ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wyman glad to be away from "boring" Stones... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
July 27th, 2004 11:35 PM
Soldatti WYMAN GLAD TO BE AWAY FROM 'BORING' STONES

Former ROLLING STONE BILL WYMAN has slammed his former bandmates MICK JAGGER and KEITH RICHARDS as "boring" accusing them of having "run out of ideas".

The 67-year-old bassist, who left the band in the early 90s, is glad he quit the legendary rockers as he was fed-up with his creativity being sidelined, while Jagger and Richards monopolised writing all the songs.

Wyman says, "The best thing is that I'm no longer confined to writing heavy rock songs like Mick and Keith, who seem to have run out of ideas. They haven't had a hit for 30 years.

"There was never any access to writing, Mick and Keith didn't really want anybody else involved.

"I loved what we were doing, but my creative side wasn't being given a chance and sticking to the same safe format became boring for me."

27/07/2004 17:31

CONTACTMUSIC.COM Limited is not responsible for the content, reliability or authenticity of the foregoing news feed and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within. Without exception, listings shall not be taken as an endorsement of any kind whatsoever.
July 28th, 2004 12:32 AM
glencar It's only been 15 years since their last hit!
July 28th, 2004 01:08 AM
Taptrick

Oh please Bill - a lot of things probably seemed boring to you when you were molesting 14 year olds.
July 28th, 2004 02:09 AM
corgi37 And some of you want him in the band? Fat chance - EVER.

Mind you, he has got a point. 7 years and waiting for new album.
July 28th, 2004 02:28 AM
UGot2Rollme yeah, now that Bill's creativity has no longer been stifled by those "boring" Stones, what has he been doing? playing old 3-chord cover tunes...

wow, Bill, you've really added alot to your genre, YOU FUCKING OLD WIG FART!
July 28th, 2004 03:00 AM
F505 Maybe The Stones are glad they got rid of boring Wyman?

July 28th, 2004 04:20 AM
L&A I had a good laugh last month, watching to a ZDF (German Television) special event for the 50 years of RnR. Bill was invited among many others (Peter Frampton, Peter Gabriel, Toto, Ian Anderson...). The interviewer asked him: "In which band would you like to play today ?". You can imagine poor Bill:"...hem, the Rhythm Kings..?!"
July 28th, 2004 05:28 AM
Gazza Thank you for posting.

Now hopefully the "bring back Bill" brigade will give it a rest and move on.

He isn't interested any more. Get over it.

If his creativity was being 'sidelined' then a listen to Bill's solo albums when he was still in the band will tell you all you need to know.
[Edited by Gazza]
July 28th, 2004 05:50 AM
Moonisup bill has a wig
July 28th, 2004 06:51 AM
Steel Wheels I've always hated Bill, with extreme passion and malice. I hate Bill so much that I refuse to admit that he was once a Stone.
July 28th, 2004 07:00 AM
F505
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Thank you for posting.

Now hopefully the "bring back Bill" brigade will give it a rest and move on.

He isn't interested any more. Get over it.

If his creativity was being 'sidelined' then a listen to Bill's solo albums when he was still in the band will tell you all you need to know.
[Edited by Gazza]

Maybe they should ask Bill back and beg him to write the 14 tracks on the new Stones album
July 28th, 2004 07:31 AM
JaggaRichards Sounds like Bill is living 'In Another Land'........
July 28th, 2004 08:33 AM
gimmekeef Hey Bill....Monkey Grip This!!!!!!!!!
July 28th, 2004 09:18 AM
caro LOL! Those hate threads always bring out the best in y'all...

Regardless of Bill's bitter comments in the past, that kind of articles bugs me. First they announce Bill finds Mick&Keith "boring", and only 5 lines later you have the actual quote, saying he got bored with the format, and the fact he couldn't make song suggestions. There's a pretty huge difference.
July 28th, 2004 09:27 AM
Gimme Shelter Their last "hit" was in '97 with "Anybody Seen My Baby". It got massive airplay on the radio and it had a video that received quite a bit of time on both MTV and VH1.
July 28th, 2004 10:19 AM
MrPleasant I see it this way: who could find the least pleasure out of fucking? Old whores, of course. And Bill Wyman is a proud old whore.
July 28th, 2004 10:25 AM
Gazza LOL

Good to see you live up to your screen name!
July 28th, 2004 10:43 AM
MrPleasant I forgot to add: "With all due respect", of course.
July 28th, 2004 11:03 AM
Joey " Wyman says, "The best thing is that I'm no longer confined to writing heavy rock songs like Mick and Keith, who seem to have run out of ideas. They haven't had a hit for 30 years. "

Hey , now THAT is NOT fair ..........................

It has only been 23 years since their last hit ( See " Tattoo You " [ ie: Mick Taylor ] )

Shiver .................................................

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Furskee !
July 28th, 2004 11:19 AM
telecaster Bill Wyman deserves all the respect I gave the booger I flipped out my sunroof this morning
July 28th, 2004 11:58 AM
Some Guy F U Bill!
July 28th, 2004 12:33 PM
Jumacfly I love Bill...
July 28th, 2004 01:23 PM
F505
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
I love Bill...

Bill Perks?
July 28th, 2004 01:30 PM
Some Guy
quote:
F505 wrote:

Bill Perks?

No, BILL PERKS
July 28th, 2004 02:21 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Bill Wyman deserves all the respect I gave the booger I flipped out my sunroof this morning

Hi Tele .........................................

Are you looking forward to your summer vacation in California next month ?

I am really glad that you got " WHO Hollywood Bowl " tickets for August 9th ...............you're gonna love the show .
July 28th, 2004 02:26 PM
Soldatti
quote:
F505 wrote:

Bill Perks?

Bill Wigman?

July 28th, 2004 02:49 PM
F505 Who has a picture of Bill (Perks) without wig?
July 28th, 2004 04:19 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
F505 wrote:
Who has a picture of Bill (Perks) without wig?

probably this one, the guy on the right may be??

(bps*: from a danish site, the name is on

bandwitch post scriptum

cheers

Ju

July 28th, 2004 04:33 PM
F505 That man on the left is almost bald...
July 28th, 2004 04:44 PM
Moonisup

during the exile sessions he was bald
Page: 1 2 3