ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Am I dreaming????? Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 13th, 2004 01:58 AM
Martha Am I dreaming?

Or did I just return from sitting 10 feet away, dead center, straight on from Eric Clapton tonight at Nationwide Arena?

When I went there we had seats in the way back section.

And I have learned...there is such a thing as an upgrade.

It is not a myth.

The universe spun the big wheel..........

and the heavens opened up tonight for Martha...

and friends.

I am stunned.....

speechless and astonished.

I cannot think of a person on this message board who would not be blown away by what I witnessed tonight.

I'll see if this posted when I get up tomorrow.....to know if it was real.

If this post is still here..that means it's true and my review will follow accordingly.

Peace out.....

"I'm your hoochie coochie man."

July 13th, 2004 08:33 AM
Lazy Bones It was real. We await pictures...
July 13th, 2004 08:49 AM
mac_daddy fun stuff.
July 13th, 2004 08:51 AM
scope Sweet Martha! I saw Eric last week at MSG. Good show; not great but Good! I loved the blues set with the 3 guitars.

Hey is Eric on speed or what? He ends one song, and goes right into the next. The only time he said anything was to say hello and good night. Not much emotion displayed, but the tunes were great and the accompanying musicians were pretty good as well. Let us know your thoughts.
July 13th, 2004 09:20 AM
charlotte Scope, I have seen Clapton 4 times and he has only said hello and good night. Ends one tune and then goes right into another.
July 13th, 2004 10:41 AM
Joey [quote]Martha wrote:
Am I dreaming?

Or did I just return from sitting 10 feet away, dead center, straight on from Eric Clapton tonight at Nationwide Arena?

When I went there we had seats in the way back section.

And I have learned...there is such a thing as an upgrade.

It is not a myth.

The universe spun the big wheel..........

and the heavens opened up tonight for Martha...

and friends.

I am stunned.....

speechless and astonished. "

Congratulations Martha ......................I bet it was one Hell of a show . He plays here at our brand spanking new , twenty thousand seat , Qwest Center Arena next Thursday Evening .

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWhat ?!?!?!

No , I am going to pass on Eric and wait for THE WHO !!!

....................and you ?!?!?!

Bercee Joe !

July 13th, 2004 10:43 AM
glencar I find Clapton dull but a great friend went & said it was a dynamite show.
July 13th, 2004 10:45 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I find Clapton dull but a great friend went & said it was a dynamite show.

July 13th, 2004 10:49 AM
glencar They're all A+'s, Joey. You know that by now.
July 13th, 2004 10:49 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
They're all A+'s, Joey. You know that by now.

July 13th, 2004 10:50 AM
glencar Joey! Why so nasty? Taking lessons?
July 13th, 2004 10:53 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joey! Why so nasty? Taking lessons?

July 13th, 2004 11:02 AM
glencar First I gotta evacuate. Don't bust 10K just yet.
July 13th, 2004 12:44 PM
Martha My post is here.

Dear God....

It really happened.

There's the tickets sitting on the table from last night.
Section: FLR2
Row: A
Seats: 5 & 6
I was in seat 6 best damn seat in the house Ronnie!

Eric Clapton is incredible and this set-list is so bluesy...I think I died and went to heaven during his show. I could barely move..I mean the man was literally 10 feet in front of me. I had the best seat in the house. I'm still overwhelmed by all of this.

The show was anything but dull. Dull was not in the room, not for a second.

Eric does go from one song straight into the next, always has. That's his style. The old Bluegrass bands I saw when I was a kid did that same thing, in fact it was expected and preferred that they do shows in this way.

Clapton's young wife (who is from Columbus) sat behind us just a couple of rows back...(hey I WAS in the FRONT ROW!!!!) holding their 2 -3 year old daughter. They stood up and were smiling at him (Daddy) and he at them during the early part of the show. Doyle Bramhall was smiling at them too, which is what initially got me to look back there, but I did not see Doyle's wife Suzanne anywhere.

Eric was smiling and movin' about (he made very brief eye contact with me a few times, but not Chris) not standing still straddling the floor like he did back in the 80's. He was interacting quite a bit with his band, and had Doyle play quite a few leads. I dig Doyle a lot and have ever since he opened for Eric's last tour with his band Smokestack.

Doyle Bramhall is a very accomplished musician. Plays his guitars (he changed guitars on almost every song...Doyle, not Eric Eric stuck to one Fender almost the entire night) strung for a right handed person but plays it left handed. This means he plays his guitar strung upside down and strums up rather than down...I hope I am making sense here.

