ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, August 2007
© (while we get some pix of tonight's show)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dublin pre-shows Return to archive Page: 1 2
16th August 2007 02:40 PM
jaymze Glencar

You got mail!
16th August 2007 03:17 PM
glencar Now you do too, James!
17th August 2007 01:11 PM
Gazza Weekend just got off to a good start.

Gearoid (Irelandcalling) just called me to say he was going down St Stephens Green in a cab, looked out the window and who's standing outside the Shelbourne Hotel with a couple of bodyguards and checking his cellphone, but one Ronald Wood.

Our man screams at the taxi driver to stop, runs out of the cab only to be told by a bodyguard that Ronnie isnt signing anything. Ronnie insisted it was ok, signed a bank note for him and even posed for a photo (hopefully to be uploaded later!)

Nice one!
17th August 2007 01:21 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Weekend just got off to a good start.

Gearoid (Irelandcalling) just called me to say he was going down St Stephens Green in a cab, looked out the window and who's standing outside the Shelbourne Hotel with a couple of bodyguards and checking his cellphone, but one Ronald Wood.

Our man screams at the taxi driver to stop, runs out of the cab only to be told by a bodyguard that Ronnie isnt signing anything. Ronnie insisted it was ok, signed a bank note for him and even posed for a photo (hopefully to be uploaded later!)

Nice one!

Fantastic!!!
RO...where the Stones feel at home!!!!
Gazza please check your email!!!

LJ.
17th August 2007 02:29 PM
PartyDoll MEG Ireland Calling has sent photos to my email..will post them when I get home!!!
17th August 2007 04:43 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Weekend just got off to a good start.

Nice one!

Sweet! We're off to a good start!
17th August 2007 05:07 PM
charlotte ok partydoll, get your skinny ass home, I have a cold beer waiting on you...now, upload the picture!!!
17th August 2007 05:14 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
charlotte wrote:
ok partydoll, get your skinny ass home, I have a cold beer waiting on you...now, upload the picture!!!

My ass is home..and no photos as "dumb ass" left the "i" out of her email address when sending it to him..so hold on to your pants for now....have a few more beers..

as I am sure that is what IrelandCalling is doing.....

(PS you might be drinking until tomorrow. But rest assured, I sent him good old Gazza's email too!)

On second thought... did I spell Gazza's right?...
17th August 2007 05:25 PM
PartyDoll MEG This just in from Ireland Calling....

"Boozing at moment, under a drunk cloud. I'll sort it out in the morning..."

Called that one...
Those damn Irishmen.....gotta keep your priorities straight ya know!!

17th August 2007 05:36 PM
Erik_Snow
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
You are one lucky fellow..
Enjoy and see you in London town soon!!

Yea see you next week MegDoll
I think it's gonna rain again tomorrow...! But the band seem to get heated up about that.
17th August 2007 05:39 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Erik_Snow wrote:

Yea see you next week MegDoll
I think it's gonna rain again tomorrow...! But the band seem to get heated up about that.

Are you at Slane too, Erik? If so, I hope you have some of those sexy wellies and make sure Gazza gets a photo of them, OK?!!!!!!

See ya in London Town!!

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
17th August 2007 05:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
This just in from Ireland Calling....

"Boozing at moment, under a drunk cloud. I'll sort it out in the morning..."

Called that one...
Those damn Irishmen.....gotta keep your priorities straight ya know!!

The English contingent arent doing too bad either. From Flairville, "just had a few with StrayCatUK - he's wasted, bless him..."
17th August 2007 06:05 PM
PartyDoll MEG I was hoping we'd get a little of this...must be a lot of it about now

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
17th August 2007 06:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
I was hoping we'd get a little of this...must be a lot of it about now

'Auld Dubliner'! That used to be Ronnie's local! Many of the Stones fans will be either in there or next door in Gogarty's at this exact moment.
17th August 2007 09:31 PM
mojoman hope ya'll have a grand time!!!
18th August 2007 06:21 AM
Gazza Here ya go, folks..Gearoid's pics with Ronnie

18th August 2007 07:14 AM
PartyDoll MEG Great ones!! Way to go IrelandCalling!!
18th August 2007 08:56 AM
open-g Great pics - thank you.

how about the local warm-up act

18th August 2007 09:10 AM
LadyJane

Outstanding!!!
This had been a great year for RO/Stones meetings.

I expect a pic of SV, MEG and Bitch sitting on Mick's lap!!!

LJ.
18th August 2007 04:43 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Here ya go, folks..Gearoid's pics with Ronnie

The only Stone that managed to elude us! Nice going, Geroid!
18th August 2007 05:10 PM
GotToRollMe Rocker Ron's out painting the town - and the people too

Jess Starik and Olivia Evans hang a painting at the exhibition of Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood's paintings and portraits at the Project Office. Pic: Steve Humphreys

By Louise Hogan
Friday August 17 2007

IT'S only art . . . but we like it. On the eve of the Rolling Stones concert in Slane, there's no rest for craggy rocker Ronnie Wood, as he's taking time out to paint the town.

