ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: You know you are a Stones Fan When............. Return to archive Page: 1 2
23rd July 2006 02:16 PM
Bitch When you lose every decent relationship because your man says you are more interested in THE STONES than in him, and THEY ARE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!LOL
23rd July 2006 02:18 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
You know it when you have entire tours complete on bootlegs.

You know it when you comtemplate buying $100.00 bottles of wine just because it has a Stones tongue on the label.

You know it when your local used record store calls you up when they get more Stones vinyl in.

You know it when you not only have Exile on vinyl(complete with the post cards, and a "play" copy too!), CD, the Mickboy Remaster CDR, and Cassette...but on 8-Track as well. And you don't even own an 8-Track player!!

You know it when your most prized possesion is a pristine Jumping Jack Flash picturesleeve 45.

You know it when you think it is perfectly reasonable to travel hundreds of miles and spend hundreds of dollars just to hang out around a campfire and drink with other Stones fans.

My gosh, we have to hang out someday Stonesalot. You make my "Stones Habit" seem weak by comparison. You are an inspiration to us all.
23rd July 2006 04:00 PM
Jiving Sister Jan You have a child named Keith

Before I married my husband I told him no matter what if the Stones come around I am going. It's in our prenuptial agreement.

Your kids played a game called Hang Fire

Your kids know all the words to there music. They get pissed at me for that one.

You have there picture hanging in your living room next to your family portraits.

Your phone would not quit ringing during half time of the super bowl.

You get called for Stones trivia stuff.

Getting drunken phone call from son when he is in a bar and the band plays a Rolling Stones song.

Your grand children know the words to Rough Justice

You have a tattoo of the tongue logo on your ankle.

You visit Stones message boards.

You run into a old class mate and they tell you every time I hear a Rolling Stones song I think of you.

You Haven't missed a tour since 1975.

The only CD's you own are The Rolling Stones.

Your vinyl collection is the sound track of my life.

A deflated balloon from the 81 tour is one of your prized possession.

The only t-shirts you own have tongues on them.

You have a lick room.

23rd July 2006 04:24 PM
LadyJane Welcome to RO JSJan.

We HAVE to be related.

LJ.
24th July 2006 12:16 AM
Bitch
quote:
Jiving Sister Jan wrote:
You have a child named Keith

Before I married my husband I told him no matter what if the Stones come around I am going. It's in our prenuptial agreement.

Your kids know all the words to there music. They get pissed at me for that one.

You have there picture hanging in your living room next to your family portraits.

Getting drunken phone call from son when he is in a bar and the band plays a Rolling Stones song.

You run into a old class mate and they tell you every time I hear a Rolling Stones song I think of you.

You have a lick room.

Wow I'm impressed and amused! What is a lick room?
24th July 2006 04:03 AM
keefjunkie
quote:
Jiving Sister Jan wrote:
You have a child named Keith

You have a lick room.

Your in the right place!
24th July 2006 04:12 AM
FotiniD Welcome along Jiving Sister Jan! I like your way of thinking
24th July 2006 05:26 AM
Zack This is true: We talk about working toward a "negotiated settlement" here in Sri Lanka but I always want to change it to "compromise solution."
24th July 2006 07:38 AM
Gazza when, in jostorm's case, you refuse to ride on an underground line in Berlin because it's called "U2" ....
24th July 2006 07:41 AM
Gazza when people youve never met but who work with your wife cut out articles on the Stones in newspapers and give them to her to pass on to you in case you havent seen them....
24th July 2006 08:30 AM
Nellcote When reports of the Stones touring starts to enter the mainstream of news cycles, everyone BUT my wife calls to let me know....

When you wake up on a Monday morning, decide that the five hour each way trip to Giants Stadium is not a bad ride to see the Stones, & great friends @ RO hook you up with tix...

When clients enter my office and say "So, do you like the Rolling Stones?" (any derogatory remarks add $$ to their services)

When you still travel miles to a record shop the day any new Stones lp or dvd is released...

When you still ask store managers for the eight foot cloth ceiling hanging for Four Flicks after the promo run has finished...