Ok, I just got up after knocking myself out with a sleeping pill so I am groggy. Need more coffee

Review to come.

Damn,...... I'm happy!

Oh, the Robert Randolph Family Band opened. Yes, they are very good.

Here's EC's setlist:
1. Let It Rain
2. Hoochie Coochie Man
3. Walk Out in the Rain
4. I Wanna Little Girl
5. I Shot the Sheriff
6. Me and the Devil Blues (acoustic)
7. They're Red Hot (acoustic)
8. Milkcow's Calf Blues ( song I hoped he'd play!)
9. If I had Possession Over Judgment Day
10. Kind-Hearted Woman Blues
11. Got to Get Better in a Little While
12. Have You Ever Loved a Woman?
13. Badge
14. Wonderful Tonight
15. Layla
16. Cocaine

Encore:
17. Sunshine of Your Love (Robert Randolph joins at end of song on pedal steel)
18. Got My Mojo Working (with RR)

Now you tell me...who in the hell on this board would NOT have enJoyed this show? I cannot think of anyone.

Joey...go see this show while you can....the best seats First section of the floor) are $96 face ( all the lower bowl tickets are $76 face) and the show was underattended (
This is your chance.....you CAN get lucky. :-) Billy PRESTON is in the band playing, like only he can, that gorgeous sounding Hammond B-3 for crapssake!

"Tell me milkcow..........what on eeeeaaarth is wroooong with YOU?"

PS For those of you who may care, TMR shot down after work and was in the 15th row dead center (sweet spot if you will) .......hehehe! It sounds exceptional with the new rig he just got. I got a quickie taste/listen afterwards....oh my! I'm drooling still......:-)

I got my Mojo WORKING!

July 13th, 2004 01:01 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey good for you babe! I'm very very happy for you. Upgrades rule. Hint, ask for one whenever you check into a nice hotel...or get a rental car

However, I can think of one person here who would not have gone gaga for EC....he's just too white for me.

Robert Randolph would have done it for me though! The dude makes that pedal steel do contortions! It's like if Jimi played with Sly & the Family Stone 'cept without all the horns.

I almost bought a ticket for EC's Philly show just to see Robert Randolph & The Family Band. In the end I could not justify spending $100.00 for a short opener set. I'll spend $20.00 and catch them in a club somewhere.

Again, I'm so very happy for you. See you on the 9th!
July 13th, 2004 01:11 PM
Martha Stonesy, this show was so bluesy I know you would have enjoyed it and felt you got your mulahs worth, but cest la vie. I'll make certain you get the full show including RR as soon as I have it in hand. :-)

We WILL see you the early evening (din din time) of the 9th! Looking so very forward to that! I'll call and check in soon.

You are gonna get a big ole Martha style hug on that day! :-) Flea too!!!!

Peace out,
Maaaaaaaaaaaaartha

Come back Baaaaaaaaby.....

let's talk it over....

one

more

time....
July 13th, 2004 03:54 PM
Factory Girl I'm happy for Martha and her good fortune.

However, EC has always left me cold. Its Pagey, J.Winter and Mick Taylor for me.
July 13th, 2004 05:01 PM
Nellcote Hey there!

This deserves my best John Dawson Winter III Live Album
accolade......

Say it loud so all 60,000 can hear you in that gruff mid 70's voice only Winter could muster....

ROCK N ROLL!!!!

We return you now to your regular programming....

July 13th, 2004 06:23 PM
Gazza Great story - delighted for ya..

I have Eric's Belfast show that was broadcast (almost in full) live on BBC radio on April 24th.

It'll be in the mail to you soon!
July 13th, 2004 06:26 PM
Moonisup I liked his show in Holland, and indeed a great bluesy show!
He played almost the same, and I like Rupert better when he played with Eric then with his own band

Rik
July 13th, 2004 09:12 PM
Martha Gary I'd LOVE that show! Thank you so much. :-)

FG I WORE my Pagey shirt to the show...I'm right with ya' on that.

Nellcote...xxxoooo! I was NOT on the shit list!!! As God is my witness! LOL

BTW, The tour book is really nice...great photos inside of EC with the Stones, Dirty Mac, Petey, Joyhn Mayall, Ronnie Lane, Willie, Bob, Tom Petty, George Harrison......it's a very nicely done book. I'm gonna try to post a couple of the shots tomorrow. Chris has to help me!

And....I'm still in blues heaven...........and listening to the Saturday night Gund show compliments of the one and only TMR (travelin' man records)!

