ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wyman glad to be away from "boring" Stones... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
July 28th, 2004 04:46 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
F505 wrote:
That man on the left is almost bald...

yes! and watch this beautiful Keith look-a-like in the background !!
July 28th, 2004 04:53 PM
F505
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
during the exile sessions he was bald

don't forget the tattoo you sessions

July 28th, 2004 04:53 PM
F505
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

yes! and watch this beautiful Keith look-a-like in the background !!

Wow!!!
July 28th, 2004 04:54 PM
Moonisup love this haircut:
July 28th, 2004 04:56 PM
F505 You are sure it isn't Sir Lancelot?
July 28th, 2004 04:58 PM
Moonisup
July 28th, 2004 05:04 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

Hey Harry potter!!!
July 28th, 2004 06:57 PM
Madafaka Harry Potter looks happiest than he...
"Boring Stones"... Jum! Wash your mouth and keep it closed!
July 28th, 2004 07:54 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Hey Harry potter!!!

July 28th, 2004 10:08 PM
corgi37 Man, does he look like a kiddie lover or what?
July 29th, 2004 12:46 AM
Taptrick
I swear he's Dudley Moore now.

[Edited by Taptrick]
July 29th, 2004 03:45 AM
L&A
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Man, does he look like a kiddie lover or what?

July 29th, 2004 09:53 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
caro wrote:
Regardless of Bill's bitter comments in the past, that kind of articles bugs me. First they announce Bill finds Mick&Keith "boring", and only 5 lines later you have the actual quote, saying he got bored with the format, and the fact he couldn't make song suggestions. There's a pretty huge difference.

LOL. One of the oldest tricks in the book. (bait & switch) And they still bite. Real good fishing.
July 29th, 2004 11:42 PM
Soldatti I got one of his books.
Most part is a waste of time...
July 29th, 2004 11:58 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I got one of his books.
Most part is a waste of time...

Well re-phrase the question. How many number one hits did the Stones have when Bill was with the band? How many number one hits have the Stones had SINCE Bill left? That should tell you something.
July 30th, 2004 12:39 AM
Taptrick

Is the correlation when the Stones bass player is molesting children they will have hit records?

July 30th, 2004 12:45 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Taptrick wrote:
Is the correlation when the Stones bass player is molesting children they will have hit records?

Of course not. Those number one hits predated Mandy Smith by at least 20 years.
July 30th, 2004 12:59 AM
Taptrick

Who said anything about Mandy Smith? That's just the one we know about! I believe if he was willing to risk so much visibly relative to Mandy there's a lot he's probably told no one about....but I hear you. I do like Bill's sound and style. I don't think the correlation you made is anything more than a correlation though.

July 30th, 2004 01:52 AM
gypsy In Bill's defense, Mandy didn't look 13.
I think Bill still envisions Mandy whilst getting it on w/ the new wife.
July 30th, 2004 04:15 AM
L&A
quote:
gypsy wrote:
In Bill's defense, Mandy didn't look 13.

Don't know, Gypsy, even a 10 years girl could look 16 with a good make-up... When I see my daughter (nearly 11) and think about this disgusting old beast
July 30th, 2004 09:32 AM
F505 Not to forget the fact that Bill's son had a relation with Mandy's mother.
July 30th, 2004 09:56 AM
Gazza >Well re-phrase the question. How many number one hits did the Stones have when Bill was with the band? How many number one hits have the Stones had SINCE Bill left? That should tell you something.

With respect, it tells you nothing except they don't tailor their sound to making hit singles. The average age of the singles buying public these days is about 15. God help us all if the Stones started changing their sound to accommodate that audience. Timberlake on "Miss You" in toronto was bad enough!

Their last #1 in Britain was "Honky Tonk Women" actually and I seriously doubt you could say the quality of their recorded output went downhill immediately after that!

Since Bill left, theyve only released two studio albums anyway(one - Voodoo Lounge - topped the charts and I think BTB reached No.2 in the Us and no. 3 in the UK (or was it the other way round). Theyve barely released any singles in the last decade anyway, so I think the new product they HAVE put out hasnt done too bad.

Hit singles are a meaningless barometer of quality anyway. Bob Dylan never had a number 1 single and the Who only ever had one top 10 single in the US. The general public dont have much taste for the most part.
July 30th, 2004 10:05 AM
Snappy McJack ^^^^Transcript of Beavis and Butthead watching the "Emotional Rescue" video (the weird one with the "heat sensor" crap -- like the artwork for ER) where they are talking about Bill but can't really get the story right!^^^^

Butthead: Is this "Predator," uh huh huh huh uh huh.

Beavis: I think this is "Mortal Kombat," heh heh -- yeah, yeah, he's gonna pull that guy's spine out, Waaaaaaaah! heh, heh heh heh.

Butthead: Yeah, huh huh -- maybe they're like, those Desert Storm goggles, uh huh huh huh

Beavis: Yeah, m heh heh, that was cool -- "The Mother of All Wars has Begun," heh heh heh heh. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Butthead: Uh huh huh huh you're pretty cool, Beavis, uh huh huh huh.

Beavis: Yeah, heh m heh, yeah, thanks.

Beavis: Hey Butthead, remember when we saw this thing on TV about that dude in this band that like, married that chick, heh heh heh.

Butthead: Oh yeah -- he married his son's daughter and then it's like, his son married his mom....

Beavis: Oh yeah, and so it's like, like, the uh, like his son was like, uh, like a dork, heheheheheheheh....

