ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Twickenham Rugby Ground, London 20th August
© Leon Neal with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dodger Stadium show starts at 5:30 pm.....Hmmm Return to archive Page: 1 2
18th August 2006 05:34 PM
GimmeExile I think we're going to have a major opening act...or two!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0B003D10E346A54B?artistid=806216&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1
18th August 2006 05:40 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
I think we're going to have a major opening act...or two!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0B003D10E346A54B?artistid=806216&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

It will be KISS, then afterwards Mick and Gene will talk about how to construct the joint STONES/KISS coffehouse in Myrtle Beach, SC!, LOL
[Edited by RollingstonesUSA]
18th August 2006 06:47 PM
mac_daddy i am expecting big things from this gig - they have their work cut out for them if they aspire o top their last local performance (that scorcher of a gig at the fabulous forum)...

18th August 2006 06:55 PM
Dan
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
i am expecting big things from this gig - they have their work cut out for them if they aspire o top their last local performance (that scorcher of a gig at the fabulous forum)...

Precisely why I never cared if they came back or why I am not even placing too much importance in this gig. It will be impossible, especially in a venue with few decent seats. (I prefer football stadiums with closer side stage seats).

I doubt the openers will be announced until ticket sales are accessed though.
18th August 2006 07:01 PM
mac_daddy i am with you, dan. that forum gig was special. and is likely the band was in its finest form (that i will witness). but i still want to go see them if they are in town. i think we get a second, yet-to-be-announced, gig, too...

18th August 2006 08:30 PM
doo doo doo Dude Not crazy about the venue (saw them there for B2B in '97) but it is the last show of the tour so it should be special.

Totally agree that it will be hard to top the Forum gig though as far as performance.
18th August 2006 08:33 PM
pdog I just noticed G&R will be playing in SF soon. A repeat of 1989?
RHCP's are also a LA band, that I believe where on that bill then too.
I expect big things, but I'm not holding my breath.
Maybe The Who and Aeroshit too! Just kidding...
18th August 2006 08:41 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
Not crazy about the venue (saw them there for B2B in '97) but it is the last show of the tour so it should be special.

Totally agree that it will be hard to top the Forum gig though as far as performance.

man, was that nine years ago..? that show was pretty good, but i like the abb gigs better. that was the tour they did that faux-internet thing, where they played whatever was the highest voted tune, right..? that was such a sham...

definitely want to be in the outfield for this gig...

aerosmith (first of all - f*ck them, keep that sh*t in boston, where it came from, and far the h3ll away from me :P )..? gnr..? rhcp..? funk that, i want van, dylan or the boss
18th August 2006 08:54 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
pdog wrote:

I just noticed G&R will be playing in SF soon. A repeat of 1989?
RHCP's are also a LA band, that I believe where on that bill then too.

Actually it was Living Color. Chili Peppers opened for some VL shows in '94 but not in L.A.

quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

man, was that nine years ago..? that show was pretty good, but i like the abb gigs better. that was the tour they did that faux-internet thing, where they played whatever was the highest voted tune, right..? that was such a sham...

LOL. That was one of Jagger's lamer tour gimmicks.
18th August 2006 09:05 PM
pdog I'm speculating, but not in a serious way.
It is interesting the show is set to start so early. They had Everclear go on pretty early in SF, after they added Metallica. I think it will be safe to assume this will be a big name band with a third band to open the show so early.
Now we just need to figure out who it is.
18th August 2006 09:07 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
pdog wrote:
I'm speculating, but not in a serious way.
It is interesting the show is set to start so early. They had Everclear go on pretty early in SF, after they added Metallica. I think it will be safe to assume this will be a big name band with a third band to open the show so early.
Now we just need to figure out who it is.

exactly.
21st August 2006 01:47 PM
GimmeExile Full-pag ad in the LA Times yesterday for the AMEX pre-sale this morning.

[Edited by GimmeExile]
21st August 2006 02:10 PM
jb LA never has been nor will be this time a Stones city....they are more interested in speed metal, the Eagles, or crap like Red Hot Chili Peppers.
21st August 2006 02:41 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
LA never has been nor will be this time a Stones city....

4 nights at the Coliseum in 1989, 2 nights at the Rose Bowl in 1994, 2 nights at Dodger Stadium in 1997...

quote:

they are more interested in speed metal, the Eagles, or crap like Red Hot Chili Peppers.

We do get a much more diverse range of entertainment than most cities. Hell, there are quite a few bands I would see over the Stones at this point should there be any scheduling conflicts.
21st August 2006 02:44 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

4 nights at the Coliseum in 1989, 2 nights at the Rose Bowl in 1994, 2 nights at Dodger Stadium in 1997...

We do get a much more diverse range of entertainment than most cities. Hell, there are quite a few bands I would see over the Stones at this point should there be any scheduling conflicts.

Ancient history,..1989 was a hit in virtually every city....LA, imo, hates the Stones-and truthfully, alwasy has preferred bands like Motley Crewor Generation X.
21st August 2006 02:44 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
I think we're going to have a major opening act...or two!

rap star?

or boy band?
21st August 2006 02:49 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

rap star?

or boy band?

Nick Lachey?
21st August 2006 02:50 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Ancient history,..1989 was a hit in virtually every city....LA, imo, hates the Stones-and truthfully, alwasy has preferred bands like Motley Crewor Generation X.

1989 is still among the biggest shows LA has ever seen. The only thing bigger was The Jacksons Victory Tour which did 5 or 6 nights at Dodger Stadium.

Yeah Motley Crue almost sold out the Forum last tour. I scored a ticket for $20. Don't think Generation X played here. Billy Idol plays here often, most recently 3rd on a festival bill. I saw Sigue Sigue Sputnik in front of dozens at the Key Club a few years ago with Tony James of Generation X. They did some of SFTD. Either one of the best or one of the worst shows I have ever seen and one of the best recordings I have ever made.
21st August 2006 02:51 PM
jb Who is your favorite band?
21st August 2006 02:55 PM
Altamont I predict the Voodoopugs will open.
21st August 2006 02:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Altamont wrote:
I predict the Voodoopugs will open.

to my knowledge, they are not a complete band at this time, but I am not sure.
21st August 2006 02:57 PM
Altamont
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Maybe they could get Sammy Hagar to take over your role as singer?
21st August 2006 02:57 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I watched Elvis at Caesar'ss Palace circa 1970...he knew how to use a cape.
21st August 2006 03:01 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
Dan wrote:

1989 is still among the biggest shows LA has ever seen. The only thing bigger was The Jacksons Victory Tour which did 5 or 6 nights at Dodger Stadium.

Springsteen concluded his marathon Born in the USA tour with 4 sold-out shows at the LA Coliseum.

Los Angeles is very much a major Stones city. They love it here...always have, always will.
21st August 2006 03:04 PM
jb
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:

Springsteen concluded his marathon Born in the USA tour with 4 sold-out shows at the LA Coliseum.

Los Angeles is very much a major Stones city. They love it here...always have, always will.

Why then, is Oakland and Dodgers going to be wide opeN???? Why???
21st August 2006 03:08 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
jb wrote:

By the time Keith hits the first chord on November 18, Dodger Stadium will be filled...I can guaran-damn-tee it.

21st August 2006 03:14 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Market saturation and high ticket prices, silly.
21st August 2006 03:15 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
Who is your favorite band?

Right now? Peeping Tom.
21st August 2006 03:47 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Right now? Peeping Tom.

Not the Stones???
21st August 2006 03:49 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Not the Stones???

Well, they were up until May 30 when the Peeping Tom debut was released. It was a life changing day for sure. I will never be the same.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)