ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

40th anniversary of the Stones' first ever Dutch gig
August 8, 1964 - Kurhaus theatre in Scheveningen (Den Haag). Click here for more
© Some unknown hero - with thanks to Angiegirl!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I hate Hoobastank (ns) Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 24th, 2004 12:00 AM
Factory Girl I hate their song. I hate their fugly singer with no voice. I hate them more then Queen, Rush, and the Police.

July 24th, 2004 12:10 AM
Blind Dog McGhee I hate the name.
July 24th, 2004 12:19 AM
Factory Girl test. I despise Hooba.
July 24th, 2004 12:20 AM
gypsy What do they sing? That "So Fresh and So Clean" song?
July 24th, 2004 12:26 AM
Factory Girl They whine something like "I wish I was a better person....". They're AWFUL!!!
July 24th, 2004 12:28 AM
gypsy Oh. I never listen to the trendy radio stations anymore...one more reason why I'm driving separately to Missour--the boyfriend loves that techno fave rave trendy top 40 bullshit...and I can't stomach it for six hours.

FG, check your PM!
July 24th, 2004 12:32 AM
Factory Girl Ok. Hoobastank should be put to sleep.
July 24th, 2004 12:32 AM
Factory Girl My avatar has a tattoo. Huh!
July 24th, 2004 12:35 AM
gypsy Check your PM now...I just sent it.
July 24th, 2004 12:45 AM
Factory Girl gypsy, check your PM.
July 24th, 2004 12:58 AM
Snappy McJack I'd much rather listen to "Frogs" (AIC content ) on repeat then have to withstand one chorus or even one lyric of a Hoobastank song!
July 24th, 2004 01:03 AM
Factory Girl Hey, Hey Gypsy, check PM!

Snappy, I'm listening to AIC "Tripod" now. "...Yor body breaking as I take you down...yeah... May the sun never bilnd you eyes..." (song "Grind" by AIC)
July 24th, 2004 01:18 AM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Hey, Hey Gypsy, check PM!

Snappy, I'm listening to AIC "Tripod" now. "...Yor body breaking as I take you down...yeah... May the sun never bilnd you eyes..." (song "Grind" by AIC)

Yeah, I know. I'm an AIC fan -- but I don't like "Frogs"!
July 24th, 2004 11:11 AM
Blind Dog McGhee AIC were opportunists. Cant fault em for that, it's the American way. STP on the other hand...
July 24th, 2004 06:48 PM
Factory Girl STP singer Scott W. has the most ordinary voice. I find him so dull. Layne Staley, on the other hand, was a phenomenal singer
July 24th, 2004 07:18 PM
Blind Dog McGhee
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
STP singer Scott W. has the most ordinary voice. I find him so dull. Layne Staley, on the other hand, was a phenomenal singer

I always like Chris Cornell and Mark Arm's bands better.
July 25th, 2004 06:59 PM
Factory Girl Blind Doggy, do you like Mark Lanegan (Screaming Trees)? He did a duet with Layne for Mad Season (side project band), which is rather extraordinary.

Btw, Velvet Revolver has a #1 cd & single (according to some stupid radio station). I still don't have their (official) cd.
July 25th, 2004 07:19 PM
Blind Dog McGhee
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Blind Doggy, do you like Mark Lanegan (Screaming Trees)? He did a duet with Layne for Mad Season (side project band), which is rather extraordinary.

Btw, Velvet Revolver has a #1 cd & single (according to some stupid radio station). I still don't have their (official) cd.

Yes, I was once a fan of the Screaming Trees. Got drunk on Jack and Cokes one night and talked the ear off the bass player. Nice guy but I'm sure I was annoying as hell. Him and Lanegan where checking out a show on an off night. I think it was the tour they did with Soul Asylum and the Spin Doctors. Lanegan I stayed away from.

Don't think I ever heard Mad Season. Was probably moving away from the kind of music by then.
July 25th, 2004 07:25 PM
Factory Girl Why did you stay way from Lanegan???

Mad Season (cd is called "Above") has Layne on vocals, Mike Mcready on guitar, druumer from Screaming Trees (who is excellent) and Baker on bass. Its jazzy & mellow.
July 25th, 2004 07:48 PM
glencar FG, you ever see "Singles?" They play all that seattle stuff.
July 25th, 2004 08:12 PM
Blind Dog McGhee
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Why did you stay way from Lanegan???

Mad Season (cd is called "Above") has Layne on vocals, Mike Mcready on guitar, druumer from Screaming Trees (who is excellent) and Baker on bass. Its jazzy & mellow.

Lanegan scared me. He didn't look like he wanted to be bothered.

I'll see if I can get the Mad Season cd from the library. Looks like I can.

Format compact disc.
Phys.desc. 1 sound disc : digital, stereo. ; 4 3/4 in.
Note Compact disc.
"33 1/3 RPM"--Disc.
Credits and lyrics on container insert.
Credits Produced by Mad Season and Brett Eliason.
Layne Staley, vocals, guitar ; Mike McCready, electric and acoustic guitars ; John Baker Saunders, electric bass ; Barrett Martin, drums, percussion, upright bass, cello, marimba, vibes.
Note Recorded at Bad Animals, Seattle, WA.
Contents Wake up -- X-ray mind -- River of deceit -- I'm above -- Artificial red -- Lifeless dead -- I don't know anything -- Long gone day -- November hotel -- All alone.
Subject Rock music -- 1991-2000.
Standard# 7464670574
CK 67057
July 26th, 2004 07:27 AM
Factory Girl glencar-yep, I have singles on dvd. I think the movie is pretty sappy, actually.

Blind Doggy-my compliments to your public library. Let me know what you think of the cd.
July 26th, 2004 09:44 AM
glencar When I first saw it, I liked it a lot. It did seem somewhat "sappy" on second viewing. But then again, most Cameron Crowe movies are like that.
July 26th, 2004 10:56 AM
Factory Girl Yes, glencar-Cameron Crowe is a Sapmeister. I didn't like his flick with Kate Hudson. Singles is sappy, but enjoyable.
July 26th, 2004 11:14 AM
glencar I liked "Almost Famous" but ahve only seen it once. I'm sure if I saw it again, its ultimate sappiness would become painfully obvious.
July 26th, 2004 12:35 PM
Factory Girl Kate Hudson is cute and perky, but she gets film roles b/c her mama is a Goldie, imo.
July 26th, 2004 12:54 PM
Snappy McJack I'm a young'un and I'd rather have Goldie!
July 26th, 2004 01:24 PM
Sir Stonesalot What the fuck is a hoobastank?

Are they one of those stupid "emo" bands?

Why would anyone care enough about them to muster up an emotion as powerful as hate?

I mean, I don't care if they make bazillions or if they never make another cent. I don't care if they make music for years, or if they break up tomorrow. They don't mean shit to me.
July 26th, 2004 02:48 PM
Factory Girl Oh, Sir Stonesy-Hoobastank Suck the Big long One. They have a Whiny power ballad out-they are AWFUL
July 26th, 2004 04:27 PM
Sir Stonesalot I know who they are FG...I want to know what a hoobastank actually is...besides a stupid emo band.

The world is overrun with shitty bands FG. What makes THIS one special enough to rate your emotional attachment? In what ways do they suck differently than say...Dashboard Confessional or Evanesence or Maroon 5? Do you hate them as well?

Hoobastank is meaningless. Why waste time and energy hating something that doesn't matter?
Page: 1 2