ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Parken Stadium, Copenhagen 5th August 2007
© Politiken with thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: europe can have em Return to archive Page: 1 2
23rd July 2007 03:52 PM
oldkr maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! listened to a couple of boots from europe (just finished brno) they stones are sound way way of their A-game I know boots often dont do the show justice, but really mick sounds weak keith and ron are a shambles etc. Brink back the US tour!

OLDKR
23rd July 2007 04:05 PM
robpop
quote:
oldkr wrote:
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! listened to a couple of boots from europe (just finished brno) they stones are sound way way of their A-game I know boots often dont do the show justice, but really mick sounds weak keith and ron are a shambles etc. Brink back the US tour!

OLDKR

Oldkr. Is that why you came to the US? To get back on your A game? Cheers.
23rd July 2007 04:07 PM
voodoopug
quote:
oldkr wrote:
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! listened to a couple of boots from europe (just finished brno) they stones are sound way way of their A-game I know boots often dont do the show justice, but really mick sounds weak keith and ron are a shambles etc. Brink back the US tour!

OLDKR

I couldn't agree more. They sound like a garage band at times trying to remember a song. This has not been pretty as of late. This could be the "real" reason why the stale setlists have been pretty common, i fear Mick has zero confidence in his guitarists and is doing his best to keep it safe.

As we all know, Keith has no interest in this tour and would rather be home, his playing is reflective of that.
23rd July 2007 04:17 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

As we all know, Keith has no interest in this tour and would rather be home, his playing is reflective of that.

My sweet SWEET Ass !!!!!!

BEST STONES YET !!!!

BEST KEITH YET !!!!!

[Edited by Joey]
23rd July 2007 04:22 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Joey wrote:

My sweet SWEET Ass !!!!!!

BEST STONES YET !!!!

lol. you are so predictable.
23rd July 2007 04:25 PM
Joey
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
23rd July 2007 05:46 PM
voodoopug
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

23rd July 2007 06:22 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Funny !!!!!!

Puggy ... Good Postin'

23rd July 2007 06:36 PM
Dan The quality on Brno is great but the set is sorta weak on a lot of songs. Probably why I like the lesser quality boots from this tour.
23rd July 2007 06:40 PM
gimmekeef Is there a Europe boot worth having yet?....The Japan leg produced some great stuff.....
23rd July 2007 06:50 PM
fireontheplatter i was expecting a differnt song list from them this ero go around. but after 3-5 show i got the jist.
but i look into it after what 15-18 shows and i sit back and go wow....even tho they are playing a predictable set list i still love them. the stoners rock, better than the remones ever did
go have a look at the areosmith board and their shows as of late...they are playing the same ol same ol, not that i compare the two bands

go stones.
23rd July 2007 06:53 PM
Dan
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i was expecting a differnt song list from them this ero go around. but after 3-5 show i got the jist.
but i look into it after what 15-18 shows and i sit back and go wow....even tho they are playing a predictable set list i still love them. the stoners rock, better than the remones ever did

Uh, I know this is the wrong place but I would have to disagree with that. Never lost 7 lbs at a Stones show before... Might be neck and neck '72-'81 but not after.
23rd July 2007 07:08 PM
mrhipfl Dan, you lost 7lbs at a Ramones show? That's insane. How long did they play for?
23rd July 2007 07:12 PM
Dan
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
Dan, you lost 7lbs at a Ramones show? That's insane. How long did they play for?

About 70 minutes. 32 songs. It could be an approximation but it happened a few times during that era it seems like.
23rd July 2007 07:47 PM
luxury1 as much as the Stones love these stadium gigs with the insane adulation en masse, I think it is time to bring it indoors, and more intimate, boys....
23rd July 2007 08:38 PM
oldkr when they played at radio city it was fantastic prestine sound, the band could hear each other small uncomplicated stage, refined audience - they sounded good then! now mick sounds like his grandmother and keith and ron sound like they let their grandkids loose on guitar- sad!

I am not surprised this is not a tour, its a contractual obligation

OLDKR
24th July 2007 03:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
oldkr wrote:

OLDKR

Thats quite funny, because barely 48 hours before you posted this, over on shidoobee you told one poster who had watched the new Stones DVD and who had come to the conclusion that the band were finished, that he should go find another band to listen to if the Stones didnt do it for him anymore. Why the different personality depending what board you're on?

Sounds like you're just trying to convince yourself you wont be missing anything next month. If you think theyre suddenly going to play better because theyre in the US, youre kidding yourself, Keith.

How good or bad they are is down to personal opinion, but on future tours (if there are any) it's pretty much a cert that it's NOT going to get any better, performance-wise.
[Edited by Gazza]
24th July 2007 05:17 AM
Moonisup please post that over at shidoo, not here, although I think you are rig\ht
24th July 2007 07:06 AM
Factory Girl Joey, Have you ordered off the Joey Menu at Outback Steakhouse?
24th July 2007 07:25 AM
KeithRichards Well, I don't agree with people who always say they are like old wine, getting better every time, etc...

