ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Craig... you rock!!
A Bigger Bang Tour Warm-up gig
©`Craig Martin from Classic Albums Live Toronto
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Played On Our Fears Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
August 10th, 2005 12:39 PM
nankerphelge I didn't have to assume anything before you edited your post.
August 10th, 2005 12:41 PM
Zulu Fun Mix Yeah, uh, "US Fan." I'm sure if Mick had written some sort of jock/macho/yahoo anthem celebrating bombing Baghdad back to the Stone Age you would have been truly aghast at how he played on our worst fears by going political. Don't be such a full-of-shit hypocrite.
August 10th, 2005 12:43 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
USFan wrote:
He's betrayed us too. I loved how the Stones stayed out of politics and rocked the f*ck out for all these years, now they descend into this petty nonsense. They've lost at least one fan.

"Highwire" is the first one to come to my mind, but what-ev-er!

I live in Mass - yes, it's a "blue state" and it's no surprise I hate Bush - but that doesn't matter. This is a Stones song... music... a record... a tour... who the f**k really cares if Mick's taking a stab at W and Condi? I don't! Even if he was ripping Kerry for having less than any balls, I wouldn't care! Why? Cuz it's music. I don't give a f**k what Sting or U2 has to say about politics, or Springsteen about the economy, or Geldof about world hunger for that matter. To me, it's just a f**king song, dude! Shut the f**k up, listen to the music for what it's worth (entertainment, if you need a clue), go to the show, and try and just have some fun. We need that in our lives!

Sheesh!

August 10th, 2005 12:43 PM
Monkey Woman That's what posting quickly does to one, nanker... And reading too quickly, too! My point was about USfan betraying his ignorance, not about "right-wingers" not being able to be Stones fan, wich I never said. Anyway, I wouldn't be able to, in all honesty, when there are a regular bunch of them at RO...
August 10th, 2005 12:44 PM
CraigP I have a feeling I'm gonna love Neo-Con... The Stones are punks, always were, always will be. It's just that they haven't been very political in the past... Fuck Bush, fuck war, fuck politics, and the U.S. government... listen to the Stones. (I agree: fuck the ticket prices also). That's all
August 10th, 2005 12:48 PM
Maxlugar How can I enjoy the raging power and fury of Street Fighting Man in '72 knowing Mick Jagger now takes a wimpy, dirty liberal, fey-boy stance on the "War on Terror"?

Neo-Con has made it clear to me: It would not make sense if I did!

So I don't.

Later Mick Ali-Jagger!

August 10th, 2005 12:48 PM
nankerphelge You are no longer a gaping asshole, MW!
[Edited by nankerphelge]
August 10th, 2005 12:50 PM
Monkey Woman If it makes you feel any better, nanker!
August 10th, 2005 12:50 PM
jb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
How can I enjoy the raging power and fury of Street Fighting Man in '72 knowing Mick Jagger now takes a wimpy, dirty liberal, fey-boy stance on the "War on Terror"?

Neo-Con has made it clear to me: It would not make sense if I did!

So I don't.

Later Mick Ali-Jagger!

Good Move...........at least you are true to Sean hannity's talking points.....Burn those tickets and records, and go see Toby Keith and Rev. James Dobson,
August 10th, 2005 12:51 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
You are a gaping asshole!

an illustratively clever right wing reply :-)

August 10th, 2005 12:51 PM
nankerphelge It does, MW -- I don't like having to "out" people!

And for littlejizz, all I can say is that your statement is so condescending and mean spirited, I gave you the only reply you deserve.
[Edited by nankerphelge]
August 10th, 2005 12:53 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Jerry in Boston wrote:

This is a Stones song... music... a record... a tour... who the f**k really cares if Mick's taking a stab at W and Condi? I don't! Even if he was ripping Kerry for having less than any balls, I wouldn't care! Why? Cuz it's music.

Yeah I used to think that way too. Up until yesterday.

But then it hit me! It doesn't make sense to keep loving the Stones when they just called me an A-Hole! It doesn't make sense at all!

Wise up! Music is everything! If you like a band or any other form of entertainment, you must agree FULLY with any political stance they might have. Otherwise, they are just making an idiot of you.

Mick can go plant his road side bombs in some other country. He's not wanted here!

M!
August 10th, 2005 12:53 PM
sirmoonie I look at photo of Mick draped in an American flag, and I feel like I've been married to a serial killer for 20 years.
August 10th, 2005 12:56 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
You can wear your Bush in 4 t-shirt in your front row seats in empty Wallace stadum....C'mon, I dare you big man!!!! Don't be, as ss alwasy calls me, a wussy....show those bastards you are a proud American ....
[Edited by jb]

Whatever happened to the ss ?
August 10th, 2005 12:57 PM
Maxlugar I heard Wallace Wade Stadium is being outfitted with two scale models of the Twin Towers so that they can fly two remote control airplanes into them.

Sick English f*cks!

I aint going to THAT!