Butthead: Uh huh huh -- so like, his own son was like, his stepdad, uh huh huh huh...

Beavis: Yeah, so like, his mom was like, uh uh, a slut, heh heh heh heh

Butthead: Yeah, uh huh huh, she's a slut -- and then like, it turned out that dude was only 16.

Beavis: Yeah, heh heh heh

(Laughing)
July 30th, 2004 01:21 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>Well re-phrase the question. How many number one hits did the Stones have when Bill was with the band? How many number one hits have the Stones had SINCE Bill left? That should tell you something.

With respect, it tells you nothing except they don't tailor their sound to making hit singles. The average age of the singles buying public these days is about 15. God help us all if the Stones started changing their sound to accommodate that audience. Timberlake on "Miss You" in toronto was bad enough!

Their last #1 in Britain was "Honky Tonk Women" actually and I seriously doubt you could say the quality of their recorded output went downhill immediately after that!

Since Bill left, theyve only released two studio albums anyway(one - Voodoo Lounge - topped the charts and I think BTB reached No.2 in the Us and no. 3 in the UK (or was it the other way round). Theyve barely released any singles in the last decade anyway, so I think the new product they HAVE put out hasnt done too bad.

Hit singles are a meaningless barometer of quality anyway. Bob Dylan never had a number 1 single and the Who only ever had one top 10 single in the US. The general public dont have much taste for the most part.

Bridges reached #6 on UK and #3 on US. The last No. 1 was "Miss You" on the States but since Bill left the band they don't have Top 10 hits (Mixed Emotions was the last).

It's imposible for the Stones to get a big hit on this days: the Billboard Hot 100 is more a R&B/Hip Hop Chart, from the 100 songs, 80 are rap.
That's why last year Sympathy For The Devil only reached #97 on the Hot 100 when the single was #1 on sales. The airplay is the most important part now.

For an England's Top 10 was more close on this years: Love Is Strong, Like A Rolling Stone and Sympathy For The Devil were close to the Top 10, I think that with a good catching song, with a good video and good promotion they can make the Top 10 there again.
July 30th, 2004 02:27 PM
scratched
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:
^^^^Transcript of Beavis and Butthead watching the "Emotional Rescue" video (the weird one with the "heat sensor" crap -- like the artwork for ER) where they are talking about Bill but can't really get the story right!^^^^

Butthead: Is this "Predator," uh huh huh huh uh huh.

Beavis: I think this is "Mortal Kombat," heh heh -- yeah, yeah, he's gonna pull that guy's spine out, Waaaaaaaah! heh, heh heh heh.

Butthead: Yeah, huh huh -- maybe they're like, those Desert Storm goggles, uh huh huh huh

Beavis: Yeah, m heh heh, that was cool -- "The Mother of All Wars has Begun," heh heh heh heh. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Butthead: Uh huh huh huh you're pretty cool, Beavis, uh huh huh huh.

Beavis: Yeah, heh m heh, yeah, thanks.

Beavis: Hey Butthead, remember when we saw this thing on TV about that dude in this band that like, married that chick, heh heh heh.

Butthead: Oh yeah -- he married his son's daughter and then it's like, his son married his mom....

Beavis: Oh yeah, and so it's like, like, the uh, like his son was like, uh, like a dork, heheheheheheheh....

Butthead: Uh huh huh -- so like, his own son was like, his stepdad, uh huh huh huh...

Beavis: Yeah, so like, his mom was like, uh uh, a slut, heh heh heh heh

Butthead: Yeah, uh huh huh, she's a slut -- and then like, it turned out that dude was only 16.

Beavis: Yeah, heh heh heh

(Laughing)

Genius.
July 30th, 2004 02:31 PM
scratched
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
That's why last year Sympathy For The Devil only reached #97 on the Hot 100 when the single was #1 on sales.

I think it was because it wasn't very good. If it had been a better remix it would have done a lot better. As far as I could see it was just the original recording with a more contemporary beat behind it. It sounded odd and more could have been done with it.
July 30th, 2004 03:18 PM
jb Bill Wyman is sorely missed as he was the perfect compliment for Keith and Charlie. Sadly, he has become somewhat bitter in his later years,, but perhaps it's his way of coming to terms with his decision to leave the band...Although these guys all made a lot of money and lived the lives we can only dream of, I can understand how being ignored all those years could cause him to have these misguided feelings....As for MT, the comments were in 75 when he, and we, all thought he had great things to come...sadly, his solo career never took off and I trust deep inside, boring or not, he has reservations about his career choices...nonetheless, the man was the greatest musical force to ever play with the band.

[Edited by jb]
July 30th, 2004 05:43 PM
F505 thx jb
July 30th, 2004 05:50 PM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:
thx jb

Hi F505
July 30th, 2004 05:57 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:
Bill Wyman is sorely missed as he was the perfect compliment for Keith and Charlie. Sadly, he has become somewhat bitter in his later years,, but perhaps it's his way of coming to terms with his decision to leave the band...Although these guys all made a lot of money and lived the lives we can only dream of, I can understand how being ignored all those years could cause him to have these misguided feelings....As for MT, the comments were in 75 when he, and we, all thought he had great things to come...sadly, his solo career never took off and I trust deep inside, boring or not, he has reservations about his career choices...nonetheless, the man was the greatest musical force to ever play with the band.

Words

[Edited by jb]

Page: 1 2 3