ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Phoenix Set list... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
August 10th, 2005 11:10 PM
parmeda
quote:
maumau wrote:
Back of My Hand---Mick was awesome--Mick and Ronnie traded off on slide guitars--Ronnie patted Mick on the back at the end-

Somebody hold me! I can't stop twitchin'...lol

PartyDoll MEG How lucky for all those Toronto fans!- Great set list with good mix of new and old and two great cover songs. Bring it on Stones- I am so.. so... so..... ready !!!
nankerphelge Mick on slide?
Huh?

August 10th, 2005 11:12 PM
Riffhard
quote:
parmeda wrote:

You can't stop twitchin'?! Shit Pammy I've got Jergens all over my keyboard and four Kleenex stuck to the heels of my shoes!! You don't even want to know what my monitor looks like!

Riffhard

August 10th, 2005 11:13 PM
parmeda yeah, I'm twitchin' Nank!

...slide, baby
August 10th, 2005 11:13 PM
Monkey Woman Whoah! Mick has been getting guitar lessons???
August 10th, 2005 11:14 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

You can't stop twitchin'?! Shit Pammy I've got Jergens all over my keyboard and four Kleenex stuck to the heels of my shoes!! You don't even want to know what my monitor looks like!

Riffhard

August 10th, 2005 11:15 PM
Soldatti Mick playing slide live?
Too many surprises in a day.
August 10th, 2005 11:19 PM
glencar What a show!
August 10th, 2005 11:24 PM
Poplar
Fuck yeah!!!!!

August 10th, 2005 11:32 PM
Steel Wheels Friends,

What a day! The Stones are rolling, turning out new licks and dusting off old tricks.

What a great feeling to know I'll be seeing them in Philly soon.

YEAH!
August 10th, 2005 11:38 PM
Poplar
we need more info - or a review. any other sites have better coverage?
August 11th, 2005 12:19 AM
Monkey Woman One little more post before saying goodnight all:

joro123 at Shidoobee says:

ust got back from the show. It has already been said, but She's So Cold was unbelievable. So muh energy on the stage tonight. The guys looked like they were having so much fun, joking and laughing with one another. JJF encore brought the house down. As well, interesting new stuff, especially In For Me....KR what can I say!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet dreams.
August 11th, 2005 03:13 AM
Tom
August 11th, 2005 03:16 AM
Poplar
from IORR:

Show start : 9:35 pm
Show end : 11:20 pm

Show review
Tickets were given out to approximately 250 people, some who waited 24 hours in line. Also, the night before at the rehearsal hall, approximately 50 tickets were given to regulars who had been hanging around the rehearsal hall for the past few weeks to see the Stones. Tickets were sold for $10 each and each person in line was allowed only 1 ticket. They had to provide photo ID, and were given a wrist band and ticket for their $10. When they arrive at the concert hall (which holds approximately 1,000 people), they have to provide their wrist band (which hasn't been removed or tampered with), their ticket and their photo ID.
The warm-up act was a band called "The Trews" from Canada. Great band. Hard hitting and fast rockers from start to finish. If there was any dust on the walls before they took stage it was all blown away when they finished. Great warm-up. Two guitars, one bass and drums. That's all it takes to make great rock'n roll. They even played louder than the Stones!

But we were all here for the Stones tonight... On time shortly after 9:30pm Michael Cohl had the great pleasure of yet again introducing the greatest rock'n roll band in the world doing a rehearsals club show in front of a lucky crowd in Toronto.

The stage was all in red. Stones red. On the left wall they had put up three hugh banners with the "Bigger Bang Tongue". The Stones tongue exploding in a big bang. And around the place they had placed a few posters promoting "A Bigger Bang". Those posters soon got into souvenirs for fans picking them down from the walls. The building had a small bacony for VIP's and family of the band, while the less than 1,000 lucky fans downstairs had open admission and could move around anywhere. Except for the fact that they all crowded up in the front of course.

Opening song was "Rough Justice". They played it like it has been performed for ages, but it was in fact the very first time it was performed live in front of an audience. Great rocker with a big punch from their new album. New look on stage. Bernard alone in front at the left. Chuck Leavell could hardly be seen at the far left. Then the four Stones. And Darryl on the far right.

"Live With Me" rocked.

Then "19th Nervous Breakdown" in a strange, almost ballad-like reggea version. Slower than in the original version. Still great and unique. But the crowd was sort of quiet on this one...

