ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: You know you are a Stones Fan When............. Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st July 2006 09:55 PM
Kilroy You spend hours fixing a cassette tape cause your truck only has a cassette player in it and the Stones did not release the new albium in cassette format, in the States and you had to buy one off of E bay and (spend To Much?). I'm interested in what makes yall a Stones fan. Other than the amount of $ spent on a particular ticket, or show. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I camee to the positive conclusion when the prerecorded tape Hello Gazza uped on me and I had to fix it. Recording the CD is not an option. I wanted the tape. By the way I'm on my third copy of Exhile. The original and I do mean original wore out at college in the late 70's. So fixing a cassette tape and 3 copies of Exhile. Two copies of Sticky Digets
[Edited by Kilroy]
22nd July 2006 01:00 AM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves When you wear 3 different Stones t's during the course of a day
22nd July 2006 02:54 AM
Lethargy When in July 2006 you purchase the extended remix version of Undercover/Too Much Blood on LP for no good reason, other than it felt cool to get it.
22nd July 2006 03:21 AM
pdog At The age of 13 I put on my old Junior Varsity Football pants and danced in front of the mirror...
This also qualifies as you know you're retarded when...
22nd July 2006 10:12 AM
not bound to please
quote:
pdog wrote:
At The age of 13 I put on my old Junior Varsity Football pants and danced in front of the mirror...

and gay
22nd July 2006 10:19 AM
StickyFishFingers ...when you scar your body for life by getting a Stones tattoo - I got the tongue logo tatttooed on my right shoulder for my 35th birthday two years ago. And also when you organise all your Stones t-shirts so that they take pride of place in your wardrobe.
22nd July 2006 10:22 AM
RollingstonesUSA When you get a Stones tattoo and FUCK to Some Girls....
22nd July 2006 11:05 AM
BILL PERKS I ONCE PUNCHED A FRIEND IN THE FACE CUZ HE THREW OUT A MAGAZINE OF MINE WITH THE STONES ON THE COVER
22nd July 2006 11:20 AM
glencar Was he Jewish?
22nd July 2006 12:04 PM
Dick Bush When you have to give your own kids very lousy, tricky explanations for all that what they've been doing in the last 30 (yes: thirty!) years.

It's always a fighting for the lost cause.
22nd July 2006 12:13 PM
GotToRollMe When you log on to the internet first thing in the morning and the first place you go to is Rocks Off.

When you buy two identical event t-shirts because you want to wear one and keep the other one "like new."

When you buy two identical ANYTHING Stones-related so you can use one and keep the other one "like new."

When you contemplate trading sexual favors for fall mini-tour tickets.

Oh dear...

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
22nd July 2006 12:36 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
glencar wrote:
Was he Jewish?

OF COURSE...ALSO, I HAVE KEPT MY 1994 SKELETONS VOODOO LOUNGE SHIRT HOPING I'LL FIT INTO IT AGAIN ONE DAY
22nd July 2006 12:51 PM
glencar I use my Steels Wheels multi-tongues shirt to wash the car.
22nd July 2006 01:28 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
glencar wrote:
I use my Steels Wheels multi-tongues shirt to wash the car.

Blasphemy!
22nd July 2006 01:29 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
pdog wrote:
At The age of 13 I put on my old Junior Varsity Football pants and danced in front of the mirror...

VENTNOR PIRATES (RED-WHITE)?
22nd July 2006 01:37 PM
LadyJane ---NO matter WHAT song it is that comes on the radio AFTER a Stones song, it's a letdown.

---EVERY person who knows you (Family, Friends Co-Workers) repeatedly says "I always think of YOU when I hear a Stones Song or any news about them."

---You are about to go further into credit card debt 'cause you know it's gonna hurt like hell when there are no more Tours.

---And finally...you know you are a FANATIC....when typing Number 3 makes you immediately start to cry.

LJ.
22nd July 2006 01:47 PM
PartyDoll MEG GotToRollMe and LadyJane, pretty well summed it up for me too!! And all I wish is that this madness continues for a little while longer....

I have a feeling it is gonna get much worse for me.....
(I will be paying off my Rolling Stone debt well into retirement. There is that saying...Just Say No....naaahhh, just can't do it!)
22nd July 2006 02:13 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
GotToRollMe and LadyJane, pretty well summed it up for me too!! And all I wish is that this madness continues for a little while longer....

I have a feeling it is gonna get much worse for me.....
(I will be paying off my Rolling Stone debt well into retirement. There is that saying...Just Say No....naaahhh, just can't do it!)

Hey, I'm trying to decide which bank I should rob! LOL!
22nd July 2006 02:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot You know it when people call you from bars so you can answer Stones trivia questions for them...

You know it when you can wear a different Stones t-shirt every day for an entire month...and not repeat shirts...

22nd July 2006 02:39 PM
pdog
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

VENTNOR PIRATES (RED-WHITE)?

Yup! I heard the merged all the downbeach city teams into one!
22nd July 2006 02:53 PM
Sir Stonesalot You know it when you have entire tours complete on bootlegs.

You know it when you comtemplate buying $100.00 bottles of wine just because it has a Stones tongue on the label.

You know it when your local used record store calls you up when they get more Stones vinyl in.

You know it when you not only have Exile on vinyl(complete with the post cards, and a "play" copy too!), CD, the Mickboy Remaster CDR, and Cassette...but on 8-Track as well. And you don't even own an 8-Track player!!

You know it when your most prized possesion is a pristine Jumping Jack Flash picturesleeve 45.

You know it when you think it is perfectly reasonable to travel hundreds of miles and spend hundreds of dollars just to hang out around a campfire and drink with other Stones fans.

22nd July 2006 03:06 PM
pdog
quote:
not bound to please wrote:
and gay

At that time of my life, no one would have sex with me!
a teenager in football pants singing into a hairbrush, would you have fucked me back then?
22nd July 2006 03:18 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

At that time of my life, no one would have sex with me!
a teenager in football pants singing into a hairbrush, would you have fucked me back then?

Hey, I spent countless adolescent hours in front of the mirror miming to "Let It Bleed" and "Monkey Man," so back then I probably would have romped with you!

22nd July 2006 07:24 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
pdog wrote:

Yup! I heard the merged all the downbeach city teams into one!

PDOG- THEY DID THAT WHEN I PLAYED VENTNOR IN 1982..MARGATE HAD FOLDED(CUZ THEY SUCKED!)WE LOST TO THE PIRATES IN THE PLAYOFFS 26-13.
23rd July 2006 01:51 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl When you're there everyday giving your ass here and rocking like a real bastard jamming and rocking for ya all

Do I apply?
23rd July 2006 02:34 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Where's Brian?
23rd July 2006 02:45 AM
stonesgirl101 EXACTLY what LJ said!!
23rd July 2006 07:17 AM
nankerphelge You know it when you can place a Stones lyric to just about anything you do, see or hear

You know it when you wonder WWJD (what would Jagger do?) before doing something naughty

you know it when you think about all the times you heard the Stones were about to announce a tour and every hair on you body stands straight up and you skin turns to chicken.

I swear the God!
23rd July 2006 08:03 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
When you're there everyday giving your ass here and rocking like a real bastard jamming and rocking for ya all

Do I apply?

Honey, thankfully, you be the craziest of us all!!!
23rd July 2006 09:20 AM
Jumpinjackflash59 When you're sick because of anxiety, can't sleep, can't eat, can't work efficiently, just because you're going to see them in one week, for the first time of the summer. It's exactly how i feel right now!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)