ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Kitchener, Ontario - August 8th 2003
By Toronto Tom with thanks to Lazy Bones

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: They did it goddamn it...... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
07-30-03 11:05 PM
full moon They DID sing with that piece of trash Timberpuff... WTF is going on.. Iam very ill and have to go release my bowels.....
07-30-03 11:07 PM
telecaster A new low. They need to retire now. This is very difficult for me to say but they are losing it

It has been a great ride, the greatest, but it is all over now

I feel ill

07-30-03 11:11 PM
steel driving hammer Justin better owe the rest of his sweet short life to the Stones.

That bitch better be a slave to them.

A slave, a puppet, a bitch.
07-30-03 11:11 PM
full moon It is officailly over now. They have become cartoon characters. This should be the last night for this board. I petition everyone to leave and never post again. Let's go out with a bang tonight. MF.....
07-30-03 11:13 PM
Riffhard All I need is a gun with one bullet. I've already got the booze.

Riffhard
07-30-03 11:16 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Is that guy really that bad? A clown? never heard a single word about him...
07-30-03 11:17 PM
stonedinaustralia aren't we all over-reacting a bit

in a way it's classic stones behaviour - flying in the face of the expectations of both the general public and their hard - core fans

what did this timberlake character actually do on stage???
07-30-03 11:21 PM
Nellcote So, I suppose the duet with Dave Matthews in the day, was better than Justin? I RUN for cover everytime I play No Security with that horrid performance. Sure, it was not Axl & Guns from '89, or Stevie Wonder from '72 however, I'll take it over Matthews in a snap. Great to see they included Angus & Malcom again!
[Edited by Nellcote]
[Edited by Nellcote]
07-30-03 11:24 PM
Riffhard ummhmm,.....I say again. Just a gun and one bullet! Over!

Riffhard
steel driving hammer Good point Nellcote.
full moon JOEY WILL BE SHITTING LIQUID AGAIN> HIS ASS WILL BE RAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
07-30-03 11:53 PM
fmk438j I'm just thinking who would Justin T's equivalent have been back in say the mid seventies? Donny Osmond or Michael Jackson? May put things into some perspective.

Didn't Mick say once that Justin is a shit dancer and that he's not original, only copying evryone else's moves?
07-31-03 12:12 AM
sirmoonie Donny Osmond would be a good analogy.

Leif Garret.

The Banana Splits.

Barry Manilow.

Erik Estrada.

The Partridge Family.

Pinkie Tuscadero.

Dondi.

What a fucking joke.
07-31-03 12:15 AM
fmk438j
Yeah, Danny Partridge on bass could really restore the stones drive to that of the glory days.
07-31-03 12:15 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Dave Matthews?

Guys, calm fucking down. Is it humiliating? You betcha. It sucks fucking balls.

But is it "the end of the Stones"? No. I feel the same way I felt when I heard that Dave Matthews had gone up on stage with them... like someone had played a cruel joke on my band and they needed to play to restore it.

The problem is that they haven't been playing constistantly enough on this tour to be anywhere near capable of erasing this, unless for some reason they do a kickass Astoria show and Mick Taylor does *not* guest on all songs.

-tSYX --- Down in the guttah...
07-31-03 12:18 AM
Phog No matter how sickening this is, I just think back to the Cirkus show eight days ago. This is pretty disheartening, though.
[Edited by Phog]
07-31-03 12:18 AM
Soul Survivor When you think about it, its a festival to raise tourist attraction...

Its not like Justins on tour with the band

Im willing to let it fly
07-31-03 12:21 AM
Soul Survivor And for those of you bitching about how they should quit...

If they did quit youd be the same people bitching about how they should have stayed together
07-31-03 12:21 AM
Riffhard The closest comparisson would be if David Cassidy were to have done a deut with the Stones during the '72 tour of T. Dice. Now think on that for a minute would you?! They would never have sunk to that level of pop bullshit back in the day would they have?! Well campers,they just fucking did!!! I don't care who thinks that is overstating things. The fact is that my favorite band in the whole world just lost a whole hellava lot of their badboy cache! The Stones mystique was just nailed to the pop alter cross! Goddamned you Mick!!

Jagger's only redemption from this is to get some hot 25 year old South American model knocked up!!