Fact is, out of 4 shows I saw, 3 were very enjoyable. Brno was not a bad show, but they very calm crowd kind of made it less fun for me. The fact is, that at least at those shows I saw, Keith was not playing a lot. On some songs he is really good - like JJF, Midnight Rambler, etc. But on others he only moves his fingers up and down the guitar fretboard and throws in a bent note or a small lick. Ronnie was ok on all those shows, perhaps I had higher expectations, but he was really ok.
24th July 2007 10:13 AM
Joey
quote:
oldkr wrote:
when they played at radio city it was fantastic prestine sound, the band could hear each other small uncomplicated stage, refined audience - they sounded good then! now mick sounds like his grandmother and keith and ron sound like they let their grandkids loose on guitar- sad!

My sweet SWEET Bippy !!!!!!

We are talking UNFRIGGINBELIEVABLE Stones on this Euro Tour !!!!!

" Stones is Stones --- bigger than ALL of us baby ! "

'kins. , Est. 1999
24th July 2007 10:57 AM
Joey
quote:

gimmekeef wrote:
Is there a Europe boot worth having yet

Frig Yeah --- All of them !

So Mick Jagger's ear monitor went out during " Start Me Up " or Keith had a ' senior moment ' at the beginning of " Rough Justice " ...... Big Friggin Deal !!!!! --- I guarantee you that they crowd was so ' well oiled ' and ' keyed / hyped up ' that nobody really knew the difference . These guys are only human and NOBODY is perfect --- Thank God !!!!!!!

BEST STONES YET !!!!!

" Although even I would notice a bad intro to a beautiful song like ' Ruby Tuesday ' Ronnie ! "

UNBELIEVABLE STONES !!!!

STONES IS STONES !!!!!

J. " Snuggle - to - the - Joe " Fly !

'kins.
24th July 2007 11:28 AM
oldkr
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Thats quite funny, because barely 48 hours before you posted this, over on shidoobee you told one poster who had watched the new Stones DVD and who had come to the conclusion that the band were finished, that he should go find another band to listen to if the Stones didnt do it for him anymore. Why the different personality depending what board you're on?

Sounds like you're just trying to convince yourself you wont be missing anything next month. If you think theyre suddenly going to play better because theyre in the US, youre kidding yourself, Keith.

How good or bad they are is down to personal opinion, but on future tours (if there are any) it's pretty much a cert that it's NOT going to get any better, performance-wise.
[Edited by Gazza]

thats right gazza - if the band dont groove you move on. I didnt negate that statement there. Fact is they DID play better just a few short months before in the US; whether they will again reach that standard is unlikely.

As for missing the euro tour, I'm more pissed that I wont be in europe regardless of the whether the stones are playing. It just shocked me at how much they have changed soundwise- even mick sounds weak.

OLDKR
24th July 2007 11:30 AM
voodoopug
quote:
oldkr wrote:

thats right gazza - if the band dont groove you move on. I didnt negate that statement there. Fact is they DID play better just a few short months before in the US; whether they will again reach that standard is unlikely.

As for missing the euro tour, I'm more pissed that I wont be in europe regardless of the whether the stones are playing. It just shocked me at how much they have changed soundwise- even mick sounds weak.

OLDKR

We predicted this months ago!
24th July 2007 12:16 PM
Gazza
quote:
oldkr wrote:

OLDKR

Mick's reportedly being having a few vocal problems of late, Keith. That may explain things. That plus the heat at those shows in the last week or so.

I avoided listening to the early shows I downloaded partly due to the negative reviews but also because I wanted to judge what I saw and heard in Lisbon and Madrid with my own eyes and ears and without any misconceptions. Part of me did go fearing the worst, I have to admit. What I'd seen and heard from Werchter on YouTube was horrific.

Aside from a few hiccups by the Riff in Madrid, they all sounded fine over the two nights. Better than I'd dared hope.

Its not 1972, 1981 or even 1998 anymore, but its still worth seeing, but at this stage of the game, youre going to get dips here and there. Remember last autumn how some people were writing them off early in that leg of the tour, and then the shows picked up towards the end.

I'm confident enough they'll be on their game and give us three nights to remember at the 02.
24th July 2007 01:53 PM
oldkr its true they have their ups and downs, I am now over my initial shock. but what a shock it was!

OLDKR
24th July 2007 02:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
oldkr wrote:
its true they have their ups and downs, I am now over my initial shock. but what a shock it was!

OLDKR

I shall mop your fevered brow!!
24th July 2007 03:39 PM
Joey " I'm confident enough they'll be on their game and give us three nights to remember at the 02. "

< ----- I shall mop your fevered brow!!

Me too Lil' buddy !!!

Me too ....
24th July 2007 05:14 PM
Jumping Jack I predict the london shows will be canceled due to vocal problems and those buying $1000 plane tickets will be humiliated.
24th July 2007 05:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I predict the london shows will be canceled due to vocal problems and those buying $1000 plane tickets will be humiliated.

Didn't that happen previously? This is precisely why I advise against traveling overseas to see the group perform!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)