ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Twickenham Rugby Ground, London 20th August
© Leon Neal with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dodger Stadium show starts at 5:30 pm.....Hmmm Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st August 2006 07:55 PM
mac_daddy jb - as for the wide open thing, i blame the way the ticket sales are being handled - the presales, the postsales, the fanclub sales, the prices - it is all bullsh*t.

BUT

look at the gigs city by city on this tour - los angeles has had the best of the bunch. more debuts, tight performances, long setlists with more diversity than was shown anywhere else, and by many accounts, the best shows of the tour have been here (forum, 2x hollywood bowl). and for the licks tour, there are many (gazza included) who will tell you that the angels stadium gig was the best stadium show ever witnessed (by any band), and the wiltern and staples center gigs were off the hook, too. b2b and the sw tour have already been touched upon in this thread, but they were winners, too...

1981, 1975, 1972, 1969 - absolutely legendary; some of the finest live rock performances EVER.

i would argue that the city of angels is very much stones country - the fans know it, and the band knows it. this is why i believe we will see a second show here...

as for being wide open, i dont know about that, although i gotta say, it seems like all field seats @ the ravine are $450, and that is friggin' weak! but i am guessing it will be sold out. by the by - i am still raising money for chla (via the men's guild), so if you (jb) would like to make another round of matching donations for a wager on the box office receipts of the soCal gig(s), i would be down - this is the "doin' it for the kids" tour, after all...

but amex and amex gold $150 only gets you to field box level - good seats, location-wise, but still, it aint the field...

the only fields i saw were in the rear, and they were all going for $450 (amex and amex gold)...

curiously - the tix i pulled with amex presale were slightly better than the ones i pulled with the amex gold presale - wtf is up with that..? and why are these going off the same day as the legacy fanclub - that's f*cked; there should be at least a day for legacy fanclub only...

_____

now, as for the MOST important stones/soCal issue - when will the second gig be announced..? where do you think it will be..? i am thinking it will be a reprise @ the forum...

21st August 2006 08:19 PM
pdog If it's the forum two days after Dodgers, I'm pretty much gonna be there. I'll make the time happen. The 20th is the rumored date, no?
21st August 2006 08:29 PM
mac_daddy
the 20th or the 21st are the two dates i have seen bandied about...

21st August 2006 08:29 PM
doo doo doo Dude Lots of lawyers & Jews in LA with mucho $$$. They can afford these outrageous prices.
21st August 2006 09:14 PM
Dan The last Forum show didn't even sell out as far as I could tell. I don't think the arena show will be LA at all, I am thinking San Diego Sports Arena.
21st August 2006 09:21 PM
mac_daddy well, i would go down there in a heartbeat... good call.

who do you think the opened at the ravine is gonna be..?
21st August 2006 09:27 PM
Dan
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
well, i would go down there in a heartbeat... good call.

who do you think the opened at the ravine is gonna be..?

I am betting and even somewhat hoping it will be something super lame since I don't want to buy advance tickets. Maybe Dave Matthews band again?
21st August 2006 09:29 PM
mac_daddy do you know dmb is charging the same $$ the stones did @ the bowl..? and you can still pull top level tix...

21st August 2006 09:31 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

I am betting and even somewhat hoping it will be something super lame since I don't want to buy advance tickets. Maybe Dave Matthews band again?

With the show starting so early, it's gonna be two openers and one is going to be major. The time allotted pretty much spells that out. Full set for a big opener. Even if it's only one, they've made the point, the opener is playing a full set.
21st August 2006 11:10 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:

With the show starting so early, it's gonna be two openers and one is going to be major. The time allotted pretty much spells that out. Full set for a big opener. Even if it's only one, they've made the point, the opener is playing a full set.

Wonder if Gnarls Barkley will qualify as major by the time November rolls around?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)