Riffhard
07-31-03 12:25 AM
fmk438j In all seriousness, it doesn't bother me that much.

As soul survivor says, it was a tourist thing, a benefit. To includ JT probably kept 100,000 teenies from walking out at the start of the stone's set.

Is anyone really that surprised?

I just hope Keith made him drink a lot backstage and made him spew, and everyone laughed, and it was videod.
[Edited by fmk438j]
07-31-03 12:27 AM
Highwire Rob What? You're kiddin' me--Stones boogied with Timberlake??

This is Highwire (usually Pittsburgh) checkin' in from San Rafael, CA - visiting my Sister, hopin' to get a job out here. [George Lucas' Skywalker Ranch visible from the road-he's not returning my phone calls].

My second day was a sailboat cruise on the Bay... also a tour of Fairfax--Jerry Garcia territory. The inhabitants are realy friendly!! Note to VoodooChileanWonderland: Your country folk are the best!!

Hell... Timbertwinker and Stones? If I weren't in Cali I'd shoot myself!

--Oh yeah, almost forgot, aren't there some Hot Rocks chicks out this way? Or just LA... [hey, why did it get so quiet?...]
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
07-31-03 12:40 AM
Sir Stonesalot Denial folks.

That is what it's all about now. This officially never happened. If we all stick together, and say it never happened...edit it out of our copies of the gig...and NEVER speak of this again...then it really NEVER did happen.

So I am now officially denying that this whole Timberlake thing ever happened.

It's the only way I can keep ANY shred of respect for what the Stones are doing now.
07-31-03 12:45 AM
sirmoonie Its similar to the Stones flying to LA after the Brussels 73 show to play Tumbling Dice on the Donny and Marie Variety show. And then in the middle of the song, Mick goes off stage for a moment and drags a "surprised" Donny on stage to share the mike with him, where, to a loud applause track, they then share a few words we can't make out, but that are punctuated with big smiles and a few rolls of the eyes that are supposed to look like an inside joke, before they do an a capella rendition of "you got to roll me" while the rest of the band beams on dreamily about what a wondeful night it is.

I wouldn't even wish this torment on an Eagles fan.

I wish I had SARS.

"Last time I hold a goddam candlelight vigil for your gay ass band, Ronnie!"
07-31-03 12:45 AM
parmeda
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Is that guy really that bad? A clown? never heard a single word about him...

Be still my heart!

Hey...anybody have any young daughters that might have a CD or two of 'nsync laying around the house? Forward it to Voo, lmao! (That'll teach him )
07-31-03 12:58 AM
Sir Stonesalot >I wouldn't even wish this torment on an Eagles fan.<

You mean the band..right? Not the football team. Right?
07-31-03 01:50 AM
gypsy I'd wish it on Don Henley...cuz he's such a dick...with his Walden Pond thingy.
07-31-03 04:18 AM
beer This is a true low point in Stones history. This is a band that has played with Muddy Waters and Bo Diddley. A band that literally re invented Rock and Roll from 50's Eddie Cochran/ chuck berry/ little richard stuff to what became harder guitar riff oriented R-n-r because of songs like Get off My Cloud, Gimme Shelter,Satisfaction, Street fighten man, etc etc etc. A band that made R-n-r dirty, druggy, sleazy, and dangerous, Mick Jagger has turned into a pale, watered down joke. This kid (justin) has no right to be on the same stage as Keith and Charlie. Do you think that Timberlake could even name all the Stones two days ago? I seriously doubt it.

I admit that Jagger is really carrying the Stones these days, but that doesn't escape the fact that he is pissing on everything that made them great. Unforgivable.
07-31-03 04:40 AM
Diedre Calm down. We are talking about the song "Miss You." That song deserves Justin Timberlake. It sucks, he sucks. It's one of the most embarrassing things Mick ever did, and now he's just added another garnish. That's all.

Mick -- can't live with 'im, can't live without 'im.
07-31-03 04:54 AM
beer whatever. by that logic we might as well let some mediocre, casio playing fruitcake be the Stones musical director.......oh, wait....
07-31-03 07:32 AM
Factory Girl David Cassidy has a huge... Eddie Haskel also had a huge...

Page: 1 2 3