRigid This looks like what we expected. Actually, the only real surprises for me are some of the songs they chose to represent the most recent albums.

I know most everyone here hates Emotional Rescue, but it did chart as a single. Still, I think She's So Cold is probably more well-known today.

Harlem Shuffle probably got shuffled when they added two more new songs.

I also thought Rock and a Hard Place/Saint of Me would've made the cut, since they were the fan faves in concert.

Anyway, I'm glad it isn't chronological.
08-19-02 06:25 PM
luridchief Ack! I actually PREFER stuff that's chronological--I'm kind of an anal freak in that way. I'll only bitch once and say that it seems kind of . . . messy.

But I'm still buying it!

I can always make a chronological playlist in iTunes and listen to it over and over while I roll my poo into neat, little balls . . . !
08-19-02 06:45 PM
gotdablouse kinda scary that they once again close with a keith track, not a problem in itseld but this time it's called "Losing My Touch"...pretty ominous, let's see

1989 - Slipping Away
1994 - Thru and Thru
1997 - How Can I Stop ?
2002 - Losing My Touch...
08-19-02 06:51 PM
Mr T where'd you hear that? is it totally legit?
08-19-02 07:04 PM
Gazza >Where is Midnight Rambler!!!!!!!!!?????????????????

Its too bloody long for this collection I'd imagine. Hard enough job squeezing 4 decades onto 150 minutes of music,so I guess they left it off for two reasons - 1) it wasnt a single (all but a couple of the 36 sonsg were singles or B-sides) 2) had they included it,they would have had to leave off two other songs.

>Where's "Saint of Me"? That was the only commercially released single from B2B. It peeked at #96 on the Billboard Hot 100. So where the Hell is it?

"Anybody seen my baby" was actually the first single from BTB and charted considerably higher than "Saint". "Out of Control" was also a single,but sold poorly. As "saint of me" only "peaked" at #96,youve basically answered your own question as to why it isnt on a "greatest hits" package...ie,it wasnt a hit!

Its a predictable and fair enough song selection for the most part,with the main surprise being the glaring omission of "Little Red Rooster" (a UK number one, and the only straight blues song ever to top the UK charts!) and to a slightly lesser extent "Time is on My side"

Also surprised to see that with one CD being on ABCKO and the second on Virgin that the two songs from "Sticky Fingers" which were both originally licensed by ABCKO (ie "Wild Horses" and "Brown Sugar") appear on separate discs here. maybe the two parties couldnt agree on what disc to put them on,so they split the difference!

I'm glad they've mixed the sequence up..it'll benefit the new recordings instead of tacking them on at the end of disc 2.
08-19-02 07:34 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
luridchief wrote:
Ack! I actually PREFER stuff that's chronological--I'm kind of an anal freak in that way. I'll only bitch once and say that it seems kind of . . . messy.

But I'm still buying it!

I can always make a chronological playlist in iTunes and listen to it over and over while I roll my poo into neat, little balls . . . !

.....I agree!- I must be anal as well, although I prefer to refer to it as obsessive compulsion. Whenever I play 'Jump Back'- I pre-program the disk.
08-19-02 07:52 PM
The Worst [quote]Gazza wrote:
As "saint of me" only "peaked" at #96,youve basically answered your own question as to why it isnt on a "greatest hits" package...ie,it wasnt a hit!

Now I think, that it's mainly a compilation of well-known songs, not considering the charts positions- "Street Fighting Man" never was in the charts at all, yet everybody knows it, while hardly anybody seems to know "Saint Of Me".
08-19-02 07:52 PM
Mr T I likeit when they mix it up more. At least when I play the CD the first several times I won't be able to predict the next track. Songs sound fresher when they are a surprise
08-19-02 07:54 PM
KeepRigid
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
1989 - Slipping Away
1994 - Thru and Thru
1997 - How Can I Stop ?

Sleep Tonight
08-19-02 07:59 PM
2000monkey I like the selection and the sequencing. I like the idea of mixing up the new ones with the old ones. It's quibbling but I had just as soon they skipped Fool To Cry and Emotional Rescue. FTC used to put Keith to sleep onstage in the 70s and as far as I know they haven't played it since. Same with ER which I don't think they ever played. Another couple of new ones would have been nice instread or a great song from Soem Girls like Respectable. Still with the remastered sound and new tracks should be major fun.
08-19-02 08:02 PM
Scot Rocks Another dissapointment is the ommission of songs like "One hit (to the body)" which I love and Hang Fire, I would have liked maybe one more track off Tattoo You anyway. However, hell it's ok, people will forever bitch about what should be on a GH, however it ain't that bad so I am pretty cool about it.