Cocaine.....
July 13th, 2004 09:19 PM
mac_daddy i am glad to hear you had a wonderful time - seeing great live shows is the BEST!!!

i would love to hear some of these someday...
July 13th, 2004 10:14 PM
Martha
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
i am glad to hear you had a wonderful time - seeing great live shows is the BEST!!!

i would love to hear some of these someday...

Your wish will be my command! And pleasure.

;-)
Maaaaaaartha

I've been waiting so long..............

July 14th, 2004 07:54 AM
UGot2Rollme For me, Clapton has always been a treat in concert. First saw him on the Backless tour '78, with Muddy Waters opening. Now that he's sober, he's truly a class act with all of the money he's put into his rehab center -

http://crossroadsantigua.org/website/index.html
[Edited by UGot2Rollme]
July 14th, 2004 09:32 AM
Joey " Joey...go see this show while you can....the best seats First section of the floor) are $96 face ( all the lower bowl tickets are $76 face) and the show was underattended (
This is your chance.....you CAN get lucky. :-) Billy PRESTON is in the band playing, like only he can, that gorgeous sounding Hammond B-3 for crapssake! "

Thanks Martha .................................

I am seriously thinking about going to the gig .

Developing ...........................................

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jacky !
July 14th, 2004 10:11 AM
Martha Hazy and Parmeda are you seeing Clapton in Chicago?

Joey..did you get your ticket..yet? If not I suggest that you wait 'til the day of (Hazy you too) that's when they printed out the front row seats we ended up getting.

How's that for a daily tip!
LOL

I'm now writing my review/experience, but needed to come over here a minute to take a quickie break.

Peace out,
Martha
July 14th, 2004 02:10 PM
Joey
quote:
Martha wrote:
Joey..did you get your ticket..yet? If not I suggest that you wait 'til the day of (Hazy you too) that's when they printed out the front row seats we ended up getting.

How's that for a daily tip!
LOL

I'm now writing my review/experience, but needed to come over here a minute to take a quickie break.

Peace out,
Martha

Thanks April ...................................

I probably WILL wait till the " day of show " !!!!!!

Thanks for the Tip . I am now " Dreaming From the Waist "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJerky Boy Blue !

[ Edited by Bunny ]
[Edited by Joey]
July 14th, 2004 02:22 PM
Blind Dog McGhee
quote:
Martha wrote:

Doyle Bramhall is a very accomplished musician. Plays his guitars (he changed guitars on almost every song...Doyle, not Eric Eric stuck to one Fender almost the entire night) strung for a right handed person but plays it left handed. This means he plays his guitar strung upside down and strums up rather than down...I hope I am making sense here.

Yes, just like Otis Rush.
July 14th, 2004 02:48 PM
Martha
quote:
Joey wrote:

Thanks April ...................................

I probably WILL wait till the " day of show " !!!!!!

Thanks for the Tip . I am now " Dreaming From the Waist "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJerky Boy Blue !

[ Edited by Bunny ]
[Edited by Joey]

Joey, we arrived at 6 pm the doors opened at 6:30 show starts at 7:30 promptly. I would go (know knowing what happened to me)....around that time frame....1-2 hours before the show. The people that ended up sitting next to me had checked the BO at 4pm and was only offered the too far on the side of the stage seats. Checked again an hour or so later and got front row seats next to us! That means we know for certain 6 seats were released in the front row dead center approximately 1 hour before the show.

Word!

I am projecting my newfound lottery winning good luck vibes to YOU! Can you feel them?!?!!!

I must be on a roll...been trying for WEEKS to pull an extra CSN ticket for our friend Big Daddy (we have 8th row dead center on the aisle seats)...and having no luck. The show is sold out...BD even called the BO last week to no avail. Then this morning, while I was screwin' around takin' breaks between writing my Clapton review...I pulled up a lawn seat for him!!! The show is THIS Friday night. The venue's capacity 4,300. There isn't a bad seat in the place

:-)

Priceless! (plus $40.50 for the ticket..lol)

Never say NEVER!

And...CSN played Cleveland's Tower Theater last night...TMR and friend were both in attendance! :-)

hehehehe.........................................

"When you've got a good friend that will stay right by your side. When you've got a good friend that will stay right by your side. Give all your spare time..love and treat her right"

July 14th, 2004 05:19 PM
Joey " I am projecting my newfound lottery winning good luck vibes to YOU! Can you feel them?!?!!! "

Oh , I feel you Martha .

I will like to nibble your elbows .

" Stones Rule "

Jersee Joe !
Page: 1 2