With a dash of pencil, and maybe a splash of colour thrown in, that is.

Never mind putting the feet up tonight ahead of their performance in old-style grandeur in the Co Meath venue, the 60-year-old will be launching his own exhibition of 60 art and screen prints close to Dublin Castle.

And for those feeling the pinch after stumping up for tickets for Lord Henry Mountcharles' annual music fest, the good news - a glimpse of the rocker's portraits will cost them absolutely nothing.

Over the next few days many a Stones fan, and one or two art lovers, are expected to stroll past his exhibition of portraits and paintings in the Project Office in Dublin's Temple Bar.

The guitarist's array of paintings and etchings feature many of his rock star pals, landscapes and animals.

His portraits of well-known icons, include one of his fellow bandmates, The Rolling Stones, entitled 'A Bigger Bang'.

Other eye-catching pictures adorning the walls include Jack Nicholson, Bob Dylan, Billie Holiday, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix, Marvin Gaye and Miles Davis.

Curator Olivia Evans said there were also pictures showing his family life in Co Kildare, including paintings of his wife Jo and his racehorses.

"They depict a much softer, more sensitive family side of him," Ms. Evans said.

Wood will be hosting a private viewing of his exhibition tonight, but from tomorrow Saturday until August 22, the art will be open to the public at the Project Office. And for those eager to snap up a bit of rock 'n' roll culture, both the originals and prints will be available for purchase.

Wood has gained a reputation as an acclaimed artist and prices range from E850 for a print to E73,900 for an original.

Trained in the Ealing College of Art in London before joining the Stones, he has shown his work in Ireland several times in the past.

Around a quarter of a century after they first rocked the rustic venue, Wood, with bandmates Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts, will be expected to strut on stage after 8pm tomorrow.

This season's ultimate festival garb - the trusty wellies - have also been touted as a must-have.

Around 460 gardai will be on duty for the event, a field hospital has been installed on site and drainage is in place.

- Louise Hogan

Link: http://www.independent.ie/national-news/rocker-rons-out-painting-the-town--and-the-people-too-1061067.html

-----------------------------------------------

A Rolling Stone gathers art fans . . . guitarist Wood holds own exhibition

By Louise Hogan
Saturday August 18 2007

The trademark stage swagger was already in place but at Ronnie Wood's art exhibition in the heart of Dublin last night, it was all about the paintings.

He may have had the customary twinkle in the eye, sparkle in the ear and the rock-star skinny jeans but tonight's concert in Co Meath, with bandmates Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts, was far from his mind.

The guitarist was the centre of attention at a private viewing of his latest art exhibition in the Project Office in Dublin's Temple Bar, and greeted his portraits of iconic rock stars like they were old pals.

"Bob Dylan - I haven't seen it for years," he said as he passed one of his 60 works.

Some of the paintings date back to the '80s in New York and San Francisco.

"I've always painted all my life," he said.

Prices for the works varied from E850 for a screenprint to E73,900 for an original. A painting of his Co Kildare home was tagged at E31,580, and a screenprint of the 'Bigger Bang' at E7,375.

The exhibition, which is free and open to the public, runs until August 22.

Organisers said some people might be sceptical about celebrity art, but Wood (60) had trained at the Ealing College of Art in London before music took over.

Musical and artistic talent also ran in the family as his father, Arthur Wood, was an amateur musician; while his older brothers Art and Ted attended art school.

But the rocker divulged that his bandmates also take an interest in his art.

"I said to Mick 'what time do you get in on Friday, about five? Right, you are coming to my exhibition'," Wood jokingly told RTE News. "They take a genuine interest, Charlie is kind of, 'I like that one, I don't like that one'. And Keith's a bit critical, but they know I can paint and they say go ahead."

With a home located in the heart of horse country, Co Kildare, the breeder has turned the brush to the thoroughbreds as well as jockey Lester Piggott.

Standing before the picture of the diminutive jockey, Wood said he took photographs to aid his memory for painting his portraits.

There have been rumours tonight's big concert before 70,000 people in Lord Henry Mountcharles' estate might be the Stones' last gig in Ireland.

However, Wood has promised more exhibitions and his next one will contain some of his paintings of the dancers from the Royal Ballet.

A major security and traffic operation was underway on all the routes into Co Meath today as tens of thousands of people set out for the music event.

As well as packing the trusty wellies, concert-goers have been urged to avail of public transport and motorists have been warned to expect delays.

Car parks will be located in four places - on the N51 at the Navan road and Drogheda Road, the R163 on the Kells Road and the N2 south of Slane village.

- Louise Hogan

Link: http://www.independent.ie/national-news/a-rolling-stone-gathers-art-fans----guitarist-wood-holds-own-exhibition-1061692.html

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)