ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Played On Our Fears Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
August 10th, 2005 02:28 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I guess I'll have to wait until 9:00 PM to fully make up my mind here. That's when Sean Hannity comes on the TV and tells me what to think.

... now I understand. LOL

I can tend to be a bit slow on the uptake.
August 10th, 2005 02:32 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Jerry in Boston wrote:

So's Jill Kelly. I like it like that.

I like you Jerry. You'd fit in nicely at www.maxlugar.com.

August 10th, 2005 02:51 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]Jerry in Boston wrote:

So's Jill Kelly. I like it like that.

I like you Jerry. You'd fit in nicely at www.maxlugar.com.

Why thank you kindly! But... I don't see Crown Royal on the alcohol page.
August 10th, 2005 03:07 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Jerry in Boston wrote:

Why thank you kindly! But... I don't see Crown Royal on the alcohol page.

I'll work on that right away!

August 10th, 2005 03:18 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

I'll work on that right away!

" Jaggerbombs " ?!?!?!

....Joey like
August 10th, 2005 03:34 PM
Scottfree
quote:
jb wrote:
the sentiment of most red state Americans who love sending other kids off to die in Iraq..

Those other kids overwhemingly supported Bush...Of all people to support the cause I would figure the Jews certainly would....Afterall, Saddam gave 25k to the families of Palesitnian sucide bombers, to kill Jews.....
August 10th, 2005 04:06 PM
USFan How DARE the incompetent and willful members of this rock 'n' roll band humiliate their followers in the eyes of the world and in the conscience of their own fans. How dare the Stones subject us to such dishonor, and disgrace. How dare they drag the good name of The Rolling Stones through the mud of the American political arena!
August 10th, 2005 04:10 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
USFan wrote:
How dare they drag the good name of The Rolling Stones through the mud of the American political arena!

ROTFLMAO
August 10th, 2005 04:12 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
USFan wrote:
How DARE the incompetent and willful members of this rock 'n' roll band humiliate their followers in the eyes of the world and in the conscience of their own fans. How dare the Stones subject us to such dishonor, and disgrace.

Thats what I've been saying for years. And yet on the Big Bang tour they return to Germany yet again!
August 10th, 2005 06:25 PM
texile i don't get it! why would anyone be surprised that jagger would be anti-bush or anti-american policy? its hilarious.......and i love it!
lotsajazz - indian girl, sfm, undercover - not a lee greenwood in the bunch!
August 10th, 2005 06:33 PM
72Tele Don't let the door hit your stupid ass on the way out cunt.
August 10th, 2005 07:42 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! >>>We feared that the Stones would get involved in politics and Mick promised us they wouldn't. Now, look what's happening. He betrayed his fans and played on our fears.<<<

You might feel betrayed for whatever reason, but I personally don’t give a fuck. As a matter of fact
I couldn’t care less about what Mick writes when it comes to politics, his voting habits, his shoe size or anything else. The only thing that I’m concerned with about him is his health, his ability to deliver a great performance, his singing, guitar playing and his overall attention to The Rolling Stones, anything else is basically his business and this includes writing about what he feels like. I’m a musician and songwriter as well and I can tell you this, when it comes to writing, the only thing that you should be concerned about is the quality of the song, not whether everyone is going to like it, because it’s obvious that not everyone will. You can’t please everyone all the time now can you.

>>>I used to think songs like Winter were such gorgeous works of art, full of melodic guitar lines and heartfelt lyrics.

Now all I see is Mick in a bomb belt when I play it. How could I see the beauty in that song knowing Mick wrote Neo-Con? It doesn't make sense!

Goat's Head Soup was the FIRST CD I burned, literally, last night.

I'll burn the rest this weekend.

I wonder if Lisa will have to war a Burka this tour.<<<

Well, that’s about stupid! Don’t you think that you’re taking this thing a little too far?

>>>How can I enjoy the raging power and fury of Street Fighting Man in '72 knowing Mick Jagger now takes a wimpy, dirty liberal, fey-boy stance on the "War on Terror"?
Neo-Con has made it clear to me: It would not make sense if I did! So I don't. Later Mick Ali-Jagger! <<

For God sakes man, it’s just a song. By the way any bashing of Bush Is fucking alright with me. Just ask any mother who has lost her son to this fucked up war and listen to what she has to say. Yeah, he may have died for his country and she’s proud of him for that fact alone, but there is no reason that he should have died in the first place if we weren’t over there fighting an unjust war. This war is nothing more then a way to feed GW’s ego and line our pockets with blood money. You tell me what the hell are we doing over there when there is so much to do here in the U.S to help our own people? This war is no different then Vietnam, it’s unwinable because no matter how long we stay there, those people are eventually going to do whatever they want. It’s their land, not ours.

