ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Prince of Walles Trust Concert, Hyde Park, London June 29, 1996
By Neal Preston

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: well, what happened... Return to archive Page: 1 2
08-20-02 08:35 AM
corgi37 Friendly lot of stones fans are'nt we? Seems some people cant handle other having an opinion that differs from them. Some people need a aspirin and a good lie down. Such is life. The new single sounds great. Hard to tell from the quality just how great, but better than anything in the charts thats for sure. By the way gypsy, i'm from Melbourne. I saw the stones twice the mcg in 95, and i wont even begin to tell you about the show at the corner hotel jagger did back in 88.
08-20-02 10:06 AM
Sir Stonesalot Corgi ol boy, I'm not the one who started throwing the word "fuckwit" around.

GMF threw an opinion out there, I told him I thought he was full of crap. I still think he's full of crap. That doesn't mean I think he's full of crap about EVERYTHING. Just this 40 Licks thing.

I don't dislike the guy, hell, I don't even know him. The simple fact that he says he loves the Stones makes him OK in my book.

Life on these message boards is a little different. If you throw an opinion out on an open forum like this, you better be ready to take some shit about it. We don't all agree on everything, big deal. But if your skin is so thin that you can't take a couple of pokes, then you ain't gonna last long.
08-20-02 10:38 AM
nankerphelge Hence the chain-mail and suit of armor! He hath battled amongst all far and wide, and no one pokes the good knight without getting a poke or two in return. I mean that in the most manly of ways, of course.
08-20-02 10:43 AM
Sir Stonesalot My sword is so sharp that even the dreaded wolf puss cowers at my feet!
08-20-02 12:18 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
My sword is so sharp that even the dreaded wolf puss cowers at my feet!

Oh God, I see a wolf puss discussion on the horizon!!!!!!!

lol

Mark
08-21-02 01:26 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Corgi ol boy, I'm not the one who started throwing the word "fuckwit" around.

GMF threw an opinion out there, I told him I thought he was full of crap. I still think he's full of crap. That doesn't mean I think he's full of crap about EVERYTHING. Just this 40 Licks thing.

I don't dislike the guy, hell, I don't even know him. The simple fact that he says he loves the Stones makes him OK in my book.

Life on these message boards is a little different. If you throw an opinion out on an open forum like this, you better be ready to take some shit about it. We don't all agree on everything, big deal. But if your skin is so thin that you can't take a couple of pokes, then you ain't gonna last long.

....Fair comment Sir Stonesy....I guess "fuckwit" was a little over the top, in comparisson to "Bullshit, and hogwash"...And you can take this however you like; but I do admire anyones undying loyalty to "The Band", especially in the face of such anti- Stones rhetoric that comes from the press.........."It's only Rock'n Roll"
08-21-02 01:34 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Friendly lot of stones fans are'nt we? Seems some people cant handle other having an opinion that differs from them. Some people need a aspirin and a good lie down. Such is life. The new single sounds great. Hard to tell from the quality just how great, but better than anything in the charts thats for sure. By the way gypsy, i'm from Melbourne. I saw the stones twice the mcg in 95, and i wont even begin to tell you about the show at the corner hotel jagger did back in 88.

....HIYA! Corgi, I'm from just outside Melbourne, Frankston; you might know of it. I saw Jagger in '88 at The Tennis centre, and I have The Bridge Hotel on video,well some of it. Saw them at The "G" the same week I got married in '95. Tried as a 12 year old to sneak off to Kooyong for the '73 concert but got busted. Here's hoping the Australian leg of this world tour doesn't turn out to be pie in the Melbourne sky. Cheers for now Gypsymofo60.
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road