ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Feyenoord Stadium aka De Kuip August 11, 2003
Sven Hoogerhuis / CyberImage
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: IMPORTANT NEWS FOR THOSE WHO BOUGHT WEMBLEY TICKETS FROM TICKETMASTER Return to archive Page: 1 2
07-31-03 11:16 AM
bootcover Still haven't received my ticket back
08-04-03 11:46 AM
bootcover Received this mail from ticketmaster today:

Dear Marco,

Your replacement tickets should be dispatched by the middle of August
08-04-03 07:45 PM
Highway Child Gazza, I'm still waiting for my tix (Wembley Sept 14)!!
And I never received any wrong tix!! Any letter!!!
Do you know the right E-mail in order I can ask for this problem ? I E-mail them at this adress : [email protected] but they never replied to my enqury !
Thanks for helping
Best
Erwan
08-04-03 08:19 PM
Gazza Hi

Try the phone number I gave at the start of the thread. That may speed things up. Their staff ARE fucking useless and ill-informed it has to be said but you may strike it lucky and get to speak to someone who knows what the problem is.

I actually ordered my 14/9 tickets not through TM but from Wayahead (who are the agents for Wembley box office). I havent received them yet, although I got my Mick Taylor tickets from them within a week. They DID write to me in early July though to tell me they werent ready yet as they hadnt received them from the promoter, but I havent heard from them since. This was all before the mess up with the printing error on the tickets was noticed by TM.

Did you get your tickets through the fan club allocation by any chance? Seemingly, many of THEIR tickets are OK, although that may be because they were generally even slower at sending out the tickets than TM were with the original "faulty" tickets so that might be the reason why they've been so slow (ie they got their allocation 'corrected' BEFORE sending them out)

so far, of the 11 shows I'm going to (including taylor) its been the following story. maybe some of the rest of you have different experiences:

twickenham 23/8 (TM) - ordered December. received around June
twickenham 24/8 (TM) - ordered January. received around June
astoria 27/8 (fan club allocation/TM) - nothing yet
Mick taylor - 100 club 28/8 (Wayahead) - ordered July. received within a week.
Wembley 29/8 (bought off another fan and received in May. sent back to him two weeks ago for re-printing. Not returned to him yet)
Glasgow 1/9 (TM - on the phone 2nd May) - nothing yet
Glasgow 3/9 (SECC website, 2nd May) - nothing yet
Dublin 9/9 (fan club allocation,28th april/Ticketmaster Ireland - received 2 weeks ago)
Dublin 11/9 (fan club allocation,6th May/Ticketmaster Ireland - received 2 weeks ago)
Wembley 14/9 (Wayahead 2nd May) - nothing yet apart from an e-mail on 4th July.
Wembley 15/9 (TM) - (TM mid-may). tickets recived in June. Returned mid July for re-printing. receivd them back a week later.
08-05-03 12:43 AM
MarthaMyDear Whenever you call Ticketmaster (be it in the US or the UK,
etc.), ALWAYS... And, I do mean ALWAYS ask to speak with a
supervisor because they USUALLY know more than the operators
do... I used to work for Ticketron a long time ago here (in
Inglewood, California, USA) which got bought by Ticketmaster
and we ALWAYS had a GOOD AMOUNT of supervisors walking around
ready to help, etc., so ALWAYS ask to speak with a
supervisor, is what I say... PEACE and DO ROCK ON!!!
lol........................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

P.S. (And, I must add a big DUH!!! to this post, also!!!
CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol........................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
DUH, BUTT BREATH, DUH!!!
HE!!! HE!!! lol........................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P )

Love, cheeky little bugger... lol........................ :P
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
08-05-03 06:46 PM
Gazza Glasgow 3/9/03 tickets arrived today

Phoned TM re: the Astoria. After talkin to a couple of clueless twits about the distribution of letters/tickets for this show,one guy went and checked and told me the letters would be sent out in the next 6 days or so.

asked him how this would affect some people who might be leaving for the shows before they get their tickets and he assured me there'd be a provision made so they could call the TM office before they leave if they havent got their letter and they'd arrange for a box office collection
08-06-03 02:44 PM
Stray Cat I rang TM today .They said they would be sending out last batch of 15/9/03 Wembley replacement tickets in the next few days -I sent mine back on 10/7. I won't hold my breath!!!
08-07-03 05:04 AM
IanM Can anyone confirm they've received replacement Wembley tickets back for August 29th?

