ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Feyenoord Stadium aka De Kuip August 11, 2003
Sven Hoogerhuis / CyberImage
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: IMPORTANT NEWS FOR THOSE WHO BOUGHT WEMBLEY TICKETS FROM TICKETMASTER Return to archive Page: 1 2
07-20-03 03:08 PM
Gazza I'm not sure if this has been posted before on this board but for those of you unaware, heres some new insight into Ticketmaster's balls up of these shows. just when you thought these useless rip off idiots couldnt get any worse...

I got a letter the other day from TM UK about the tickets I bought for the Wembley show on 15/9...

Ticketmaster
PO Box 798
Manchester M60 1WU

Dear Ticketmaster Customer,

Our records show that you have booked and received tickets for the Rolling Stones at Wembley Arena on the 15th September 2003.

It has come to our attention that, due to an administration error, tickets were printed without complete seating details and are therefore invalid.

Please return your tickets to the address above with the reference EWA1509 clearly stated on the outside of the envelope. Upon receipt tickets with the correct details will be sent to the address given at the time of purchase.

All seating details, as confirmed at the time of booking, remain unaffected.

Should you require any further assistance please contact our 24 hour call centre on 0870 4000 700 where one of our operators will be happy to help you.

We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

Yours faithfully

Customer service Department

It beggars belief how they can screw this up on such a large scale. I understand now also that this problem has arisen with the tickets for the other 2 Wembley shows on 29/8 and 14/9 (I got my 29/8 tickets from another fan who has now received a similar letter and have ordered my 14/9 from another agency - wayahead) Not content with charging their extortionate handling fees and then sending extremely expensive tickets out several months later by ORDINARY mail instead of registered mail, they now balls this up even further. I understand the problem is due to block numbers not being printed on one part of the tickets.

The guy who sold me the 29/8 tickets has advised me that the tickets for that show should be returned by 4th august. No mention of a return date for the others. I'd imagine the reference number to be quoted for the other two shows would be different,so they can correspond to the date of the show in question (EWA2908 and EWA1409 perhaps?).

I've no indication yet that there is a problem with the tickets printed for the other UK concerts, but knowing Ticketmaster, nothing would surprise me

[Edited by Gazza]
07-20-03 03:26 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ticketmaster is a complete scam.

Check this out. I bought 3 tix to see the White Stripes on July 25th. The show has been cancelled, and is not being rescheduled. The tix are being refunded to my credit card...but not the service charges or shipping and handling fees. My original charge on my card was 124.95 of which I only get $96.00 back. I'm out $29.00...and a single ticket was at face only $32.00!!!

In my opinion this amounts to nothing more than petty theft, pure and simple.
07-20-03 03:42 PM
Gazza my handling fees for just two tickets for 15/9 was £24 (about $38)

they then sent the tickets (worth £300 before they added on the handling fees) out by ORDINARY mail - which would have cost something like £0.30 including the envelope!

slight profit on handling fees, no?

Now,for peace of mind I'll be obliged to send these back by registered post and then hope they dont fuck up and lose them as no doubt they'll return them by ordinary mail again.

Multiply that by three shows and add on extra costs for those who bought maybe four tickets per show or more and its a pretty expensive operation to cover for their mistakes.

I'd like to apologise publicly to Ticketmaster in the US who I thought, until now , cornered the market in incompetence and idiocy (I wasted 20 minutes of my life getting Hartford tickets from them in 1999 as I tried, unsuccessfully, to explain to them that the reason why my "zip code" had too many digits was because I didnt live in the US and therefore didnt have a US zip code as one idiot, who obviously had a sheltered view of the world didnt seem to grasp that people outside the US have telephones and credit cards too as she kept asking me what state "United kingdom" was in before somehow deciding it was in Kentucky....)
07-20-03 04:27 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Handling fees...I thought the Dutch ones were bad...about 5 euro per tick...UK tix: 12 GBP (!) per tick...
07-20-03 04:34 PM
Stray Cat I sent my ticket back to ticketbastard last week,but only via. normal post (as they do - money grabbing gits!). so I hope it's alright, as it was a top price ticket bought at the last minute when I decided I couldn't risk missing their last gig (?). Must be 10 times worst if you're over seas.

