ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: HAPPY FORTIETH BIRTHDAY JOEY ! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
August 3rd, 2004 03:02 PM
jb We still got game my Jewish brother, we still got game!!!!
August 3rd, 2004 03:07 PM
parmeda
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
"Nomar will fit right in with the cubs....he's used to choking."

lol...and that's fine by me.

btw...do you think I really care how he plays?
He has a great ass!
August 3rd, 2004 03:09 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
We still got game my Jewish brother, we still got game!!!!

Oh , WE GOT GAME ALRIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tin Man
( Written by Dewey Bunnell / Tony Santos , �1974 )

" Sometimes late when things are real
And people share the gift of gab between themselves
Some are quick to take the bait
And catch the perfect prize that waits among the shelves

But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin
Man
That he didn't, didn't already have
And Cause never was the reason for the evening
Or the tropic of Sir Baby Steelie .

So please believe in me
When I say I'm spinning round, round, round, round
Smoke glass stain bright color
Image going down, down, down, down
Soapsuds green like bubbles

Oh, Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
Or the tropic of Sir Baby Steelie

So please believe in me
When I say I'm spinning round, round, round, round
Smoke glass stain bright color
Image going down, down, down, down
Soapsuds green like bubbles

No, Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
Or the tropic of Sir Baby Steelie

So please believe in me ......................."

August 3rd, 2004 03:11 PM
jb They say smoking dope is good for social anxiety(see RickY williams).
August 3rd, 2004 03:41 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
parmeda wrote:

lol...and that's fine by me.

btw...do you think I really care how he plays?
He has a great ass!

Oh he himself plays great. He's got good stats. But the Bambino's Curse fucked him. PLUS you guy's get Mia Hamm, perhaps the greatest athlete of the last 50 years.
August 3rd, 2004 03:42 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
They say smoking dope is good for social anxiety(see RickY williams).

I once smoked some dope that was so strong that my testicles began to shrink .

Word !
August 3rd, 2004 08:00 PM
J.J.Flash Happy birthday my True American Hero. Without Joeykins, what this unfair world could be......

God bless you my babe Jersee.
August 3rd, 2004 10:03 PM
gypsy Let me be the first to wish my sweet joey a Happy Birthday! Hope you have/had a good one. I have missed you immensely; but as you know, I am here in the Show-Me-State for some much needed relaxing. My birthday is two weeks from tomorrow. Please use this early notice to put a lot of thought into my gift.
August 4th, 2004 07:26 AM
IanBillen
Happy Birthday Mate,
Ian
August 4th, 2004 08:22 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

I once smoked some dope that was so strong that my testicles began to shrink .

Word !

It seems to me that the sniping is a sign of frustration at how difficult it is to deal with the topic that Doug set for us. I wrote a column today about this blog and what struck me was how much of the discussion has been taken up by obsessive list making. One person offers Duckworth, another counters with Auerbach a third pipes up with Coates. I'm glad for all the tips, and I'm compiling a listening list of my own, but by scouring the corners of the Kitchen and exploring the Seattle avant-garde for ever more names, we may be missing the obvious. We're behaving like Albanians in a suburban mega-mall: Overwhelmed by choice and variety, we grab at what looks cool. Rather than select, we accumulate: We've developed the catalogue as critique.

I suspect, though, that despite this collective disorientation, most of us might agree that John Adams is one of the two or three most important, prolific and germane composers in the United States. His techniques are consistent, his trajectory clear, his style in constant evolution, his mastery unquestionable and he's certainly grappling with the issues of our time (Klinghoffer, anybody?). Can't we devote more than a passing reference to him? Looking for the current big thing, or the next one, without dealing with Adams seems perverse.

Few critics discover new talents. We do not, by and large, conduct the equivalent of artists' studio visits. Mostly we rely on presenters and performers to sift through the mountains of novelty and put their own reputations at the service of an unknown composer's. Often those people do a very good job. By the time a composer's work is being performed at Carnegie Hall or at Disney Hall, that person has likely put in some time in lofts and basements. Bulletin: Uptown and downtown have merged. It was John Rockwell, after all, who set the tone for Lincoln Center Festival, which has devoted multi-part tributes to Steve Reich, Meredith Monk, Ornette Coleman and Elvis Costello. Carnegie Hall recently commissioned pieces from Lisa Bielawa and Michael Gordon.

So we might do well - here and in the "Music Since 1990" database that Doug set up - to wonder whether the best place to search for the zeitgeist is in the margins of an already marginal art.
August 4th, 2004 08:43 AM
F505 ?
August 4th, 2004 09:06 AM
not bound to please
quote:
F505 wrote:
?

A Thai zoo has been forced to halt orangutan boxing matches as police investigate allegations that the animals were illegally smuggled from Indonesia, a spokeswoman and police said Wednesday.

Police have been investigating the Safari World animal park near Bangkok since November after receiving complaints that it was keeping protected species without a permit.

Authorities ordered the zoo to keep the orangutans confined while a probe was being conducted. Some of the zoo's 115 orangutans have been trained to perform traditional Thai kickboxing onstage for tourists.

The zoo, however, continued to hold the bouts until earlier this week when it received a police warning.

"The unique daily show of orangutan boxing is over," a zoo spokeswoman said on condition of anonymity. "We stopped since Sunday after we received the letter from police."

Police said they were investigating the origins of the animals at the urging of Indonesian officials, who claimed last week that the orangutans were smuggled into Thailand from Indonesia.

No arrests have been made. The maximum penalty for trafficking in protected species is four years in prison and a fine of 40,000 baht ($1,000).

Orangutans are endangered according to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora, and the case has been an embarrassment for Thailand as it prepares to host the 13th CITES Meeting Oct. 2-14.
August 4th, 2004 09:25 AM
Joey
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Happy birthday my True American Hero. Without Joeykins, what this unfair world could be......

God bless you my babe Jersee.

Bless You J.J.Flash ................................

You are much loved by The Joey !

J. Kins !
August 4th, 2004 09:29 AM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
My birthday is two weeks from tomorrow. Please use this early notice to put a lot of thought into my gift.

I already have my Stonesian Princess :

Enjoy !

Oh , and I HIGHLY recommend renting the " The Swimming Pool " under the " NEW RELEASE DVD SECTION " this weekend -- Best Movie " The Joey " has seen in years !

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY ! JACKY ! JACKY !
[Edited by Joey]
Page: 1 2 3 4