ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

40th anniversary of the Stones' first ever Dutch gig
August 8, 1964 - Kurhaus theatre in Scheveningen (Den Haag). Click here for more
© Some unknown hero - with thanks to Angiegirl!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Buckethead (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 20th, 2004 12:46 PM
GimmeExile Has anyone seen Buckethead live? He's playing a gig at 9:30 Club tomorrow night ($15) and I'm going to check him out, even though I've never heard any of his music.

Any clues to what I'll experience?

Besides watching a man with Halloween mask and KFC bucket for a hat...
July 20th, 2004 01:07 PM
Gimme Shelter All I know of him is that he played with Axel Rose's new versioin of Guns n Roses.
July 20th, 2004 01:53 PM
J.J.Flash "How could somebody trust any faceless guitar player Ronnie"
July 20th, 2004 02:20 PM
Blind Dog McGhee Never heard his music but he's been around for a few years. Those that dig him swear by him so for $15, it should be worth it.
July 20th, 2004 07:22 PM
mac_daddy one of the more innovative guitar palyers out there right now...

lots of tapping and other weird sh*t - certainly worth checking out...

he did some stuff with les claypool, too (which should kinda tell you where he is coming from)...

i hope you dig prog rock.

i would go for $15. there will be tapers there, so if you want a copy of the set you see, let me know, and i will track it down for you...

have fun.

edit:

his website (some twisted sh*t in here )

[Edited by mac_daddy]
July 20th, 2004 08:07 PM
J.J.Flash has somebody seen his face? Not in the same proportion, but I think it's like when nobody have seen Paul Stanley, Genne Simmons, Ace Frehley and Peter Criss wearing no make-up.
July 20th, 2004 08:11 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
has somebody seen his face? Not in the same proportion, but I think it's like when nobody have seen Paul Stanley, Genne Simmons, Ace Frehley and Peter Criss wearing no make-up.

rumor has it that he is somebody people would recognize...
July 20th, 2004 08:17 PM
corgi37 What a fucking idiot. Axle, i mean. For having a fucking idiot like him in his band. And, what a fucking idiot for being a member of that fucking idiots band.
July 20th, 2004 09:03 PM
Bloozehound Whoa hold on, I've never heard of this dude Buckethead, but let me get this straight, nobodies ever seen his face cuz he wears a Halloween mask and a KFC bucket on his head, LMFAO!!! That's freaky!

July 20th, 2004 11:10 PM
Blind Dog McGhee Wasn't he raised in a chicken coop?
July 21st, 2004 12:16 AM
Zack I read some weird shit about him that gave me the impression he was a real psycho (as if the mask and hat didn't give THAT away!) Like he stays in his room at his parents' house all the time, and records in a special studio made up to look like said room, with little godzilla monsters and other infantile detrius all around. Sounds like a pscychiatrist's wet dream to me.

Call the doctor, Ronnie!
July 21st, 2004 12:21 AM
Bloozehound Who is the man behind the mask ??
July 21st, 2004 02:11 AM
F505 We had zorro, the lone ranger, batman, robin, robocop, spiderman and now we have buckethead
July 21st, 2004 02:43 AM
IanBillen
I have seen him on a few occasions just on television. He was with a few bands and has been around for at least five years. His most notable band of-coarse was the second coming of G&R (what a drag that was huh...) He was a good guitarist with more character to his play than alot these days. I will say he is a bit over-rated. He has a small little cult following that thrives off of his look a little more than his actual playing. Although his playing did have alot of spunk and pizzaz. For 15 dollars sure I would go check him out live. If he was close to me I would go. You can't lose. Go have a good time and let us know how it was.
Ian

July 21st, 2004 05:51 AM
Mathijs His stage presence is rediculous in my opinion, and guitar wise he is so-so. He is very inventive, but he has a tendency to play out of tune. He's comparable to Steve Vai, only Vai is much more musical. With the new GnR, he proved that Slash's solos were actually a lot more difficult than you would think upon first hearing.

Mathijs
July 21st, 2004 08:46 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Who is the man behind the mask ??