Mark
08-19-02 08:05 PM
The Worst Where are Little Red Rooster, Heart Of Stone, Play With Fire, The Spider And The Fly, 2000 Light Years From Home, No Expectations, Hot Stuff, She's So Cold and Waiting On A Friend? All of those have been singles or b-sides. Probably I have still forgotten some songs.
The songs that I would like to see dropped from the compilation are those after Tattoo You.
08-19-02 08:11 PM
Honky Tonk Man Where is "I Wanna Be Your Man"? Mick Jagger said this collection will be from 1963 -2002. So where are the first two singles? Not here because they are covers? CD 2 is extreemly flimsy in my opinion. As Mark kind of sumed up, there are some fine numbers which you would think would be on there. Didnt "Like A Rolling Stone" reach no 12 in the UK Charts? Okay its crap, but didnt "Harlem Shuffle" makew the US top Twenty.

As a collection goes, i think this is a pretty good BEST OF collection, but it shouldnt be called Greatest Hits, with some major singles missing. "Little Red Rooster" for starters. UK No 1..!

Thats it, im through with moaning

Alex
08-19-02 08:27 PM
gypsy You make a really good point there, KeepRigid. I could not agree with you more!
08-19-02 08:42 PM
The Worst
I know most everyone here hates Emotional Rescue, but it did chart as a single. Still, I think She's So Cold is probably more well-known today.

First, I hated Emotional Rescue, but now I love it and prefer it to She's So Cold. I'm surprised, that ER made the cut, as Keith hates it.

I also thought Rock and a Hard Place/Saint of Me would've made the cut, since they were the fan faves in concert.

I think, that Saint Of Me is nice and don't very much like Rock And A Hard Place.

[Edited by The Worst]
08-19-02 08:46 PM
The Worst
quote:
2000monkey wrote:
Another couple of new ones would have been nice instread or a great song from Soem Girls like Respectable.

I wouldn't want Respectable to be included on the compilation- it belongs to the songs I hate.
08-19-02 09:28 PM
Boomhauer
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
kinda scary that they once again close with a keith track, not a problem in itseld but this time it's called "Losing My Touch"...pretty ominous, let's see

1989 - Slipping Away
1994 - Thru and Thru
1997 - How Can I Stop ?

Sorry to kill your vibe, but it's really not so scary at all. Voodoo Lounge closed with that swinging rock song "Mean Dispostion". So, so far it's only a one record streak, and now two, I guess.
08-19-02 09:43 PM
KeepRigid No, he's right. Mean Disposition was a bonus track for the cd release, the album 'officially' ends at Thru and Thru.
08-19-02 09:55 PM
Boomhauer You shittin' me? I had no idea. Damn, just killed my vibe.

lol
08-19-02 10:30 PM
Im_Shattered where are all the classics play with fire, heart of stone, time is on my side, heartbreaker, waiting on a friend....
08-19-02 10:32 PM
Mr T define 'bonus track'. it was put on the origional release - right? is there anything special about it/is it only available i a certain region. I don't doubt that your right I just wonder what seperate Mean Disposition from the other tracks.
08-19-02 10:47 PM
KeepRigid
quote:
Mr T wrote:
define 'bonus track'.

It wasn't included on either the vinyl or tape versions. Just the CD.
08-19-02 10:53 PM
Mr T ahh - I never knew that

I wonder why - I think it's part of the better half of the album (apart from a couple outtakes I really liked)
08-19-02 10:57 PM
The Worst
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Okay its crap, but didnt "Harlem Shuffle" makew the US top Twenty.
Alex

Like "Dirty Work" (the single, which peaked at #10), Harlem Shuffle made the US top ten (peaked at #8). Stuff, that everybody has bought, even though nobody confesses it...
08-19-02 11:06 PM
The Worst
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
Another dissapointment is the ommission of songs like "One hit (to the body)" which I love and Hang Fire, I would have liked maybe one more track off Tattoo You anyway.

Talking about tracks from Tattoo You, I would like to hear Neighbors on the new release- everybody seems to hate this song, but I love it. And it would fit in well, as it was a b-side.
08-19-02 11:11 PM
Mr T Neighbors is good. I like all of Tattoo You. Just recently I've been really digging that album again - especially the second half
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road