ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Hotel Plaza - Paris October 1977 - Some Girls Sessions Round I
Pathé Marconi Studios Boulogne Billancourt
Annie Leibovitz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Townshend Discusses Bisexuality in the new issue of Rolling Stone Magazine -- Excellent ! Return to archive Page: 1 2
07-22-02 10:21 AM
Joey Hello my Stones Brothers and Sisters .........in this week's new Rolling Stone Magazine ( the one with Dave Matthews on the cover ) there is a prodigious interview with Chairman Pete Townshend where the journalist asks Pete about his rumored affair with Danny Fields [ Doors publicist and Ramones manager ] . Danny referred rather casually [ In Their Own Write: Adventures in the Music Press ]to Pete and himself as " on-and-off boyfriends in the late Sixties. "

Petey : " You know, I don't know what that's about. I'm fifty-seven, I've got a young girlfriend, I'm not gay. I'm not interested in men. . . . [loudly] if Danny fucked me, Danny drugged me first. So if you want to fucking print that, then print it. Because that's the truth. "

My Stonesian kin , please check out www.rollingstone.com for more exquisite talk of Bisexuality by the Chairman of the Board . What with all the recent talk around here about sexuality , this interview could not have been more timely -- Hell , perhaps copies of this magazine will be handed out as each individual boards the SPIV this September !

Ahhhhh Ahhhhh Ahhhhh Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ...............******** .........Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Joey passes out on floor from laughing too damn hard .

Joe Fly

07-22-02 10:40 AM
nankerphelge You think the SPIV is some kind of deviant Bookmobile son? I am not reading how Pete got the old "secret handshake" from some other guy.
07-22-02 11:24 AM
Joey Nanky .............

I just love your Avatar !

Oh yeah , Pete got the secret handshake alright . Please pull up www.rollingstone.com and click on the " RS Matthews Cover Icon " , you will find the complete sordid interview inside there -- a real down and dirty one ....the kind young Joey likes .

Joey

07-22-02 11:30 AM
Dandelion* Joey - stick to teasing sheep. What's the exact url?

While trying to find it I found this:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=16277
07-22-02 11:30 AM
patioaintdry i'll have to find the lyrics to "Rough Boys" and "It's Hard" for further insight.
07-22-02 11:31 AM
nankerphelge I will never forget when I first got Voodoo Lounge. I was stading outside Waxy Maxy's (no shit) waiting for it to open and I could see the display with the dude on the cover and the red/yellow/black motif -- very cool. I was waiting there with a black guy and we were both really into the Stones and how we always bought a Stones release on the first day. So they open the store and I get it and I'm back at work looking through the liner notes and I get to that center picture of my lil' devil playing cards with all the skeletons and I was so pumped -- after 30 years, they still have to put something in there that makes you wonder. They printed masks of that guy for the Oakland Halloween show -- you can get them on eBay once in a while.

I like him -- he looks like a fun devil!!
07-22-02 11:35 AM
jb Pete has been quoted as saying he is /was very attracted to Mick.
07-22-02 11:38 AM
Joey Here is the link to all of the glorious joy :

http://www.rollingstone.com/features/featuregen.asp?pid=941

You may all thank the Joey later !

" Help Me Ronnie "

Captain Joe
07-22-02 12:11 PM
Honky Tonk Man Oh yeah, well thanks Joey.

I have no problem with gay people, but after reading this, it seems every fucking half decent rock star has enjoyed been buggerd once in a while. This is most disturbing.

Well, thats put me off my corn flakes

Alex
07-22-02 12:29 PM
Maxlugar Seems like a lot, A LOT, of posters too, Alex!

YoooOOOOoooooo HooOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Maxy - The Lavender Assassin!
07-22-02 12:30 PM
Scot Rocks I find it funny the way, Pete always manages to make the simplest thing really profound, no wonder no one understood Lifehouse.

Mark

07-22-02 01:15 PM
Joey All weekend people asked me why I constantly had a smile on my face . One girl even went , " Just WHAT are you thinking about young Joey -- penny for your thoughts !!!!! "

I told her , " Penny nothing , I will let you in on it for free ..........."

Here it is :

"These boards are creeping me out. Hold off on the checks for The SPIV. I'm not really sure I want to do this anymore. "

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa **** Joey now on his hands and knees and beating the carpet with his fist in pure ecstasy ************ Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Bunny

07-22-02 01:36 PM
Maxlugar Joey,

If you can't mock me, somebody will!

I still love you.

You got me mockin' nooOOOOOWW!

Will ya, won't ya, come back home?

Home? Home where?

To Maxy.

Find your center and work from there. We are all His children.

Thanks.

Maxy!
07-22-02 01:43 PM
nankerphelge I am weeping tears of joy
07-22-02 01:53 PM
Maxlugar Yes Nanky, WEEP!

I decided to take the high road and be better than Joey and less hateful.

