ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rhein-Energie Stadion, Cologne, 23rd July 2006 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
23rd July 2006 10:55 PM
Soldatti Great pics, it seems like a sold out show.
23rd July 2006 11:34 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

And with 60.000 attending, they'll make close to 80k per minute...

and 4K empty seats?
24th July 2006 04:07 AM
FotiniD
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

AWESOME Keith pics!

Yes, he looks GREAT

They do need to make another tour, so I can start saving money starting from NOW and follow them in all cities they play I'm getting that anxiety again!
24th July 2006 04:51 AM
Gazza
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Great pics, it seems like a sold out show.

apparently it was indeed a sell out. Hannover was very close too.
24th July 2006 06:17 AM
De Meeuw
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I saw a pic of that guy in the Berlin thread. I think thats Dirk from Germany, one of the guys we had a few drinks with after the Ronnie Wood show last year. Wild and crazy guy!

Thanks for the pix, jeep - two monster photos of Keith. Doesnt look too 'wide open' either!
[Edited by Gazza]

This is Bernd from Tilburg from The Netherlands
His stonesname is Voodoohat

gr raymond
24th July 2006 07:50 AM
Jeep
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

AWESOME Keith pics!

OK ! One of them but bigger :

[Edited by Jeep]
24th July 2006 07:58 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Jeep wrote:

Oh, the menace. I love Lord Richards.

Thank you Jeep!
24th July 2006 08:12 AM
Jeep Photos Stonespoint.org

Other shots of the tour on the site :
http://www.stonespoint.org/

Air Jagger :

24th July 2006 08:22 AM
Bitch

I think this guy posts as Voodoohat, he was in NYC for the Sept. 05 MSG show, we met at Walter's bar. An unbelieveably funny guy, and quite a charactor! Within the first few minutes, he already asked me to go back to his hotel for sex! Quite a charmer, huh? He's very amusing, and well traveled, a true cool STONES adventurer. I smiled when I saw his pic here today!
24th July 2006 08:25 AM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:

Within the first few minutes, he already asked me to go back to his hotel for sex! Quite a charmer, huh? He's very amusing, and well traveled, a true cool STONES adventurer. I smiled when I saw his pic here today!

Did he offer to remove his hat during the act of sexual congress?
24th July 2006 08:37 AM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks for the great photos Jeep!!
24th July 2006 10:04 AM
Moonisup
quote:
De Meeuw wrote:

This is Bernd from Tilburg from The Netherlands
His stonesname is Voodoohat

gr raymond

and he's somewhat Strange

it wasn't a sell out
24th July 2006 10:21 AM
jb
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

and he's somewhat Strange

it wasn't a sell out

Milan was close to sell out, Vienna close to sell out, Munich very open, Berlin very open, Cologne close to sold out.....
24th July 2006 10:25 AM
Moonisup and still it's the best selling tour, money wise, due to the high ticketprice...
[Edited by Moonisup]
24th July 2006 10:27 AM
jb
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
and still it's the best selling tour, money wise, due to the high ticketprice...
[Edited by Moonisup]

Yes Rik...that is very true...Are you going to the 1 almost sold out Dutch show...................???
24th July 2006 10:35 AM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:

Yes Rik...that is very true...Are you going to the 1 almost sold out Dutch show...................???

hmm probably yes, and it won't be a sell out either! Very sad
24th July 2006 10:37 AM
jb
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

hmm probably yes, and it won't be a sell out either! Very sad

Wow!!! I thought with #2 cancelled they would be ab le to get 50k in the only show!!! This, indeed, is sad. I would go b/c you know it is most likely the last time you will see them. Itis worth it just to say goodbye to the greatest bandever-even in their current state, it's a fun show.
[Edited by jb]
24th July 2006 10:49 AM
Gazza most of the Dutchies probably went to Cologne - theyd have had more chance of hearing the Stones than in Amsterdam!
24th July 2006 10:50 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
most of the Dutchies probably went to Cologne - theyd have had more chance of hearing the Stones than in Amsterdam!

How was attendance in Berlin ???
24th July 2006 11:13 AM
Gazza w*** o***

24th July 2006 11:19 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
w*** o***

That's what I predicted....did we get over 45k????
24th July 2006 11:26 AM
Gazza I would think so, yes. Very big stadium after all
24th July 2006 11:30 AM
jb That's good....they listed it as 55k .....I imagine the place could sit substantially more....If we had 50k, that would be respectable.....
24th July 2006 11:33 AM
Gazza Holds 76,000 for football, so it would be somewhat less than that for concerts. I dont think there was as many as 55,000 in all honesty.

[Edited by Gazza]
24th July 2006 11:38 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Holds 76,000 for football, so it would be somewhat less than that for concerts. I dont think there was as many as 55,000 in all honesty.

[Edited by Gazza]

45-51k?
24th July 2006 11:42 AM
Gazza at a guestimate, yes

the stadium held 110,000 when built for the 1936 Olympics, so you can imagine the size.
[Edited by Gazza]
24th July 2006 11:46 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
at a guestimate, yes

Not terrible...I think most of the shows left have sold O.K.(sans Glosgow). I am concerned about some of the markets they have chosen stadium shows for here.....they are college towns that cannot handle the prices usually charged by the Stones..it will be interesting to see ....................!!!

24th July 2006 11:51 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Gazza wrote:
most of the Dutchies probably went to Cologne - theyd have had more chance of hearing the Stones than in Amsterdam!

The sad truth is most Duchies have lost interest in seeing the Stones (see also JoStorm)
24th July 2006 11:52 AM
Gazza I think some of the places supposedly chosen are fucking bizarre to be quite honest.

They played the arena in Fargo on No Security and it was the slowest seller by some distance, so how the hell they are going to fill a stadium in Montana of all places at these prices is beyond me. Quite a few other places are well off the beaten track too, concert wise. Maybe they were encouraged by how well Moncton sold despite being virgin territory, but there are some of these places I simply cant imagine will sell well, unless they have a HUGE percentage of the tickets at $160 and $99. It seems they want to put a pin on every state to say theyve played it before they finish, but it just strikes me as a very odd choice of venues.
24th July 2006 11:53 AM
Gazza
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

The sad truth is most Duchies have lost interest in seeing the Stones (see also JoStorm)

Johanna is a woman of many nationalities, but Dutch aint one of them!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)