"He's baaaaaack, the maaaaan behind the maasssk, and he's out of control...." - do you know that song!? It was a theme for that Jason's movie..... by Alice Cooper recorded on "Constrictor" album.
July 21st, 2004 08:49 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
F505 wrote:
We had zorro, the lone ranger, batman, robin, robocop, spiderman and now we have buckethead

...not to mention Sylvia Saint wearing one on some "movies"
July 21st, 2004 10:21 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Zack wrote:
I read some weird shit about him that gave me the impression he was a real psycho (as if the mask and hat didn't give THAT away!) Like he stays in his room at his parents' house all the time, and records in a special studio made up to look like said room, with little godzilla monsters and other infantile detrius all around. Sounds like a pscychiatrist's wet dream to me.

Hmmm, sounds more like a put-on show to me... You know...
Shock-rock is old news after all. And anyway, imo, one should let the experts handle it (e.g. Alice Cooper).

July 21st, 2004 10:23 AM
FotiniD Now, I've just checked his site. Yikes
Haven't heard the guy playing and it's bad to judge just from the looks, but there's way too much posing in there...

Lose the bucket for Christ's sakes!!!
July 21st, 2004 11:24 AM
F505 looks like a marilyn manson clone to me
July 21st, 2004 11:27 AM
Bloozehound Who is that masked man ?
July 21st, 2004 12:31 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
F505 wrote:
looks like a marilyn manson clone to me

No, he really plays guitar, for bad or for good.....
July 21st, 2004 12:36 PM
F505 Yes but I mean his looks!
July 21st, 2004 08:50 PM
Xipe Buckethead is like THE meanest guitarist around these days, so don't slag Axl for including him -- slag Axl for not making good on Chinese Democracy.

Here's a video clip of Buckethead delivering the Nightrain solo live, he plays like few can.

Nightrain solo

Check out the Rock in Rio 3 concert if you wanna hear more of this monster guitarist.

Of his own songs you should try "Welcome to Bucketheadland" and "Binge and Grab (instrumental)". He's insanely good.

macdaddy: He's not wellknown outside of his Buckethead-persona.
[Edited by Xipe]
July 21st, 2004 09:17 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Xipe wrote:

macdaddy: He's not wellknown outside of his Buckethead-persona.

i heard that a while back - i guess i first heard him with les claypool (if i remember correctly...

anyway, a google serach brought me here. don't know how legit it is, but hey - it's on the 'net, so it's gotta be true. check the scanned ad for a guitar player on the right of the page...
[Edited by mac_daddy]
July 21st, 2004 09:31 PM
Bloozehound Is their fried chicken inside the bucket that rests on his head ?
July 21st, 2004 09:42 PM
Blind Dog McGhee Dude's been in guitar magazines for at least 10 years, if not more by now. There's got to be guitar players on this board. Not that I've bothered to listen to him. Shred aint my cup.
July 21st, 2004 10:13 PM
corgi37 XIPE - YOU are not Buckethead, are you?

I remember in the 80's a series of vids came out called "Freaks of Nature". It featured chicks with dicks, guys with 3 foot dicks, chicks with 5 inch nipples. And some dudes with a condition called "Jug-Head", in which they had normal sized dicks, but with massive knobs.

This has nothing to do with anything, but buckethead reminded me of big knobs. So, i assume, deep down in my incrediblely complex brain, i was associating buckethead as being a knob.

Well, i'm satified with that.
July 21st, 2004 10:25 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Blind Dog McGhee wrote:
Wasn't he raised in a chicken coop?

You've posted more than I, simple math tells me this....
[Edited by Scottfree]
July 22nd, 2004 02:05 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
XIPE - YOU are not Buckethead, are you?

I remember in the 80's a series of vids came out called "Freaks of Nature". It featured chicks with dicks, guys with 3 foot dicks, chicks with 5 inch nipples. And some dudes with a condition called "Jug-Head", in which they had normal sized dicks, but with massive knobs.

Speaking of Jughead, you think he should strap it on with Buckethead ?

VS

Page: 1 2