ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

El Ejido according to local witness Stoning!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stever Miller Bashes The Stones.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
18th August 2006 08:58 AM
gimmekeef Well...sounds like for the first time in a long time we're 100% on something....Good thread!.....Have we kicked his ass enough?
18th August 2006 09:05 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
egon wrote:
What a joker...

And a smoker.
And a midnight toker.

18th August 2006 09:06 AM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

And a smoker.
And a midnight toker.

Some people call him Maurice.
18th August 2006 09:12 AM
egon and some peope call him a wanker.

& then there's the peeps that call him a softcock

or so i've heard...
18th August 2006 10:41 AM
Saint Sway its hard to defend the Stones these days over certain things...

but at the very top of the list of people who have NO right to say anything about 1) Mick's physique, 2) Mick's stage show and 3) the Stones STILL touring is that fat oldies act Steve Miller.

in case your curious, I've compiled a list of people who should NEVER complain about the Stones age, their bodies, or the fact that they still tour.

1. Steve Miller
2. Whatevers left of The Beach Boys
3. Jimmy Buffet
4. Billy Joel
5. Whatevers left of The Grateful Dead
18th August 2006 10:56 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
its hard to defend the Stones these days over certain things...

but at the very top of the list of people who have NO right to say anything about 1) Mick's physique, 2) Mick's stage show and 3) the Stones STILL touring is that fat oldies act Steve Miller.

in case your curious, I've compiled a list of people who should NEVER complain about the Stones age, their bodies, or the fact that they still tour.

1. Steve Miller
2. Whatevers left of The Beach Boys
3. Jimmy Buffet
4. Billy Joel
5. Whatevers left of The Grateful Dead

Agreed. But when have any of the Grateful Dead slagged off the Stones? The Dead love the Stones. I heard them do a killer cover of "The Last Time" back in '92 or so.
18th August 2006 11:23 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Agreed. But when have any of the Grateful Dead slagged off the Stones? The Dead love the Stones. I heard them do a killer cover of "The Last Time" back in '92 or so.

they haven't, nor do i think they would. sway indicated they "should never" and, rightly so. the dead have always had the same approach/vision/preference to music as the stones - playing live.

only if the stones could rotate their sets and songs on a regular basis as the dead did and ratdog and PLAF still do!
18th August 2006 11:41 AM
mojoman
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

the stones were a big influence on the grateful dead. they shared a common musical heritage. in their early daze they covered satisfaction along with johnny b goode, hi heeled sneakers, not fade away, king bee, walkin the dog, i just wanna make love to you, pain in my heart, little red rooster, all over now and around and around. jerry also covered let it rock and lets spend the night together. nicky hopkins played with jerry and sam cutler managed for awhile.
18th August 2006 11:55 AM
Lazy Bones jerry has also covered honky tonk women, think and wild horses.
18th August 2006 11:57 AM
Jeep .
18th August 2006 12:07 PM
jb I hope Steve Miller does not read the article about London sales.
18th August 2006 12:09 PM
mojoman
quote:
jb wrote:
I hope Steve Miller does not read the article about London sales.

he probably could have sold a few more tickets to make it less humiliating
19th August 2006 09:54 AM
rollmops Bon jovi, david gilmour, steve miller; here you have it. A nice kebab of frigging assholes. Fuck them and anybody how doesn't get it. The rolling stones on stage are the best rock and roll act. I saw them fifth row in Baltimore in 2006, and they blew my mind away. They are just fantastic.
Mops
19th August 2006 10:23 AM
mojoman
quote:
rollmops wrote:
The rolling stones on stage are the best rock and roll act. I saw them fifth row in Baltimore in 2006, and they blew my mind away. They are just fantastic.
Mops

that was a great show. praying that atlantic city will be as good!!!
19th August 2006 11:23 AM
GotToRollMe Less of a joker, and more of a joke.
What a turd.
19th August 2006 11:32 AM
ComeAsYouAre I saw Steve Miller back in 1979. He was great! I like the guy and his music pre mid-70s which was all about having fun. Jealous? C'mon.
19th August 2006 05:14 PM
MikeyC613 Baltimore 2/1/06, unreal show. Busted out Love is Strong, All Down the Line. Gimme Shelter followed by Midnight Rambler was devastating.
20th August 2006 06:23 AM
corgi37 Mick Jagger may be many things, but flabby arms??

No wonder some people call this cunt Maurice.
20th August 2006 09:27 AM
Olompali Miller compares himself to jazz? Miles Davis singled him out by name as a phony from the Fillmore in his autobiography.
The Allmans don't have players that "drop out" They die or get FIRED. Their current lineup has a lead guitarist in his 20's.
They don't deserve the credit or praise they receive for longevity. It's a brand name with a revolving door spinning with musicians. Only Gregg and the drummers are left from the original band. They fired founding member and creative force Dickey Betts for, get this, being high.

20th August 2006 09:52 AM
lotsajizz until Dickie is let back in, the Allmans are dead to me....Gregg is a talented musician but a real fucking asshole as a person....

Dickie was the best thing about the ABB

20th August 2006 07:58 PM
Nellcote C'mon, Duane Allman was the best thing about ABB!
BTW, are you in the 1st 1500 @ McCoy Thursday?
20th August 2006 08:07 PM
lotsajizz no...gotta work 'till 7...hope to get in in time to see Jimmy Vaughn though, if not Junior Brown...

et tu, Pietro?

and go Schilling!
20th August 2006 08:12 PM
Nellcote 330P
Blue Moon w/lemon.
See you there....
20th August 2006 08:42 PM
StartMeUp13 he's a jealous asshole...he can't put on a show like mick...mr. motel venue...
20th August 2006 09:22 PM
lotsajizz Nelly, call me when you're inside McCoy Stadium...I'll see you at show with important matter....
20th August 2006 09:42 PM
Jakeb206 "With Miller’s ticket sales exceeding his expectations"

Whats that, like 30?
20th August 2006 10:05 PM
mojoman
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
until Dickie is let back in, the Allmans are dead to me....Gregg is a talented musician but a real fucking asshole as a person....

Dickie was the best thing about the ABB

exactly. without him it should be called the gregg allman band. the man was fifty percent of that band after duane died

20th August 2006 10:11 PM
mojoman
quote:
Olompali wrote:
Miller compares himself to jazz? Miles Davis singled him out by name as a phony from the Fillmore in his autobiography.
The Allmans don't have players that "drop out" They die or get FIRED. Their current lineup has a lead guitarist in his 20's.
They don't deserve the credit or praise they receive for longevity. It's a brand name with a revolving door spinning with musicians. Only Gregg and the drummers are left from the original band. They fired founding member and creative force Dickey Betts for, get this, being high.

gettin kicked out of that band fer being high is like givin speeding tickets at the indy 500. didnt greg testify against their old manager? it would be like garcia kickin weir out of the dead.
21st August 2006 12:32 AM
nappyrags homer simpson does the joker better...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)