ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, August 2007
© (while we get some pix of tonight's show)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dublin pre-shows Return to archive Page: 1 2
13th August 2007 03:51 AM
Stray Cat UK I know this has been mentioned before,but nothing was confirmed for the Friday night before the show.
A couple of bars were mentioned,I think they where both in Temple bar area.
From what I have heard,the place will be packed on a friday night wherever we go,so we or other boards won't be taking over anywhere anyway.

Can anyone remember the places and can we,if there's interest, have this stickied please Gazza ?

I think the meeting place on the day is already decided .............Golden circle A !

see you at the weekend !

sc uk
13th August 2007 06:56 AM
albert see you next saturday in Golden Circle A.
Look for a Dutch (red, white &blue) flag saying: Dutch Rocks Off Chapter.

gr,
Albert
Holland
13th August 2007 07:12 AM
Gazza Stickied as requested

I would imagine that the pubs in Temple Bar would be Gogarty's (or Oliver St John Gogarty's to give it it's full title) or The Auld Dubliner (which used to be a haunt of Mr Ronald Wood), which are next to each other in Fleet Street

Both will be pretty packed on any night of the week. You'll have a great time, sorry I wont be joining you.
13th August 2007 09:27 AM
Stray Cat UK thanks Gazza.

Sorry you won't be joining us,but I'm sure I'll just listen for the loudest bunch of people on Saturday and I'll find you in the crowd !

weather forcast fog and light rain !
Keith may have to "light one up" so we can locate him.

now where did I put those wellies?..................

sc uk
13th August 2007 01:53 PM
Erik_Snow Is there any bar where one can meet at Slane Castle I wonder ?
[Edited by Erik_Snow]
13th August 2007 02:13 PM
glencar I might have plans for a party on Friday night in North Dublin but I'll try to get into Dublin in the mid-afternoon & I shall endeavo(u)r to find Gogarty's & the Auld Dubliner. I'll look for Dutch flags. I shall certainly see all on Saturday in Golden Circle A!
13th August 2007 02:24 PM
open-g
quote:
Erik_Snow wrote:
Is there any bar where one can meet at Slane Castle I wonder ?
[Edited by Erik_Snow]

Good grief - did you set your house on fire or underwater?
13th August 2007 02:50 PM
Gazza
quote:
Erik_Snow wrote:
[Edited by Erik_Snow]

It would pretty hard to arrange, Erik. Theres a couple of pubs in the little narrow road near the castle grounds, but you can imagine what its like with 60,000 people converging on a village of about 700 inhabitants.

I havent been to Slane in 12 years but although theres a bar at the top of the hill and over to the right (in the direction of the castle) when you get in, I'd like to think there'll be bar facilites adjacent to the FOS area. If theres not, thats a LONG walk back down a very steep hill with a few beers in your hand!

assuming there's a bar near the Golden Circle, around that era will be a busy part for most of us. Anyway, several of us have cellphones.
13th August 2007 02:55 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I might have plans for a party on Friday night in North Dublin but I'll try to get into Dublin in the mid-afternoon & I shall endeavo(u)r to find Gogarty's & the Auld Dubliner. I'll look for Dutch flags. I shall certainly see all on Saturday in Golden Circle A!

seems that a lot of folks from the other sites have 8 pm as the time, but no doubt there'll be many there earlier.

Fleet Street is the main street that runs through Temple Bar and one block south of the river. If you're on the quay look for a record shop with a yellow facade called Rhythm Records and its just behind that, more or less. Those pubs are very very well known. You'll have no trouble finding them. There's a diner/restaurant next to them called Thunder Road and a taxi rank beside it, so you'll be able to get back to your hotels OK
13th August 2007 04:44 PM
albert [quote]Erik_Snow wrote:

for Slane (prob. friday-night?) I came across this:
"The Village Inn (Main Street,Slane): enjoy a pint in friendly surroundings and view our extensive Slane rock concert memorabilia" Sounds good?

Other pubs are: The Poets Rest, Boyles Pub (Beer garden and big screen for all matches), Slane House Bar (big screen, beer garden, large room available for private functions and meetings) and last The Last Chance.

Anyone knows our been in one of these pubs?

Anyone in Slane on friday-night already??
gr,
Albert
Holland

13th August 2007 04:56 PM
Flairville I'll be wherever StraycatUK will be, can't wait now. See you all soon
13th August 2007 05:21 PM
Gazza
quote:
albert wrote:
[quote]Erik_Snow wrote:

for Slane (prob. friday-night?) I came across this:
"The Village Inn (Main Street,Slane): enjoy a pint in friendly surroundings and view our extensive Slane rock concert memorabilia" Sounds good?

Other pubs are: The Poets Rest, Boyles Pub (Beer garden and big screen for all matches), Slane House Bar (big screen, beer garden, large room available for private functions and meetings) and last The Last Chance.

Anyone knows our been in one of these pubs?

