ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Phoenix Set list... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
August 11th, 2005 09:19 AM
egon
quote:
Gazza wrote:

short hop for me, too, Nanky. I plan to be there. Hold on to yer nuts...

whoa, this is already shaping up nicely!
August 11th, 2005 09:31 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Gazza wrote:

apparently it is indeed Mick on the studio version

That's pretty impressive. There's a few really nice slide licks on that cut.

Is there anything this man CAN'T do?

August 11th, 2005 09:33 AM
nankerphelge Hey Gazza that would be great -- er, the coming to Amsterdam part!

The nuts part...
August 11th, 2005 09:54 AM
Gazza dont worry

I'll show you some places were, if thats your thang, there will be someone only to happy to grab your nuts

for a fee of course...
August 11th, 2005 09:56 AM
Gazza
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

That's pretty impressive. There's a few really nice slide licks on that cut.

Is there anything this man CAN'T do?

comment on politics apparently!
[Edited by Gazza]
August 11th, 2005 10:06 AM
Nellcote Hey Nanky!
Great shot of Teddy "Chivas" Kennedy.
I will pm you with a site for all things Teddy...
August 11th, 2005 10:13 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Nellcote wrote:
Hey Nanky!
Great shot of Teddy "Chivas" Kennedy.
I will pm you with a site for all things Teddy...

Nanks, will you email me with this after you get it?

August 11th, 2005 10:16 AM
nankerphelge Sure will!!

As we head to Boston, I just have to have a little fun with Teddy!
August 11th, 2005 10:23 AM
Nellcote PM Sent!
Enjoy!
August 11th, 2005 02:59 PM
justinkurian I didn't see this anywhere yet...DVD?

Stones Surprise Toronto
Rockers play small, rootsy gig for Canadian fans

After a month of rehearsals in Toronto in preparation for their world tour, which launches August 21st at Boston's Fenway Park, the Rolling Stones gave the city a big thank you last night by performing an eighty-minute, rootsy set for 1,100 fans at the Phoenix Concert Theatre. People had been lined up down the street since Tuesday to snatch up the bargain $10 tickets for the show, filmed for a reported DVD.

"I want to thank everybody in Toronto for being so welcoming to us," frontman Mick Jagger said. "You kind of leave us alone, but give us enough attention to get our egos up for the tour."

The band kicked off the evening with "Rough Justice," from the forthcoming studio album, A Bigger Bang, due September 6th. Immediately, the audience rushed the stage, fists in the air as if this were a stadium show. Without the flash of a custom-built stage with runways, inflatables and pyro, the Stones played straight-up rock & roll. Jagger and Co. -- guitarists Keith Richards and Ron Wood, and drummer Charlie Watts -- grooved on covers of classics such as the Temptations' "Ain't Too Proud to Beg," Bob Marley and Peter Tosh's reggae anthem "Get Up, Stand Up," and Otis Redding's "Mr. Pitiful," while also reaching back into their own bag for numbers like "Dead Flowers," "Tumbling Dice," "Brown Sugar" and the only encore, "Jumpin' Jack Flash."

The standout of the night, however, was the curious rearrangement of "19th Nervous Breakdown," with its slow, bluesy rock delivery; the words almost spoken, not sung, and the original melody barely adhered to. A new song, the blues-tinged "Back of My Hand," had a similar feel to the Stones' 1969 take on Fred McDowell's "You Gotta Move."

After Jagger introduced the core band and nine auxiliary players -- including bassist Darryl Jones, keyboardist Chuck Leavell and saxophonist Bobby Keys -- Richards stepped up for his turn at the mike to debut "Infamy." "You're the guinea pigs," he cracked, before launching into the song's dark, almost James Bond-ian rhythm. Jagger then returned to center stage for the playful, straight-up rock & roll single "Oh No, Not You Again," which rhymes "beauty" and "cutie."

While an elaborate stage has been constructed for the upcoming tour -- promoter Michael Cohl calls it "the Globe Theatre meets Blade Runner" -- nights like this prove that the Stones don't need such distractions.

KAREN BLISS
(Posted Aug 11, 2005)

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/7543363/therollingstones?pageid=rs.Home&pageregion=single1
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)