ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rhein-Energie Stadion, Cologne, 23rd July 2006 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
24th July 2006 11:57 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I think some of the places supposedly chosen are fucking bizarre to be quite honest.

They played the arena in Fargo on No Security and it was the slowest seller by some distance, so how the hell they are going to fill a stadium in Montana of all places at these prices is beyond me. Quite a few other places are well off the beaten track too, concert wise. Maybe they were encouraged by how well Moncton sold despite being virgin territory, but there are some of these places I simply cant imagine will sell well, unless they have a HUGE percentage of the tickets at $160 and $99. It seems they want to put a pin on every state to say theyve played it before they finish, but it just strikes me as a very odd choice of venues.

Indeed...and I forgot about the fargo NS show....I suspect some things will change or be "re-scheduled" depending on pre-sales....I also feel they will add some more shows to major markets ....even one MSG is another 4-5 million...
24th July 2006 12:03 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
I suspect some things will change or be "re-scheduled" depending on pre-sales....

"re-scheduled" is the new "delete"
24th July 2006 12:03 PM
Gazza well...the thing is now that at these prices, the way to go is NOT to play 3-5 nights in one place in one single stretch during the tour, but to play 1 or 2 shows in your main markets every six months or so, so that it gives people more opportunity to go on each occasion (in other words if they were to play 2 nights at Giants and 3 or 4 at MSG in one run, theyd struggle to sell out - stagger the shows out at 2 at a time as they have done in 3 visits in 12 months and they can sell them out as it gives people time to save for them)

Plus, for New York, they can pull the usual stunt of making about 3/4 of the seats $450 each and this can offset other cities where there would have to be alarger % of tickets at $99 or so.
24th July 2006 12:53 PM
gustavobala
quote:
Bitch wrote:

brian jones not died
24th July 2006 02:22 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:
well...the thing is now that at these prices, the way to go is NOT to play 3-5 nights in one place in one single stretch during the tour, but to play 1 or 2 shows in your main markets every six months or so, so that it gives people more opportunity to go on each occasion (in other words if they were to play 2 nights at Giants and 3 or 4 at MSG in one run, theyd struggle to sell out - stagger the shows out at 2 at a time as they have done in 3 visits in 12 months and they can sell them out as it gives people time to save for them)

Plus, for New York, they can pull the usual stunt of making about 3/4 of the seats $450 each and this can offset other cities where there would have to be alarger % of tickets at $99 or so.

I may do all my travelling in the weak markets and not go to NYC, Chicago or even my loacal Oakland show. I'll probably save a ton of money and get the same product...
24th July 2006 02:40 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:

I may do all my travelling in the weak markets and not go to NYC, Chicago or even my loacal Oakland show. I'll probably save a ton of money and get the same product...

most are boldy predicting that the Stones onstage wardrobe will not vary much on the Fall Tour.

much like the set list, look for 1 -2 wardrobe differences per night. Possibly in the scarf or vest section. With an extra belt occassionly added on nights when Rambler is not played.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
24th July 2006 05:54 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

most are boldy predicting that the Stones onstage wardrobe will not vary much on the Fall Tour.

much like the set list, look for 1 -2 wardrobe differences per night. Possibly in the scarf or vest section. With an extra belt occassionly added on nights when Rambler is not played.

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Is it true they're announcing surprises this tour, unlike past tours?
24th July 2006 08:43 PM
LadyJane
quote:
pdog wrote:

Yo Dog.

Since your beloved SheRat cannot attend the ROCC summit due to her Honeymoon, I suggest YOU attend in her place.

Pillow fights and slumber parties await you. We'll even give you a facial. LMAO.

LJ.
24th July 2006 11:07 PM
Bitch
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Did he offer to remove his hat during the act of sexual congress?

I said NO to his offer, LOL, it was just 2 strangers having a drink, talking about the STONES, showing off our stuff.

25th July 2006 08:19 AM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:

I said NO to his offer, LOL, it was just 2 strangers having a drink, talking about the STONES, showing off our stuff.

Think you misread that. LOL...What I meant was did he offer to remove his hat in the event of the exchange of bodily fluids taking place. I had deduced from your previous post that you had indeed declined his generous offer...
25th July 2006 11:03 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Yo Dog.

Since your beloved SheRat cannot attend the ROCC summit due to her Honeymoon, I suggest YOU attend in her place.

Pillow fights and slumber parties await you. We'll even give you a facial. LMAO.

LJ.

That is a capital idea, LJ! Pdog, you should take advantage of this special offer while supplies last! And I expect to see you in NYC as well. MSG, babies!

25th July 2006 11:25 AM
jostorm Gazza: I can't work my TV's remote control. Any advice?????

Pussycat: I didn't lose interest, I'm just pretty hacked off at being messed about, and at being systematically bombarded with umpteen emails offering tacky, horrible t-shirts and July the 4th memmorabilia (I'm European and personally couldn't give a flying fuck about the 4th of July!), but never ever even a short apology email along the lines of "sorry...hang in there, fan....we'll make it up to you next Summer.."
I'm sure that every single cent the RS lost is insured ten times over, never mind the fans' inconvenience and financial losses....
And they promised clubshows which never materialised, and they make you SIT DOWN in a stadium at the British shows and on top of that they want you to fork out 150£ ??? I'm neither American nor stupid, so my personal answer to that is my absence.... I shall from now on pump my disposable income into any conceivable company EXCEPT the RS Corporation...
And the horrible truth (for me) is that live they ain't that good a coverband anymore.....

(sad meaow ....)
25th July 2006 11:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Gazza: I can't work my TV's remote control. Any advice?????

Grrr....yeah, try reading the instructions in German
25th July 2006 02:03 PM
speedfreakjive alright Gazza?

its been a while....

how was the Berlin gig?

I'm having serious trouble trying to sell my Wembley #2 tier seating on Ebay!!

It doesn't help that they are on the first tier at the back of Twickers!!! And they were £90 each!!
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
25th July 2006 02:16 PM
Gazza Berlin was fun, gig was decent - see separate review!

Good to see you back, stranger - you should be able to get rid of your tickets Im sure

25th July 2006 02:47 PM
speedfreakjive Cool mate!!

Good that you got Sway, I hope we get it again at Twickers #1. Have you got any 'Summit' plans yet?
I will post soon with my hotel, i think it was the one that was put up ages ago, with special prices for Stones fans.
25th July 2006 03:21 PM
Gazza For Twickenham?

pre show piss up at Cabbage Patch pub near the stadium. That'll do me!
25th July 2006 03:49 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:
For Twickenham?

pre show piss up at Cabbage Patch pub near the stadium. That'll do me!

me and Zeeta should be there for that!!!
25th July 2006 03:52 PM
Gazza oh dont bring THAT c**t !!

(just kiddin, Zeeta)
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)