>>>I look at photo of Mick draped in an American flag, and I feel like I've been married to a serial killer for 20 years.<<<

Isn’t draping yourself in a American flag or warring it as a bikni suppose to be unpatriotic? I never heard anyone complain during the 81’ tour.

One last thing, fuck Bush and his anti-American policies. I’m sure that his record collection is just loaded with Stones records right! In reality, I’m quite sure he’s never liked The Stones music or their anti-establishment attitudes, so why in the hell should Jagger have anything good to say about him. It makes no difference to me whether Mick would sing anything about GW or his policies one way or the other. But, if he happens to do so, I’m happy that it’s the truth instead of some cover-up hero crap like Ted Nugent would write.
Fuck Bush!

August 10th, 2005 08:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
USFan wrote:
How DARE the incompetent and willful members of this rock 'n' roll band humiliate their followers in the eyes of the world and in the conscience of their own fans. How dare the Stones subject us to such dishonor, and disgrace. How dare they drag the good name of The Rolling Stones through the mud of the American political arena!

You poor sensitive little love...

When did Stones fans become such fucking pussies?

Am I alone in thinking this guy is completely taking the piss?

He is..isn't he??
August 10th, 2005 08:36 PM
HellsRollingThunder Okay, Okay it does NOT make any difference what Mick and the
Stones think about President Bush or any US Politician. He can
talk and sing all day about whatever he wants to. Forget about it.
We are not buying the song to hear Mick's political views anyway.

Other musicians have written about politics and other stuff and
who cares? If it bothers you do NOT listen to the song. I have
NOT heard it but I have heard the Stones songs since 1964 and
nothing they write about or sing about surprises me anymore.
Politics is nothing to what they have written about all along.
I don't recall the Stones ever writing a song about the Queen have
they? They have written and sang so many songs sometimes it
is hard to remember. We love the Stones and their music and one
song (I hope) should not deter our seeing them, listening to their
music or whatever. Can we please get past this and talk
about whatever the subject was before this dumb song came up?
August 10th, 2005 10:41 PM
USFan B.S. Like it wouldn't bother you if Mick (out of the blue) started ranting against your favorite liberal causes on an album. I always liked the Stones because they stayed out of the polarized political world - the only other band I know of that's managed to stay so overtly neutral over the years is Aerosmith, which is tough for them because they're from Boston, the heart of liberalism. It pisses me off because I'm a Stones fan, have been all my life, bought dozens of records and attended shows, and now all of a sudden Mick puts me in a position where I have to decide whether to support the band I like or support my belief that entertainers have no business to be talking about political issues. They are mostly gifted people who are good at one particular thing (making music, acting, etc.) but are also very uneducated and have no authority to speak on political issues. They have enormous influence and to use that irresponsibly is...well, irresponsible. Funny how the band is now backing off their comments too, chicken sh!ts.
August 10th, 2005 11:07 PM
BILL PERKS [quote]USFan wrote:
B.S. Like it wouldn't bother you if Mick (out of the blue) started ranting against your favorite liberal causes on an album. I always liked the Stones because they stayed out of the polarized political world - the only other band I know of that's managed to stay so overtly neutral over the years is Aerosmith, which is tough for them because they're from Boston, the heart of liberalism. It pisses me off because I'm a Stones fan, have been all my life, bought dozens of records and attended shows, and now all of a sudden Mick puts me in a position where I have to decide whether to support the band I like or support my belief that entertainers have no business to be talking about political issues. They are mostly gifted people who are good at one particular thing (making music, acting, etc.) but are also very uneducated and have no authority to speak on political issues.

YOU'RE A BORING WANKER!
August 10th, 2005 11:09 PM
Steel Wheels US Fan,

What a moron you are. Giving up on a band over a song? How fucking lame is that? How are the Stones playing on our fears? And what are these fears you mention? What a knee jerk, common, and idiotic response to something.