Anyone in Slane on friday-night already??
gr,
Albert
Holland

Cant see why youd want to be in Slane on the Friday night if you have to get back to Dublin. Long way to go back without public transport from the middle of nowhere..
13th August 2007 05:33 PM
Stray Cat UK I think it's got to be Temple bar area as that's probably accessable for most of us.

The 2 mentioned above look good and are near each other.
I'm going to check out the "other" boards and see what else(if anything)is planned. FRIDAY NIGHT IS PARTY NIGHT !

sc uk
13th August 2007 07:05 PM
Gazza Jaymze and Irelandcalling(Gearoid) also suggested this place, "Bruxelles"

http://novogate.com/board/968/238137-1.html
13th August 2007 11:38 PM
Bitch If you're lucky enough to be IRISH, you're lucky enough!
14th August 2007 03:49 AM
Erik_Snow If we can't find a bar, how about a destillery?
Hey there open-g!
Gazza, could you please send me a phone-messagge, so I'll have your number again. I've had a phone crash, and lost my computer...and can't seem log in to IORR as I can't remember my password....and I find myself in a strange city, it's a bloody mess I'll say...! And where's my Stones records?
The reason is that I've been moving down south - it's too hot down here!
See you later - good thing I remember the RO password.
[Edited by Erik_Snow]
14th August 2007 06:25 AM
albert [quote]Gazza wrote:

Cant see why youd want to be in Slane on the Friday night if you have to get back to Dublin. Long way to go back without public transport from the middle of nowhere..

Albert:
I'll arrive in Slane next thursday and stay/sleep there for three days (gonna do some cultural things/ sightseeing). Leave on sunday to Dublin. Home monday night.
14th August 2007 07:37 AM
Gazza Erik.

I sent you a text message after I got your PM last night, but didnt get a reply. Did you receive it ok?
14th August 2007 08:23 AM
Erik_Snow
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Erik.

I sent you a text message after I got your PM last night, but didnt get a reply. Did you receive it ok?

Hi Gazza - oh did you send it? THanks,
but I haven't recieved it. Please send yours on the RO-PM-system, in case there's still a problem. I've changed "phone-operator-system" - and maybe it blocks calls from other countries
ERik
[Edited by Erik_Snow]
14th August 2007 12:09 PM
Gazza battery needs a recharge. will try later
14th August 2007 08:04 PM
Stray Cat UK I think about 50 shidoobs will be at the hard rock cafe whereever that is ?

This calls for a r'n'r pub crawl .

sc uk
15th August 2007 06:14 PM
lotsajizz I fly out tomorrow night, rent a car in Shannon and I should be at Slane in plenty of time to hang with ol' friends from Crossmaglen....a part of Ireland I doubt many of the non-native population knows too well....
15th August 2007 06:35 PM
jaymze I'm heading to Bruxelles on friday night, meeting Irelandcalling at about 7.30-8 if anyone is in the neighbourhood! Its a central pub and not too far from Temple Bar if thats where the party ends up! Should be a good night wherever people go to.

If anyone wants to meet up or arrange anything then please PM me and I'll send you on my Irish mobile number.
15th August 2007 08:27 PM
PartyDoll MEG If any of you Slane participants wanna send photos from your phone of your drunk asses in the pubs or your rain/mud/sunburned bodies during the concert, or real time photos of the Main Attraction... PM me and I'll give you my email address to send them to..
16th August 2007 10:13 AM
Martha All of you are gonna have a BLAST! I await the photos and texts with bated breath.

Have at it!

Safe journey to all!

xxoo,
Martha
16th August 2007 12:59 PM
glencar Too many choices! I have a private party to attend in North Dublin at 830PM so I'll make it to Dublin Center at 5PM or so & try the Hard Rock & then Bruxelles at 7PM or so. I hope I meet some of you! BTW My cellphone doesn't work "across the pond" but I will try to buy a disposable one so feel free to PM me yer cell #'s!
16th August 2007 01:20 PM
Erik_Snow £@!£*$$!!!
Just realized that I have bought 2 'return' flightickets on Sunday, instead of 1 ticket each way!!! I did this months ago, and didn't notice the error before this evening.
How slow can a brain operate?? Well - one minute ago I got a flight for tomorrow can't believe my luck. It's 80 euro out the window - but I deserved it
can't wait for the concert
[Edited by Erik_Snow]
16th August 2007 01:38 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Erik_Snow wrote:
£@!£*$$!!!
Just realized that I have bought 2 'return' flightickets on Sunday, instead of 1 ticket each way!!! I did this months ago, and didn't notice the error before this evening.
How slow can a brain operate?? Well - one minute ago I got a flight for tomorrow can't believe my luck. It's 80 euro out the window - but I deserved it
can't wait for the concert
[Edited by Erik_Snow]

You are one lucky fellow..
Enjoy and see you in London town soon!!
16th August 2007 01:52 PM
Stray Cat UK I'm meeting flairville at gogarty's at 7 pm and will go on from there !

sc uk
16th August 2007 02:26 PM
jaymze SC UK

Got your message, will text you from my Irish phone tomorrow afternoon. See you tomorrow evening somewhere!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)