I think it might work. Keep your fingers crossed! The fate of our entire Stonesian universe DEPENDS on it!

Ya know, some things are better left un-posted - Maxlugar 7/22/02

RAGUL-XAM!!!!

Maxy!
07-22-02 01:56 PM
nankerphelge I am so proud of you my stiff-upper-lip Stonespal. I knew you would not resort to tauntings. I knew you would hand up an olive branch. Now I only hope it is not too late.
07-22-02 02:15 PM
Honky Tonk Man Errhum, cough, cough.

I AM NOT GAY

Sorry, it just needed to be said.

But yes, Ronnies glorious "Shine A Light" Solo on Stripped does do something for me.

When i bump into you at Giants Maxy, i must somehow proove to you i am straight.

But how?

Hmmmmmm

I will get back to you

I am Catholic ya know!!

Alex
07-22-02 02:17 PM
Joey " It's good to be the Muse !!!! "

-- Joey von snaggily Pete 2002

07-22-02 02:25 PM
Maxlugar Alex!

I never meant that YOU were gay!!!!

There are some others but we still hold a place in our hearts for them. I always will. That night in Cleveland was special beyond words. Brothers who came from all parts of the world to be around a camp fire and listen to the Rolling Stones in each others company. I don't care is 2/10ths of them were homosexuals.

Words like "Bond" and "Friendship" beat down words like "hate" and "Gay"! - Maxlugar 7/22/02

Yes sir, RAGUL-XAM!!!

So spake Maxlugar, C10!

07-22-02 02:37 PM
Honky Tonk Man Yeah your right Maxy. I do jump the gun with these sort of things. Ive never known a gay person and my parents never taught me about homosexuality when i was younger. I only became aware of it 5 or 6 years ago. I think.

Do you think my "RONNIE TURNS ME ON" may confuse people?

If it does, it does not bother me. Its a joke and a damn funny one in my opinion.

So who are the gay posters? LOL

Alex
07-22-02 02:41 PM
Joey 'I don't care is 2/10ths of them were homosexuals. '

Who were they .................please , tell me !

I's justs gots to know !!!!!!!

Captain Joe

" It's good to be the Muse Ronnie "

07-22-02 03:10 PM
sirmoonie Pretty interesting that Alex is denying he's gay when I haven't even got around to accusing him yet. Yep, pretty interesting.....wonder what military academy he went to? Heh, heh, get it? HAW!!!!

Hey, can you guys send me some bones? I got pisswhacked at a reggadeen slam and lost my wad. Know what I'm saying?

Ya know, if there are enough mind-altering substances around, a land without laws need not necessarily be a land in anarchy. It can be heavenly.....

I like to SPIV spank. Wunka, wunka, wunka.

"Bunny bitch slap me up the Selassie side, Ronaldworthingston!"
07-22-02 05:59 PM
luxury1 How come you guys can't stop talking about gayness? That's all I read round here anymore.
07-22-02 06:30 PM
nankerphelge I'm here to tell you that at least one of the C10 is a flaming heterosexual!! No ifs, ands, or (especially) BUTTS!!

thank for your attention
nankerphelge, testosterone-poisoned hetero!
07-22-02 08:38 PM
Joey 'I'm here to tell you that at least one of the C10 is a flaming heterosexual!! '

Make that " TWO " members of the C10 are flaming Heterosexuals -- YES !!!!!!!!

Joey von Jack Nicholson

Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joe Fly

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJooooooeeeeey !

" It's good to be the Muse Ronnie "

07-23-02 01:53 AM
sirmoonie C10 Heterosexual all the way. I could probably line up about 50 chicks who would testify to that. I'll swear to god if you don't believe me. I will swear to goddam god himself. Hell man, I can drink a 12 pack of Schlitz without even having to take a goddam piss! Het-O-Fucking-Row, baby!
07-23-02 09:56 AM
Dandelion*
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
C10 Heterosexual all the way.

Methinks there is evidence all over these boards to prove the contrary!!! Come on...just break loose a little and tell us about your recurring dreams featuring a doe eyed SDH skipping rope in nothing but gold lamé undies and a smile...I promise not to tell...
07-23-02 10:01 AM
nankerphelge That was an entirely unnecessary visual.

My day is ruined -- maybe the whole fuckin week...
07-23-02 10:36 AM
Maxlugar Doe eyed!?

I looked deep into those eyes and saw the gates of hell stare back at me!

But it wasn't his fault. It was wine and pot.

Here's hoping Steelie can find the help and treatment that he really needs. Get well soon my brother!

"Care and love are often free. Hate is an expensive gift that you will one day want to return." - Maxlugar 7/23/02.

Thanks guys!

Ragul - Xam, Ronnie!

Maxy?
07-23-02 10:50 AM
nankerphelge Max you are beginning to sound like Mr. Rogers. You didn't pick up a blue cardigan recently I hope?

Can you say SPIV? Sure you can...
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road