You must be a very common dude - very, very common. Drink you average beer, eat your average food, run a comb through your mullet, and wave that Bush flag high and proud. Make certain no one ever voices an opinion around you that may differ from yours.

A lonely life filled with the average everyday is in order.
August 10th, 2005 11:14 PM
USFan I'm from Washington, D.C. and am just a bit used to differing political opinions. When a politician or educated figure has something to say about a particular issue, I listen and then make up my own mind. But when I want to escape the polarized political climate, I enjoy having a drink and listening to great bands like the Stones. In return for my money, I expect them to not pollute a CD or concert with political statements. Keith Richards commenting on politics is the exact same thing as a homeless heroin addict who dropped out of high school coming up to you on the street and saying, "Hey, f**k George Bush."
August 10th, 2005 11:17 PM
Steel Wheels I'm from Earth dude, and you're lame!

STONES! YEAH! HOMELESS KEEF!

August 10th, 2005 11:18 PM
USFan By the way, I go to bed at night praying for American and British troops and victims of terrorism, while you go to bed praying for Charlie Watts. Who's the loser here?
August 10th, 2005 11:19 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
USFan wrote:

{snip} ... Boston, the heart of liberalism... {snip}

YEAH, BABY!!!! Wooo hoo! We're a pit.. it's an absolute orgy of sin up here in Boston! {eye roll} What's worse, we don't all walk around with bibles stuck up our asses telling everyone else how they should live their lives by one religious faith's standards. I'd rather live in a free liberal society than in the bible belt, the heart of puritanic traditionalism at its worst.

Doesn't geography suck? LOL
August 10th, 2005 11:22 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
USFan wrote:
Keith Richards commenting on politics is the exact same thing as a homeless heroin addict who dropped out of high school coming up to you on the street and saying, "Hey, f**k George Bush."

No. Keith commenting on politics is the same as you commenting on politics.

Why are you able and not he?
August 10th, 2005 11:22 PM
USFan I'm originally from Washington, D.C., not exactly a heart of conservativism, so your point makes absolutely no sense. And you'll find plenty of liberals and conservatives in every U.S. state. My point is that Boston is this country's center of liberal thought (Harvard? Ted Kennedy?) and for Aerosmith to keep their mouths shut about politics over the years is pretty damn remarkable.
August 10th, 2005 11:25 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
USFan wrote:
By the way, I go to bed at night praying for American and British troops and victims of terrorism, while you go to bed praying for Charlie Watts. Who's the loser here?

August 10th, 2005 11:27 PM
Poplar

the stones opened the tour tonight, and people are on this thread?

this is bullshit...
August 10th, 2005 11:28 PM
USFan It's so funny how the Stones can dish it out and jump on the media-led Bush-bashing bandwagon but when the tables are turned and FANS start demanding answers, you wilt under pressure. The band was doing some major backpedaling and damage control today too - did you see their comments to CNN? I will post. They also said they will have "no further comment." Kind of sounds like the White House they loathe so much, doesn't it?!?
August 10th, 2005 11:29 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
USFan wrote:
I'm originally from Washington, D.C., not exactly a heart of conservativism, so your point makes absolutely no sense. And you'll find plenty of liberals and conservatives in every U.S. state. My point is that Boston is this country's center of liberal thought (Harvard? Ted Kennedy?) and for Aerosmith to keep their mouths shut about politics over the years is pretty damn remarkable.

It was a bit of a joke, but since you seem to take things quite seriously:

This whole thread makes absolutely no sense! If you think The Rolling Stones have let you down, they by all means, stop listening and go away. I believe the solution you're so desperately looking for might be hidden somewhere in your Aerosmith cd collection. Meaning, listen to them instead.
[Edited by Jerry in Boston]
August 10th, 2005 11:30 PM
Steel Wheels Charlie is my darling!

Keep on with your nonsense DC Kid. You are a lame-o! Make sure you listen to your Average-smith records and avoid anything by Dylan, solo Lennon, Pearl Jam, or the Blues as done by the legends like John Lee Hooker, Robert Johnson, and BB King. It all may ruffle your mind a bit.
August 10th, 2005 11:31 PM
Poplar
yup
August 10th, 2005 11:34 PM
USFan I agree, it's bullsh!t that the Stones made the release of an otherwise great album and exciting tour about this controversy instead of their music. All your anger should be directed at the band for messing up this experience for you.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)