ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion, Stuttgart, 3rd August 2006
© Stuttgarter Nachtrichten with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Giants also wide open Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
31st July 2006 12:20 PM
jb Still seats available in every price range-what a huge miscalculation...all kidding aside, this is going to take some real work to fill up this and other venues. Simple supply and demand . We have not been a true Stadium grop in the US since 97.....................................................
31st July 2006 12:38 PM
keefkid BUY THE CHEAPEST TIXS YOU CAN AND JUST MOVE!!!!

if we all did that and moved en-masse onto the field, how could they stop us????

haaaa i miss the old festival seating days...

yea its wide open but the fabled $99 first 10 rows are of course nowhere to be found...

31st July 2006 12:43 PM
LadyJane Proving that Cohl made a HUGE mistake.

Arenas and theatres would have sold well.

Why JB???

Why???

LJ.
31st July 2006 12:45 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Proving that Cohl made a HUGE mistake.

Arenas and theatres would have sold well.

Why JB???

Why???

LJ.

The guarantees must have been good..don't look for any other NY shows until this one picks up, which it inevitably will...truthfully., very few shows have instantly sold out -particularly a stadium show. This is not 89, 94, or even 97 any more..
[Edited by jb]
31st July 2006 12:49 PM
Jumping Jack Cohl is doing for the Stones what he did for Babs - run off all their fans.
31st July 2006 12:53 PM
LadyJane WE've seen our share of stadium shows.

Giants as well as Foxboro should have been scrapped.

Couple of MSG and Fleet Center shows....Beacon and a club in Boston....sell outs at HIGHER prices.

LJ.
31st July 2006 12:53 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Cohl is doing for the Stones what he did for Babs - run off all their fans.

Initial sales are usually average..today appears to be slightly worse in markets they have played ad nauseum. I know they won't play to 1/2 empty stadiums and await to see what action will be done. Itis not the way I had hoped they would go out...............................U2 was sickening on 60 minutes ladt night with a indirect shot at the Stones and great respect for the Beatles.
31st July 2006 12:59 PM
Jumping Jack Bono sucks!

If they can't sell out Boston and New York why the hell are they going to Halifax, Idaho, Wichita, Montana, El Paso? They will have trouble selling 10,000 tickets at any of these venues if all the tickets were under $100.

Come back down south were you are loved.
31st July 2006 01:00 PM
F505 The party is over
31st July 2006 01:01 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
The party is over

Agreed....did not want to be embarrassed like this...At least France sold well.
31st July 2006 01:05 PM
Some Guy I predict another coconut type incident soon.
31st July 2006 01:10 PM
Jumping Jack Yes, maybe they will cancel half the N. American tour too so the europeans can feel better about themselves.
31st July 2006 01:17 PM
Your Cousin Lou Regina sold out in 5 minutes.
31st July 2006 01:17 PM
Some Guy I predict a prediction.
31st July 2006 01:23 PM
F505
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I predict a prediction.

The US sell even worse than Europe. A complete catastrophy!
31st July 2006 01:25 PM
keefkid
quote:
Your Cousin Lou wrote:
Regina sold out in 5 minutes.

it just appears sold out, what about the 1000's of tixs they are 'holding back'..

no such thing as a 'sell out' anymore...
31st July 2006 01:27 PM
Some Guy Doing It For The Humiliation.
31st July 2006 01:29 PM
gimmekeef Where are all the kids and the big discounts when we need them?.....lmao...
31st July 2006 01:31 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Where are all the kids and the big discounts when we need them?.....lmao...

It has not worked....hopefully when they finish Europe , they can put some publicity into this and generate somemore interest.
31st July 2006 01:32 PM
Some Guy humiliation predicted.
31st July 2006 01:33 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

It has not worked....hopefully when they finish Europe , they can put some publicity into this and generate somemore interest.

No way. The disaster is complete. It will be their swan song!
[Edited by F505]
31st July 2006 01:34 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
humiliation predicted.

No one , from sports stars to rock stars , go out on their own terms..this was inevitable and quite honestly, not unexpected...Surprised they could even compete at this stage.
[Edited by jb]
31st July 2006 01:36 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

No one , from sports stars to rock stars , go out on their own terms..this was inevitable and quite honestly, not unexpected...Surprised they could even compete at this stage.
[Edited by jb]

The question now is, at what point do you jump off the bandwagon?
31st July 2006 01:37 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

sooner than later...............(I may cancel Boston and the 2k a night hotel ).
31st July 2006 01:38 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

now

do summits only
31st July 2006 01:43 PM
F505 I have jumped off already: tonight they play in Amsterdam and I am not attending this concert. For the first time in my life I am staying at home...
31st July 2006 01:46 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
I have jumped off already: tonight they play in Amsterdam and I am not attending this concert. For the first time in my life I am staying at home...

This was a smart and necessary move...I appalud you!!!! Too painful to watch....
31st July 2006 01:50 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
keefkid wrote:
it just appears sold out, what about the 1000's of tixs they are 'holding back'..

what, you don't think they'll sell? people from winnipeg to calgary will be coming to this show. what better way to spend thanksgiving for the first-ever show in that province. and to think that halifax is only the second-ever show in canada east of montreal!

what about winnipeg? last time the stones played winnipeg was sep, 1997. you know the stones consider it special when fool to cry, 19th nervous breakdown, gimme shelter and crazy mama were all played - and a stadium show, nonetheless.

shows have always sold well here.

we demand toronto and montreal!
31st July 2006 01:54 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

This was a smart and necessary move...I appalud you!!!! Too painful to watch....

Thanks. It feels like quite a relief.
31st July 2006 01:56 PM
Some Guy I predict the bandwagon gets lighter.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)