Well, any Wembley show really?!

Cheers,

Ian
08-07-03 09:20 AM
Rolling Hansie I returned my tickets for Wembley August 29 by registered mail on July 28. Today August 7 I recieved the new tickets. I live in Holland. Maybe distance has something to with the time it takes?
08-07-03 09:27 AM
Rolling Hansie This is what I found on Ticketmaster UK website, in case you don't get your tickets in time.

Duplicate tickets are provided for certain events when the customer is not in possession of the original tickets. The duplicate procedure involves the customer notifying us of the non arrival of their tickets prior to the event, enabling us to arrange for duplicate tickets to be held for collection at the box office.

The duplicate tickets can only be collected 30 minutes prior to the event by the credit card holder. The customer needs to present the credit card used to make the booking and the booking reference number.

Duplicate tickets are not available for every event. Tickets that are sent by first class post can usually be duplicated. Tickets that cannot be duplicated are usually sent by special delivery and can be traced.

Please contact us, at the earliest 10 days prior to the event and at the latest 72 hours prior to the event, on 0870 153 5353 where one of our Customer Service Advisors will be able to advise you. International Customers telephone 00 44 161 385 3613.

We regret that Ticketmaster are unable to post duplicate tickets. This is for our customers own security to protect them against potential ticket fraud.

We can only allow one set of tickets to be in circulation at any one time. The duplicate tickets can only be collected 30 minutes prior to the event at the box office by the card holder with the relevant identification. The duplicate tickets override the original tickets therefore ensuring that only the original purchaser is admitted entrance to the event.

This is Ticketmaster policy, provided for your own security, and will not be over ruled under any circumstances.

08-08-03 03:36 PM
Stray Cat My 15/9 Wembley replacement ticket arrived today by normal post.
I've got to say that the TM cust. services were true to their word........amazingly!
08-08-03 03:41 PM
Gazza >Can anyone confirm they've received replacement Wembley tickets back for August 29th?

Well, any Wembley show really?!

I got my replacements for 15/9 a couple of weeks ago
the guy who sold me the tickets for 29/8 that I sent back to him for re-printing got his returned ones a couple of days ago
my tickets for 14/9 were bought off wayahead.com and none have arrived yet. I presume they got their allocation sent to them after the corrections were made and thats why none were sent out before now.
08-08-03 06:53 PM
stonedagain finally got 9/15 back in usa,ticketbastards thx for a job well done
08-09-03 03:31 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Haven't got mine back yet; starting to get nervous.
08-09-03 06:59 PM
MarthaMyDear SSC, I would call Ticketmaster and PLEASE ASK TO SPEAK WITH A SUPERVISOR, ok., and if it's two weeks before the show for the ticket(s) you don't have yet, etc., then call them and ask them to HOLD it/them for you at the box office... That is my suggestion, etc.... ROCK ON and I'll talk to you soon!!!

*** Martha ***
08-09-03 07:23 PM
MarthaMyDear Actually, call them TWICE and speak with supervisors BOTH
TIMES!!! lol............ What can it hurt AND with everyone
fricking calling, etc., it might just teach those fucking
ASSHOLES a lesson!!! Getting pissed off now... Better go!!!
lol.......................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
You'll get your tix, SSC,
but do what I say 'cause I worked for them before, basically,
and you need to speak to SUPERVISORS!!! Not kidding...
lol.......................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Anyways, PEACE and ROCK
ON!!! lol.......................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P

*** Martha ***
08-12-03 03:13 PM
Gazza Phoned TM today and had a serious argument with their staff. One cheeky bitch actually told me she would terminate the conversation because I said the word 'shit' when speaking to her whilst expressing my displeasure at their crappy service, different accounts of ticket distribution and general incompetence after she had refused to give me general advice on behalf of the dozens of Astoria ticket buyers who could be potentially flying to the UK BEFORE their letter arrived. When I told her I'd spent about £100 in "service charges" to their shitty organisation on this tour only to have to continually phone them and be fed misleading and clueless info by incompetent and rude staff over tickets I'd paid for and for which i expected at the very least a reasonable standard of service, it shut her the fuck up pretty quick when I said that after all that I had every right to have developed an attitude problem and that if she was offended by me saying"bloody" or "shit" it was a fraction of the offence and inconvenience those fucking clowns at TM had caused to those of us who were being fucked around by them.