Apparently no one else is...
August 10th, 2005 12:58 PM
jb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I heard Wallace Wade Stadium is being outfitted with two scale models of the Twin Towers so that they can fly two remote control airplanes into them.

Sick English f*cks!

I aint going to THAT!

Apparently no one else is...

mAYBE i'LL BUY THE FRONT ROW TICKETS FROM YOU FOR $95.00?
[Edited by jb]
August 10th, 2005 01:00 PM
Joey " .. aint going to THAT!

Apparently no one else is..."

<------ mAYBE i'LL BUY THE FRONT ROW TICKETS FROM YOU FOR $95,00?

Yeah , great idea Lil' Fiji ( Ah , ... Er ... I mean Lil ' Buddy ).
August 10th, 2005 01:01 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" .. aint going to THAT!

Apparently no one else is..."

<------ mAYBE i'LL BUY THE FRONT ROW TICKETS FROM YOU FOR $95,00?

Yeah , great idea Lil' Fiji ( Ah , ... Er ... I mean Lil ' Buddy ).

Joey, if Maxy sells me those seats, I'll pay for your ticket to fly in to Durham(12 days from Nebraska).
August 10th, 2005 01:04 PM
Maxlugar Mick will probably fly onto the stage on a Magic Carpet at MSG.

I'm hoping a small Neo-Con Reaction Force will be there to detain him upon arrival.

Let's see how lil Jumpin' Jack Laden likes having his Koran crapped on at Gitmo!

August 10th, 2005 01:05 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Wise up! Music is everything! If you like a band or any other form of entertainment, you must agree FULLY with any political stance they might have. Otherwise, they are just making an idiot of you.

Well, I guess I just don't take it that seriously. I am firm in my belief system and even if Mick has differing veiws it just doesn't matter to me. If I like the band, or the song,.... well, I like it. I love the band KISS but I disagree almost completely with Gene Simmons' politics. Who cares what he thinks? Not me! Same goes for religion... I am not a christian, but does that mean I should only like non-christian singers? Mick says, "Thank you Jesus, Thank you Lord" in a song... does that mean I should have stopped liking the Stones cuz he referred to Jesus? No way! I don't care if Mick drops to his knees every night and does the rosery (sp?).... doesn't mean I have to stop liking his lyrics.

I love the Beatles song "Let It Be"... but I don't think Mary's all that. Should I therefore hate the song? NO Way!

Ah well, my friend, to each his own. I wish you well without the Stones if indeed you truly say goodbye.
August 10th, 2005 01:15 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Jerry in Boston wrote:

Well, I guess I just don't take it that seriously. I am firm in my belief system and even if Mick has differing veiws it just doesn't matter to me. If I like the band, or the song,.... well, I like it. I love the band KISS but I disagree almost completely with Gene Simmons' politics. Who cares what he thinks? Not me! Same goes for religion... I am not a christian, but does that mean I should only like non-christian singers? Mick says, "Thank you Jesus, Thank you Lord" in a song... does that mean I should have stopped liking the Stones cuz he referred to Jesus? No way! I don't care if Mick drops to his knees every night and does the rosery (sp?).... doesn't mean I have to stop liking his lyrics.

I love the Beatles song "Let It Be"... but I don't think Mary's all that. Should I therefore hate the song? NO Way!

Ah well, my friend, to each his own. I wish you well without the Stones if indeed you truly say goodbye.

I don't know, you make a lot of sense. Do you plan on having a long career here at RO? Better check that at the door.

I guess I'll have to wait until 9:00 PM to fully make up my mind here. That's when Sean Hannity comes on the TV and tells me what to think.

August 10th, 2005 01:16 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Joey, if Maxy sells me those seats, I'll pay for your ticket to fly in to Durham(12 days from Nebraska).

Done !

August 10th, 2005 01:20 PM
sirmoonie The Stones have been playing in Germany since the 1960s. Looking back now, this anti-American stance of theirs is nothing new. Howe gullible we have all been.
August 10th, 2005 01:27 PM
Maxlugar They (The Stones) hate us for our "Chosen ones".

If not for them, we'd be getting more patriotic songs.

And no terrorism.

August 10th, 2005 01:28 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
The Stones have been playing in Germany since the 1960s. Looking back now, this anti-American stance of theirs is nothing new. Howe gullible we have all been.

The Stones played eighty five dates in Germany alone last tour .
August 10th, 2005 01:30 PM
monkey_man Maxy, I love your sense of humor!
August 10th, 2005 01:31 PM
Maxlugar At the Detriot show, the consession stands are selling only Falafel.

August 10th, 2005 01:31 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:

The Stones played eighty five dates in Germany alone last tour .

The writing was on the wall. They've been plotting Sweet Neo Con since at least the 1990s. Why did we not see it?
August 10th, 2005 01:32 PM
Joey
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Maxy, I love your sense of humor!

I would like to baste Max in milk for 48 hours, hog-tie him and let hungry baby lambs skeletonize his quivering, quaking carcass.
August 10th, 2005 01:50 PM
gimmekeef What a waste of energy even typing on this thread.........night all.....
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)