ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Faces Reunion at Next Year’s Glastonbury Festival? Return to archive Page: 1 2
24th July 2006 01:50 PM
justinkurian This is speculation...from today's Rolling Stone:

Faces Reunion at Next Year’s Glastonbury Festival?

Glastonbury organizer Michael Eavis has a surprise planned for next year’s festival: It will feature a band that “hasn’t played for 35 years together,” says Eavis. “At the time they were one of the biggest bands in the world.”

Our guess is a Faces reunion; according to rumors, the band has been planning on reforming with Sex Pistols bassist Glen Matlock in lieu of the late Ronnie Lane. Another possibility: Genesis, whose principal members (including Peter Gabriel) held a meeting last November. Any other thoughts?
24th July 2006 01:52 PM
jb Woody will be done???
24th July 2006 01:54 PM
Gazza The Faces were never "one of the biggest bands in the world" and their last tour was in 1975, so if its them that Eavis is talking about, he's exaggerating somewhat
24th July 2006 01:55 PM
Saint Sway Faces were never big.

I cant think of any bands that havent played in 35 years that I would want to see get back together
24th July 2006 02:12 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Faces were never big.

I cant think of any bands that havent played in 35 years that I would want to see get back together

The Beatles!
24th July 2006 02:19 PM
jb
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

The Beatles!

No SSC..the Beatles were a very overrated group appealing to the masses with really stupid songs.
24th July 2006 02:22 PM
pdog I will not go see them!
24th July 2006 02:33 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

No SSC..the Beatles were a very overrated group appealing to the masses with really stupid songs.

truer words haver never been spoken
24th July 2006 02:43 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:

You are wrong on this one.
24th July 2006 02:45 PM
pdog It's okay to like The Beatles, you just shouldn't admit it!
24th July 2006 02:46 PM
Sir Stonesalot 1971.

Who was huge in 1971, broke up, and hasn't played together since?

It can't be The Faces. Besides, if it was, our insider Lynne would have been here to give us a heads up by now.

I would say The Monkees...but who would give a fuck about that? Besides...The Monkees already did a couple of "reunion" tours since then. Zep and Sabbath went long past '71. It isn't The Beatles because Paul and Ringo have played together often since the split. The Peter Gabriel version of Genesis was never one of the "biggest acts in the world".

I'm thinking it may be something that was hinted at during this year's Grammys...even though it was a train wreck and was horrifying to watch because of all the stupid superfluous "Guest Stars" cluttering the stage. My guess is...

Sly & The Family Stone.

I don't think that a lot of people were aware that most of the original band was on the stage during the Grammys. They are the only band from that era that I could imagine anyone today would give a shit about. The time frame is right, and Sly & The Family Stone were indeed one of the biggest acts in the world.

That's my prediction anyhow...
24th July 2006 02:47 PM
pdog Sly? Interesting!!!
24th July 2006 02:49 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
pdog wrote:
It's okay to like The Beatles, you just shouldn't admit it!

Why?
24th July 2006 02:51 PM
pdog
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
Why?

Joke! Now it's not funny, should I redact?
24th July 2006 02:55 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
pdog wrote:

Joke! Now it's not funny, should I redact?

LOL that is just the point !
24th July 2006 03:27 PM
DJAsh Could be :

Peter Green era Fleetwood Mac ?

The Byrds ? ( as close to orig line up as possible ?)

Crosby, Stills, Nash ( Young)??

There has been some talk of Abba but the 35 yr rule surely rules that out....I'm sure they were playing live arounf 79/80.
24th July 2006 04:14 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat test
24th July 2006 05:03 PM
gimmekeef The mere thought of Phil Collins re-entering the scene in any fashion....is about to make anyone PUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
24th July 2006 05:17 PM
Saint Sway prospects as to what band they're talking about are just scary.

somewhere between 5 -10 years is acceptable for a reunion bc a band is still capable of rocking at that point

but after 35 years... I say let sleeping dogs lie
24th July 2006 07:06 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
prospects as to what band they're talking about are just scary.

somewhere between 5 -10 years is acceptable for a reunion bc a band is still capable of rocking at that point

but after 35 years... I say let sleeping dogs lie

Speaking of (quasi-) reunions, does anyone like the new Replacement tracks from the recently released "Best of"? I thought they were so-so, but like crumbs from a table I'll take anything new from Westerberg.
24th July 2006 07:43 PM
mojoman
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
The mere thought of Phil Collins re-entering the scene in any fashion....is about to make anyone PUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

genesis might be the band. gabriel left after the 75 tour. and the phil collins version was pretty big. they did sell out more than one night at wembley twenty years ago.as mentioned before they have been talking they seem like the most likely contender. who would get excited by grand funk railroad, jefferson airplane or even the monkees? abba as mentioned is only twenty five years, same with the floyd, same with zep. the lizard king is dead. i would like to see blind faith and after the cream re-union last year it seems possible but they really werent that big. also like to see eno play with roxy but they were never big either.
[Edited by mojoman]
25th July 2006 09:32 AM
gustavobala i like the faces!!!!

wellcome back!!!!!
25th July 2006 10:15 AM
nanatod
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Os Mutantes. (Actually, they are playing the Pitchfork music festival in Chicago on Sunday night)

The Standells (although I think they re-united in Vegas a year or two ago)

The Amboy Dukes

? and the Mysterians

The Nice

Delaney and Bonnie and Friends

25th July 2006 10:21 AM
gimmekeef How many of the 4 Seasons are left?...lmao.....
25th July 2006 10:54 AM
M.O.W.A.T. This guy I know is a huge Genesis fan (the early Genesis, not the Phil Collins back-up band) and he has told me that according to his sources, Peter Gabriel is set to rejoin Genesis for a reunion tour sometime in 2007 (I would assume Phil Collins is invited to play drums i guess).

Also from Wikipedia:

"According to Rolling Stone magazine (June 15th, 2006) Genesis is now considering reuniting their classic lineup for a tour in the near future."
[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]
25th July 2006 11:16 AM
Saint Sway James Gang?
25th July 2006 01:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot >? and the Mysterians<

They are still playing together.

96 Tears is one of the most perfect rock n roll songs ever laid to wax....
25th July 2006 01:58 PM
JuanTCB Derek And The Dominoes?

Allman's dead and the bassist (?) killed his mother, but I could see EC doing it with one of Duane's replacements in slide from the Allman Extended Family.
25th July 2006 02:17 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
James Gang?

"Biggest?" I am getting those free ticket vibes based on availability for the LA show.

I don't think anyone even today would sign a contract with Sly Stone so I would have to go with the Peter Gabriel Genesis, though they did do a one off at Knebworth in the 80s.
25th July 2006 02:18 PM
Gazza Genesis with the "classic" era line up that included Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins is the rumour I heard as well

The 35 years thing is a bit of an exaggeration but the blab about them being a massive band certainly fits the bill.
[Edited by Gazza]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)