I'm ringing them this week !
07-20-03 04:36 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Got the same letter for the sept 15 show. I did send mine back by registered mail.
07-20-03 06:27 PM
Highway Child Gazza, I've just received the same letter for Sept. 14th, but I never received those fuckin' tix!!!
07-20-03 06:52 PM
beer Hey SS, are you sure they're not rescheduling that show?
This is what it said at the WS site:

Per the White Stripes mailing list:

"Due to Jack's recent unfortunate car accident and subsequent broken
finger, tour dates 7/18-8/10 are postponed...but not cancelled. The new dates
are being sorted this week, and once new dates are determined old tickets
will be honored.

07-20-03 07:53 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
I did send mine back by registered mail.

Is TM gonna pay for the registered mail costs??? lol.
You will get them back by ordinary mail again. What kind of business is that? Jeez.
07-20-03 07:55 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I'm out $29.00...and a single ticket was at face only $32.00!!!

O my god, that's criminal indeed SirS! Is there something in the conditions about that kind of stuff (cancellation=refund excl. or incl. handling fees and shipping)?
07-21-03 03:53 AM
BillyBoll My mate is in the same position as Highway Chile ie no tickets but he's got the letter. They'd better show cause some of them are for me!
07-21-03 06:43 AM
IanM
So, the suspicion is that this is just a lame security check on ticketmasters behalf to discourage touting.

I can't see anything wrong with my tickets, they appear to contain all the information any other ticket has.

I'm 99% certain I could use my current tickets at Wembley. However, I still feel I should probably get them replaced JUST IN CASE. But Ticketmaster aren't going to reimburse me my registered postage fees are they.

Hows about all those folks on holiday in July and August who are going to miss the narrow window Ticketmaster suggest?

I pressed the ticketmaster customer support rep pretty hard on the phone, she couldn't tell me anything more specific about what was supposedly wrong with my tickets.

What a joke.
07-21-03 06:49 AM
bootcover Returned my ticket for the 15th 2 weeks ago by registered mail, the same day as I received the ticketmaster letter.

Bought my ticket for the 14th from a ticketbroker on ebay....so hope I will receive the right ticket for that date.
07-21-03 09:48 AM
bootcover Just recieved the right ticket for the 14th !!!
Now I still have to wait the 15th (bought by ticketmaster)...
07-21-03 04:24 PM
Gazza Ian

I wouldnt take the chance. The letter I got specifically states these tickets are NOT valid. I dont think these tightwads would spend all this money mailing thousands of customers to return their tickets if there wasnt a genuine problem..and there are shows with much higher demand for ticket touts than these three (after all,only the first wembley show was particularly hard to get tickets for)

I phoned them today. Their "trained staff" were as clueless as I imagined. When I asked one bubblehead what shows were affected, she told me it was just the one I was enquiring about (15/9) until I corrected her and said I knew for a fact it was all three Wembley shows. She didnt know if ALL the tickets were invalid for all three shows (I'd imagine they are as my tickets for 15/9 are on the floor and the tickets I bought off someone else for 29/8 are on the tiered seats and BOTH sets have to be returned) but thought they probably would be.

When I asked about the other UK shows, she did say that only the Wembley shows were affected. On this occasion I think she's probably right.
07-21-03 04:42 PM
Joey Ticketmaster is akin to the off-yellow , sticky film of weeks old urine that collects under the toilet seat : Hardly ever seen and quite disturbing when discovered .

-- Thank You

Jacky !
07-21-03 05:26 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Is TM gonna pay for the registered mail costs??? lol.
You will get them back by ordinary mail again. What kind of business is that? Jeez.

Hell not, SSC is!
07-21-03 05:57 PM
Gazza what? youre paying for mine too? You read it here folks!Guess I owe you a beer as a thank you!
07-21-03 08:44 PM
Angiegirl !!!!!!!!

Ooooops, Mark...lol!!
07-22-03 12:41 AM
Sir Stonesalot beer....