"She's So Cold". No more quiet crowd. They all went mad. A fast and hard-hitting version with Mick all over the stage. Just wish it will be permanent for the tour. What a great version!

"Dead Flowers". Just have to love it every time you hear it. Great solo by Ronnie.

Then Mick was all up front with a guitar. He started up the blues song "Back Of My Hand" from their new album. Playing the slide. Singing the deep blues like it was a club in Chicago with four people in the crowd only. Then he moved back after a while and left the 2nd part over to Ronnie. First time Mick was doing slide on stage? Well it was great and again it is kind of strage how great a new song is sounding, performed live for the first time ever.

"Ait't To Proud To Beg" is another one which is rocking the crowd and again you just have t love these guys doing such great songs!

Introductions. Lisa and Blondie have been very low profile. Only Bernard up front mostly.

Then Keith is doing his new song "Infamy". From the new album. Sort of reggea style. Still quite unique, and a great we all can hope they will keep in the set.

"Oh No, Not You Again". Better than the version performed at the press conference. Great song from the new album!

Then the Bob Marley & Peter Tosh song "Get Up, Stand Up". At first a song which was straight forward, but then Mick is starting to work the crowd with a great sing-a-long. Everybody is singing and dancing, a great, great song for any size crowd!

Another cover version coming up: "Mr. Pitiful" by Otis Redding.

Then, if you ever was not sure this was a Rolling Stones show, because you got so many new songs, you got three of the greatest: "Tumbling Dice", "Brown Sugar" and "Jumping Jack Flash". They had been on stage for 1h 45 minutes, but it felt like half an hour. How time flies when you have such a great show going. And they don't need to rehearse anymore. Not really. Just bring this show on to Boston, and all the fans will be more than happy.

August 11th, 2005 03:45 AM
Madafaka Wow! I really need this bootleg.
August 11th, 2005 04:06 AM
Bloozehound well lets bit torent this bitch senors
August 11th, 2005 06:17 AM
Gimme Shelter Just saw this on stonesnews.com

thx TongueLady) At the end of the show, everyone came out for the final bow except Charlie... then they left and the lights went down. When the lights came back up, there was JUST CHARLIE standing there and bowing. It absolutely brought the house down!!!

http://stonesnews.com/images/charlie-phoenix.jpg
[Edited by Gimme Shelter]
August 11th, 2005 06:33 AM
Monkey Woman Hello all! Just thought I'd post the link to Bjornulf's review page on IORR: http://iorr.org/tour05/toronto2.htm
Beautiful pics, too!
August 11th, 2005 07:23 AM
Gazza
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Otis my man

some of us got the "Animal House" reference, Nanker..
August 11th, 2005 07:33 AM
Maxlugar Mick on slide huh? He did some on Goddess. That's probably him on the album with just Keith.
August 11th, 2005 07:34 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
Just saw this on stonesnews.com

thx TongueLady) At the end of the show, everyone came out for the final bow except Charlie... then they left and the lights went down. When the lights came back up, there was JUST CHARLIE standing there and bowing. It absolutely brought the house down!!!

What a night!!!

Can't wait to hear from those lucky enough to witness this live!!!!!!

Bring on Fenway!!!!

LJ.
August 11th, 2005 08:50 AM
Nasty Habits Mr. Pitiful?!?!?

Far out.

Great set.

August 11th, 2005 08:58 AM
egon and they're only over on this side of the world in 2006....
August 11th, 2005 09:04 AM
nankerphelge egon, I have to tell you that me and (as of now) 4 others are thinking of heading over to Amsterdam for the shows next year.

Perhaps we can drink some beers.
You know, if you like that sort of thing!
August 11th, 2005 09:07 AM
Joey
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Come to Joey ..........................

Kins !
August 11th, 2005 09:09 AM
egon nank,if you come to amsterdam I WILL come to amsterdam too.

and if it's sold out, you can come to marseile.
always plenty of tickets here....
August 11th, 2005 09:12 AM
Gazza
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
egon, I have to tell you that me and (as of now) 4 others are thinking of heading over to Amsterdam for the shows next year.

Perhaps we can drink some beers.
You know, if you like that sort of thing!

short hop for me, too, Nanky. I plan to be there. Hold on to yer nuts...
August 11th, 2005 09:14 AM
Gazza
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Mick on slide huh? He did some on Goddess. That's probably him on the album with just Keith.

apparently it is indeed Mick on the studio version
August 11th, 2005 09:14 AM
Madafaka I need the torrent link to this boot!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)