ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion, Stuttgart, 3rd August 2006
© Stuttgarter Nachtrichten with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Giants also wide open Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
31st July 2006 01:58 PM
F505
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I predict the bandwagon gets lighter.

No as long the Pug is aboard
31st July 2006 01:58 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

Thanks. It feels like quite a relief.

It is a big weight liftted from your shoulders...it is hard to pass up a "local show", but with all that has happened, you made the right call. Remeber them when they were the greatest band, and not a parody of their former selves.
31st July 2006 01:59 PM
Some Guy I may cancel my Atlanta show.
31st July 2006 02:04 PM
Joey

I thought this thread was about Paris Hilton
F505 I feel embarassed and ashamed for my fellow countrymen who are attending the show this evening in the Arena (also called "the echoing well").
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I may cancel my Atlanta show.

That ain't happening with sales like these...
31st July 2006 02:06 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

The tour is now in shambles .
31st July 2006 02:07 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

The tour is now in shambles .

You shall not attend one single show....Pete and Roger have a very similar r/s to Mick and Keith...they do not see each other socially,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
31st July 2006 02:08 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

This whole damn tour can fall out of a coconut tree for all I care.
31st July 2006 02:11 PM
F505 The Dutch telly just showed people outside the Amsterdam Arena selling tickets for low prices....
[Edited by F505]
31st July 2006 02:11 PM
voodoopug This is happening because "True Fans" are not buying up the top dollar tickets, hot seats, and ON STAGE experiences. Those who do not attend multiple shows will have a difficult time being greeted by me. You are the cause of the the downfall of the stones, not the solution!

Its time to put a little less money away this month and purchase tickets to 2-7 shows. Ft Lauderdale did not support the bands return, now the humiliation has spread over the entire state of Florida (See: Boca Raton).

It will be sad when Boston, Chicago, and NYC are "added" to the list.

We may soon become just the biggest band in Sweeden! (thanks to Erik!)
31st July 2006 02:13 PM
F505
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
This is happening because "True Fans" are not buying up the top dollar tickets, hot seats, and ON STAGE experiences. Those who do not attend multiple shows will have a difficult time being greeted by me. You are the cause of the the downfall of the stones, not the solution!

Its time to put a little less money away this month and purchase tickets to 2-7 shows. Ft Lauderdale did not support the bands return, now the humiliation has spread over the entire state of Florida (See: Boca Raton).

It will be sad when Boston, Chicago, and NYC are "added" to the list.

We may soon become just the biggest band in Sweeden! (thanks to Erik!)

Just stay on the bandwagon and nothing will happen.
31st July 2006 02:15 PM
Some Guy The bandwagon is sputtering.
31st July 2006 02:16 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
The Dutch telly just showed people outside the Amsterdam Arena selling tickets for low prices....
[Edited by F505]

With only one show, it will be somewhat full, but incredibly, not 100% sold out..Probably 47k in a 50k seat venue, no?
31st July 2006 02:18 PM
Some Guy Will the last person off the bandwagon please close the door?
31st July 2006 02:18 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

You shall not attend one single show....Pete and Roger have a very similar r/s to Mick and Keith...they do not see each other socially,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Pete is the least wealthiest out of all the icons from the 1960's . This can be attributed to his 1983 decision to pay back both Kenny's share and his share of the Warner Brothers " WHO " Contract ( tens of millions of dollars )
31st July 2006 02:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
F505 wrote:

I shall again spend thousands of dollars on this mini tour. This is what we work so hard for, to be able to enjoy whatever it is that offers us top entertainment. I have put myself in a position to not have to suffer through poor seats and shall continue to enjoy the Stones Experience.

It is a bit disappointing that the stones today are not the same band I seen when I was in high school, but they still provide ample entertainment value for me!

lets not kid ourselves, if anyone wastes time on a stones message board to point out others as "on the bandwagon", what does that make them? Unless one is "on the bandwagon", why waste valuable bandwidth/time on a stones message board?

Our goals are clear:

1. Beat U2 in total sales

2. offer more tickets at the lower price levels to allow the younger generation to come out (DIFTK). This only works if the successful fans spend what they are expected to (top dollar, see Hot Seats, floor seats, ONSTAGE, fan Asylum, etc).

3. Make up for lost profits due to dreadful European sales/venues.

4. Provide temporary employment to the thousands of individuals who play a role in getting the show from city to city and allowing it to come off smoothly (aside from Salt Lake Incident).
31st July 2006 02:19 PM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:

Rock n' Roll will never die ..........

....This is no social crisis ........ just another tricky day ...... for Cohl .

31st July 2006 02:20 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Rock n' Roll will never die ..........

....This is no social crisis ........ just another tricky day ...... for Cohl .