The Philly show was an outdoor event. This show is listed on Ticketmaster.com as "cancelled". They sent me an email stating that they will refund face value of my tickets to my CC, but NOT the ticket fees or shipping and handling fees.

With the Stripes current commitments overseas, they won't get back to the States until after October...too late for an outdoor show. So it just gets the ax.

I wanna cry.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
07-22-03 09:35 AM
IanM
Thanks for the response Gazza, valid points, I bit the bullet and paid my £3.75 stupidity tax on special delivery today.

I pointed out I expected a postage rebate, should make them laugh!

Cheers,

Ian

07-23-03 07:35 PM
Martini Ticketmaster is unquestionably a racket, but I must say that they were pretty helpful with an order that I placed recently for an Ozzfest show in the NW USA.

I paid $187 to see the Ozzfest on July 12, but upon arriving at the venue, I learned that Ozzy was not playing due to "illness" (whatever that meant that day for Ozzy). The rest of the bands played that day, but I was pissed that Ozzy didn't show and asked for a refund. Since I ordered tickets on-line, I had to mail my tickets across the country so they could credit my account. To my surprise, they took care of everything within 7 days--they refunded the cost of the tickets and service charge. The only thing I lost was $3.00 for the processing fee. Not bad, I figure, considering how inept the personnel at Ticketmaster tend to be.

-Martini

07-24-03 12:25 AM
Sir Stonesalot How the hell did you get your service charge refunded? I spent 45 minutes on the phone with 3 different Customer "Service" people trying to get those charges refunded, and they told me to get stuffed.
07-25-03 09:16 AM
Rolling Hansie Just got home from Stockholm yesterday and found the same letter in my mailbox. This one was about the august 29 show. I checked my tickets and couldn't find anything wrong with them. But I guess that I have no choice but returning them :-(
07-28-03 02:17 PM
jb I'm sorry that all of you will be unable to attend the show..hopefully you will get a full refund ....>:
07-28-03 05:54 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
!!!!!!!!

Ooooops, Mark...lol!!

Yeah, poor me!
07-29-03 03:23 AM
MarthaMyDear >I'm sorry that all of you will be unable to attend the show..hopefully you will get a full refund ....>:

Actually, that should be the other way around!!!
lol.................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P I'm sorry YOU won't
have the fucking AMAZING seats *** I *** have and be going to
any UK shows, jb!!! lol.................................. :P
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Must be a pure shame to make the kind of money you do and
not be able to get the time off working to actually ENJOY
it!!! lol.................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P Unlike,
MOI!!! lol.................................. :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P :P UNROCK
ON!!! lol.................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***
07-29-03 04:48 PM
Gazza Got my tickets for 15/9/03 back today from Ticketmaster. same seat numbers and they arrived by recorded delivery,as I requested them to. At least they got something right!
07-29-03 06:03 PM
Stray Cat That's good news Gazza,I'll wait by the letterbox tomorrow!
07-31-03 12:30 AM
Martini
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
How the hell did you get your service charge refunded? I spent 45 minutes on the phone with 3 different Customer "Service" people trying to get those charges refunded, and they told me to get stuffed.

Mr. Stonesalot:

The only time that I ever had to obtain refunds for concerts was when Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds cancelled their Fall tour of the USA after 9/11/01 and this year for the 7/12 Ozzfest. Both times they credited my account for the face value of the tickets plus the service charge (or what they call the “convenience charge”). What they did not refund was the “order processing” fee which is what they claim is the cost of actually mailing the tickets. It tends to be no more than a few bucks.

For example, the two Ozzfest tickets I purchased were $187.60 ($159 face value; $24.70 convenience charge; $3.90 order processing fee). The only thing they did not refund was the $3.90.

If anyone is not getting their “convenience charge” back, raise some serious hell. They owe you.

Good luck, Stones Brothers,

-Martini

P.S. PHOTOCOPY EVERYTHING BEFORE MAILING BACK YOUR TICKETS, JUST SO YOU HAVE "PROOF" IN CASE THEY SCREW YOU.
[Edited by Martini]
Page: 1 2