ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Between Steel Wheels & Urban Jungle 1989 ~ 1990
Paul Natkin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[
Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:
Begin PicoSearch Code

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: most underrated album Return to archive Page: 1 2
08-05-02 10:26 AM
Scot Rocks From what I can remember on VH1s greatest albums, the only Stones album that was there was Sticky Fingers at no. 70!!!!!!!Shocking, while classic artists like Dido, R. Williams, Madonna Destiny's Child to name a few were well inside the top 50!!!...

Maybe this was the shitty UK vote, but if that is the case they are all certainly underrated here

Mark
08-06-02 02:24 AM
Prodigal Son It must have been a UK list, because on VH1 they still fucked up but gave Exile no. 12. On one hand I was shocked it was not at least top 5, on the other I was surprised the moronic VH1 had even heard of the album. I have a book of UK readers voting in to make a top 1000 list from 1998 and the top 100 had deserving guys like the Beatles, Stones, Dylan, the Band, U2, Van Morrison's Astral Weeks at 13 was a shocker, plus Bowie, other guys. Then mixed in with a bunch of shitheads I'd never heard of at the time like Manic Street Preachers, Portishead, Supergrass, the Verve (have heard of as I'm sure all Stones fans have), Pulp, Radiohead (knew), Tori Amos (knew), Ocean Colour Scene. It was a debacle! The one that hit home most about how dumb UK pop fans (no offense) are is the Spice Girls debut at 101 ahead of Beggar's Banquet and Sticky Fingers! ARRGH. And everything else good. The editor said he wishes the list was different and he couldn't control some of the unjust votes. He went light on it. i would've said "This book is the dumbest list you will ever see. So dumb not even VH1 or MTV could out-puke this." Even Charlie letting one rip has better artistic quality than these fucking pretenders. Never mind. We all know the true great albums.
08-07-02 04:34 PM
The Worst To me, Voodoo Lounge is not as underrated, as some in this thread made it to be. Most Stones fans think, that it is the best Stones album since Some Girls, but I think, that Bridges was better.
I think, that the most underrated Rolling Stones album is Satanic Majesties, not a song on it, that I dislike. The next underrated albums are Decembers Children, Satanic Majesties, Goats Head Soup, Black&Blue and Emotional Rescue.
08-07-02 04:58 PM
Boomhauer They should have put Jump on Top of Me on VL.
08-07-02 09:27 PM
Gazza Polls mean fuck-all for the simple reason that if you ask a 15 year old to name a great album or a great artist theyre gonna list shite like the Spice Girls or Boyzone or Robbie Williams etc simply because theyve only been listening to music for about two years and know no better. Hence you get a ridiculously disproportinate poll result. Thats what youre up against. What would the average teenager be expected to know or care about the Stones when they havent released an album for five years, havent had a top 10 single in over two decades and charge prices for their concerts that no-one of that age could possibly afford. If you ask a kid to name a great guitarist they'll probably say Noel Gallagher or some other idiot as they'd know nothing about Jimi hendrix. We're living in a 'now' generation that has very little clue about its musical past. Blame MTV etc for that. It wasnt the same when we were kids. Its no big deal and not worth getting annoyed about,really

most underrated album: Bridges To Babylon
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road