I love Athena!!!!!!!!!!
31st July 2006 02:20 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

With only one show, it will be somewhat full, but incredibly, not 100% sold out..Probably 47k in a 50k seat venue, no?

In the newspaper this morning you could read an ad from Mojo offering several hundreds of tickets. For the first time in history a Rolling Stones concert on Dutch soil is not sold out. And we are talking only about ONE concert!
31st July 2006 02:21 PM
F505
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I shall again spend thousands of dollars on this mini tour. This is what we work so hard for, to be able to enjoy whatever it is that offers us top entertainment. I have put myself in a position to not have to suffer through poor seats and shall continue to enjoy the Stones Experience.

It is a bit disappointing that the stones today are not the same band I seen when I was in high school, but they still provide ample entertainment value for me!

lets not kid ourselves, if anyone wastes time on a stones message board to point out others as "on the bandwagon", what does that make them? Unless one is "on the bandwagon", why waste valuable bandwidth/time on a stones message board?

Our goals are clear:

1. Beat U2 in total sales

2. offer more tickets at the lower price levels to allow the younger generation to come out (DIFTK). This only works if the successful fans spend what they are expected to (top dollar, see Hot Seats, floor seats, ONSTAGE, fan Asylum, etc).

3. Make up for lost profits due to dreadful European sales/venues.

4. Provide temporary employment to the thousands of individuals who play a role in getting the show from city to city and allowing it to come off smoothly (aside from Salt Lake Incident).

Can you shorten your posts please? It costs me a lot of time to read all this.
31st July 2006 02:22 PM
Some Guy and then depression set in...
31st July 2006 02:26 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

I love Athena!!!!!!!!!!

" Athena
Athena, I had no idea how much I'd need her
In peaceful times I hold her close and I feed her
My heart starts palpitating when I think my guess was wrong
But I think I'll get along
She's just a girl - she's a bomb

Athena, all I ever want to do is please her
My life has been so settled and she's the reason
Just one word from her and my troubles are long gone
But I think I'll get along

Just a girl just a girl
Just a girl just a girl
Just a girl just a girl
She's just a girl

Athena, my heart felt like a shattered glass in an acid bath
I felt like one of those flattened ants you find on a crazy path
I'd of topped myself to give her time she didn't need to ask
Was I a suicidal psychopath?

Consumed, there was a beautiful white horse I saw on a dream stage
He had a snake the size of a sewer pipe living in his rib cage
I felt like a pickled priest who was being flambed
You were requisitioned blondie

I'm happy, I'm ecstatic
Just a girl just a girl
Just a girl just a girl
Just a girl just a girl
She's just a girl

Look into the face of a child
Measure how long you smiled
Before the memory claimed
How long would children remain
How long would children remain

Athena, you picked me up by my lapels and screamed "leave her"
It felt like waking up in heaven on an empty meter
And now you're stuck with a castrated leader
And I hate the creep, I didn't mean that
She's a bomb
I just said it
She's a bomb
I didn't mean it, please
She's a bomb

Athena, I had no idea how much I need her
My life has been so settled and she's the reason
Just one word from her and my troubles are long gone
But I get along
She's just a girl, she's a bomb
She's just a girl, she's a bomb "

http://www.myths.com/pub/lyrics/who_ih.html#athena

31st July 2006 02:28 PM
voodoopug
quote:
F505 wrote:

Can you shorten your posts please? It costs me a lot of time to read all this.

see: making dreams come true
31st July 2006 02:29 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

In the newspaper this morning you could read an ad from Mojo offering several hundreds of tickets. For the first time in history a Rolling Stones concert on Dutch soil is not sold out. And we are talking only about ONE concert!

Shit happens...some markets are stronger than others...I try to put things in perspective and the fact we are even a force at 60 something is incredible...I listened to Sticky Fingers coming into work this morning, and it really is amazing how great they were.......
31st July 2006 02:31 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

Shit happens...some markets are stronger than others...I try to put things in perspective and the fact we are even a force at 60 something is incredible...I listened to Sticky Fingers coming into work this morning, and it really is amazing how great they were.......

Were.. That is 35 years ago. I was 8 years old in those days.
31st July 2006 02:31 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

AAA Postin!
31st July 2006 02:38 PM
stonesgirl101 I predict AC will sell out. Quickly.
31st July 2006 03:03 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Good Postin '

Outstanding .
31st July 2006 03:22 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Proving that Cohl made a HUGE mistake.

Arenas and theatres would have sold well.

Why JB???

Why???

LJ.

Exactly. They could have sold out three nights at MSG and one night each at the Beacon and AC. But nooooooo....they go and put Giants Stadium on sale...nine months after they played NYC. What an idiotic move. Michael Cohl must be stopped!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)