They were able to give me advice on MY purchase but wouldnt answer me when I asked a hypothetical question on arangements for other people as its not MY specific purchase!!

In short, the letters are being processed and will be issued this week. They told me I should expect to have my letter by this weekend. For those of you leaving for the UK soon,read on...

at the minute,they say they "dont know yet" what the arrangement is for people overseas whose letters will arrive before they leave. Their "solution" is that before you leave you should call them to find out what the arrangements will be for picking up your ticket. (whatever you do, if youre in this category, make sure you have 1) photo ID, 2) the credit card you used to buy your tickets and 3) the printout of the receipt when you bought them online which includes the confirmation number - this is MY advice, not ticketmasters by the way..)

When I told them that if I hadnt got MY letter before I left for London I'd be in the same boat as these people, she paused for a minute went away and checked and then said "phone us the day before you leave" and that THAT should apply for everyone who is leaving before their letter arrives. I explained to her that one friend of mine (Littleredrooster) is actually leaving TOMORROW for Europe so he's already in this category. Doesnt matter. You will still have to call them nearer the time. I told them that it obviously doesnt occur to them that ..duh..not everyone going to this show is just going to arrive in london the day before the gig and as THEY are selling tickets for other shows on this tour, they should reasonably be aware of the fact that people ARE away from home for extended periods of time and that the Stones UK tour actualy starts the weekend after next. Its typical of the fact that they have no idea of the needs and spending habits of the people they sell tickets to at extortionate service charges in that its lost on them that these same consumers will go to several shows.

they even told me that as the letters are being sent out priority (yeah right..) that even people in the US should receive their letters the next day. This is absolute bullshit. They are confident that letters will arrive quickly in any case but still wouldnt give me info on waht happens for those of you who leave this week before your latters arrive. Even though I told her that by telling me she could save herself phone calls from about 100 people as I'd be posting it on a website, she still basically said those folks would have to phone for info - nice of them,eh? (basically, at this moment in time they havent made any arrangements if youre in this category....they should be able to have this info soon). she also suggested I send an e-mail about any problems I had. I replied by saying several people have done and TM dont reply to them!

I ended by telling her to advise any member of ticketmaster to log onto any stones website to see what chaos their incompetence had caused and what people were saying about their service as its now become an international joke.

Ticketmaster UK are c**ts,the scum of the universe and the bastard spawn of the Great Satan that is Clear Channel. Its official
[Edited by Gazza]
08-12-03 04:45 PM
Mathijs It could be different at the Astoria, but at the Olympia you didn't need the letter at all. all you needed was some sort of identification. Your name is on a big list, and that will be checked. We came without the letter, and that was no problem at all.

Mathijs
08-12-03 04:56 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
It could be different at the Astoria, but at the Olympia you didn't need the letter at all. all you needed was some sort of identification. Your name is on a big list, and that will be checked. We came without the letter, and that was no problem at all.

Mathijs

I know, I was at the Olympia too. But I would prefer some kind of confirmation on paper.
08-15-03 10:18 AM
IanM Well, I received my replacement tickets for the Wembley August date yesterday. Normal post, not special delivery, no whiff of a refund for the £3.75 I spent sending them to the goons at Ticketmaster.

Of note, I took photocopies of the originals before sending them back. There is absolutely no difference in seating details. None. Apart from the ink is a little more faded on the new ones. Even down to the identical barcode, which, being particularly anal, I checked.

In fact, the ONLY difference is the little date that shows when the ticket was printed (now August).

Pointless exercise.
08-15-03 05:41 PM
Gazza I did the same

the only other difference I saw on my my new ones were the addition in small type of the word 'seat' on the bottom right of the new tickets. Thats all.

The replacement ones I got for 15/9 DID have a difference in that one part of the old one didnt have the gate or block number printed or something but these 29/8 ones are basically identical. I cant see what could have possibly prevented someone getting through a ticket machine with the old ones

regarding the Astoria letter. I think Mathijs' comment about not actually needing THIS letter seems to make sense in view of what happened today. I phoned TM again today and the guy presumed the letter was in transit..he couldnt verify it. However, he then told me that he had a copy of the letter beside him and told me he'd send a DUPLICATE out to me right there and then to put my mind at rest and I waited while he wrote down my address details and put it in an envelope! The letter in question doesnt seem to be a personally addressed one with your name and booking reference number on it, but just a general "circular" identical to what every other applicant gets.

so after all this, i'll probably get two letters now in the next couple of days!
Page: 1 2