ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Forty Licks" out of the Billboard 200 chart Return to archive Page: 1 2
07-25-03 03:15 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
jb wrote:
Sir Cliff Richard ....is he a native Brit or is he from Australia? I recall him being connected to Olivia Newton-John somehow?

ouch jb!! - that hurts!!

he is definitely not australian - and i'm not aware of any connection with ONJ - not to say there isn't one - certainly their innocuous "music" has a lot in common

from memory (and i'm almost embarrased to admit that i might be aware of this) i think he was born in india

cheers
07-25-03 09:46 AM
egon he's english.

i think the hit in the 70s was 'we don't talk anymore'.
07-25-03 09:50 AM
jb Correct Egon!!!!!!! It's so funny, how we don't talk anymore"!!!!!!!!
Sorry for the confusion SIA!!!
07-25-03 09:54 AM
Zeeta Is Sir Cliff a favourite of yours JB?

Along with:

Spice Girls
Wham
Elton

07-25-03 10:20 AM
jb No Zeeta!!! But as one grows older(I'll be 41 this October), you realize how much pop culture crap you've been exposed to throughout the years......
[Edited by jb]
07-25-03 12:48 PM
egon you make my mum cry jb!
07-25-03 07:17 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
egon wrote:
he's english.

culturally and all the rest yes...but i've checked my sources - born Harry Webb in Lucknow India - 'tho i doubt any of us could care less - i certainly have no time for the drivel he serves up

wired for sound??!! - fuck off
Page: 1 2