When you go absolutely bonkers cleaning out your parents home and find the five foot Some Girls promo poster you obtained back in the day, and thought was thrown out, and everyone says "he is having one of those moments, leave him alone"...

24th July 2006 10:21 AM
Jair When you think to yourself:

- Damm, I'd left my wife and blow job Mick in public!

Wait! Am I being fan ou just gay?
24th July 2006 12:30 PM
gustavobala ...when you buy your first bootleg!
24th July 2006 12:37 PM
jb When you are a successful, zionist-attorney, who spends tens of thousands of dollars each time they tour, despite hating how they currentlty sound/play.
24th July 2006 12:50 PM
monkey_man When you've told your wife repeatly that there isn't any money for the kitchen remodel this fall and then you hear there is a theater gig in NYC and suddenly thousands of dollars are available to make the trip happen.
24th July 2006 12:54 PM
Saint Sway when you suddenly learn of a secret warm up show in toronto and immediately drop everything you are doing, race to the airport, jump on a plane and $$$$$$ your way in to the gig

[Edited by Saint Sway]
24th July 2006 01:09 PM
killerbitch When you will pay any amount of money to see The Stones anywhere you can
go whether you can afford it or not.

When all you think and talk about are The Rolling Stones
You have as many shirts, keychains, calendars, and merchandise you can
get your hands on that says Rolling Stones, logo or pictures.

When you have nearly or all of their songs they ever made.

All of your friends are Stones fans.

You go to as many websites of the Stones that you can find, but RO is #1!!

Your biggest dream is getting a job with The Rolling Stones.

And your really a fan when all of The Stones know you by sight and name.

This is not me (not yet) but my idea of a real Stones fanatic.
24th July 2006 01:41 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
---EVERY person who knows you (Family, Friends Co-Workers) repeatedly says "I always think of YOU when I hear a Stones Song or any news about them."

...perhaps, the best example!

24th July 2006 01:43 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
When you log on to the internet first thing in the morning and the first place you go to is Rocks Off.

you mean it's not your homepage?!
24th July 2006 07:57 PM
Jair ...Or, when you do insane things like this:

25th July 2006 08:04 AM
Bruno ... when my girlfriend keeps telling me I prefer the Stones better than her!
25th July 2006 09:26 AM
Jair
quote:
Bruno wrote:
... when my girlfriend keeps telling me I prefer the Stones better than her!

And i was thinkin' that I was the gay here...
25th July 2006 10:03 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

you mean it's not your homepage?!

I can make it my homepage? Well, alright!

Oh yeah, one more:

When you hear there might be an announcement of a U.S. fall tour, so you wait all day at the computer, complete with three different credit cards in front of you in case tickets go on sale (and none of them have your name on it).

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
25th July 2006 03:02 PM
steel driving hammer when you wear a hand made "Stones Rule You Bastards" tee shirt!
25th July 2006 03:08 PM
pdog
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
when you wear a hand made "Stones Rule You Bastards" tee shirt!

Written in crayon?
25th July 2006 03:09 PM
Some Guy
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
when you wear a hand made "Stones Rule You Bastards" tee shirt!

bitchin
25th July 2006 05:08 PM
kmc you take YOUR MOTHER to a stones concert. was with my friend and his mom at morning msg show in '69. she wanted to see what he was nuts over.
very strange.
ps she was not hot.
25th July 2006 05:39 PM
Jiving Sister Jan You Cry because they are not coming to Louisiana.

My lick room is what my grand kids call my spare bedroom with all of my Rolling Stones stuff on the walls. Tongues every where.

You think about selling everything in your Lick room on
e-bay to see them again.
25th July 2006 05:42 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
When in July 2006 you purchase the extended remix version of Undercover/Too Much Blood on LP for no good reason, other than it felt cool to get it.

Doing the same thing in 1983. Oh, wait...it was the extended Undercover with a dub remix of Feel On Baby on the b-side. Way cool....

Or I suppose further evidence would be our that oldest son's name is Keith.

[Edited by lotsajizz]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)